Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 07:24 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,500,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
in·dig·e·nous

adjective
originating or occurring naturally in a particular place;

No one is indigenous to North America. Even the "native americans" immigrated here from Asia.

I'm just as "native" as anyone from a tribe.
This is the one I agree with and that aspect is being proven more every single day with just another 14,000 year old settlement being discovered on an island off the coast of British Columbia, Canada.

Archeological find affirms Heiltsuk Nation's oral history - British Columbia - CBC News

They still had to come from somewhere else before settling there. The Ice Age would not have allowed anything to crawl out of the primordial ooz in that area.

Old 04-27-2017, 07:25 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,640,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
How'd your family get here?

Carry on.

My family was here when the nation was formed. I think the problem is that so many people do not know what the word "immigrant" means. An immigrant is a person who enters a country after it has formed. Most of the people in my family were born in the USA. That's not an immigrant!

No, we are certainly not a nation of immigrants but we have too many illegal aliens that need to leave. The biggest problem this country has right now is that too many people are moving here illegally and do not have the understanding of what freedom and responsibility are so our population is being turned upside down and America as a free country of law and order and freedom is being destroyed by those who have no roots here.

Old 04-27-2017, 07:31 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,555,288 times
Too bad we didn't send OP's mother back to where she came from.

It's not too late, though.

Old 04-27-2017, 07:38 PM

62,977 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron210 View Post
Nope, its not true, no matter how badly you want it to be.

You are a native, but you are related to an immigrant. Hence, we are a nation of immigrants.

Came here legally? Don't make me laugh.

Coming here legally was stowing away on a ship and having your name written in a book. Nowadays, its much much harder. And skills that were needed? Ok, and thats why other countries were kicking out felons and murderers and sending them over here. Sorry, but that's one skill that I don't think we need.

Most immigrants came thru Ellis Island and there were requirements in place to be admitted. Many were carpenters and other nation building needs. As for the early European settlers there were no immigration laws in place when they came here.

What part of our native born citizen population way outnumbers our immigrant one don't you get? Thus, we have been mostly a nation of U.S. citizens for a long time now so no, we are no longer a nation of immigrants any more than any other nation is no matter how much you wish it were. You make me laugh with your desperate attempts to deny our citizens their nation.

Old 04-27-2017, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron210 View Post
Yep the 1/2 immigrant has been confirmed.

Ask the native americans that, they had borders and laws. To them, the immigrants from Europe were illegal.

They all "moved here legally" and then have a baby and then over stay their visa. So I guess it's true about the anchor baby thing.

With this post, I HIGHLY DOUBT that you have a masters, but let's say you did, what is it in? It's certainly not History.

Are you really this clueless? The Ameridians (not native Americans) didn't own this land and there were no internationally recognized immigration laws or borders back then. What gave them ownership of this land anyway? Where were their land deeds?

You don't even know the definition of an anchor baby. Hint, they aren't babies born from citizens or legal immigrants, they are born from illegal aliens. If they overstayed their visa and had a baby while out of status (here illegally) then yes they gave birth to an anchor baby.

Old 04-27-2017, 07:54 PM

379 posts, read 255,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Cravings View Post

Why would you want to do that? Do you know her? If so, what did she do wrong?

Old 04-27-2017, 07:56 PM

379 posts, read 255,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Based on the 'I'm not an immigrant, I was born here, so this can't possibly be a nation of immigrants' argument, I'd really like to see the twisted logic these folks would use in an argument over the term "the sky is blue".
I wouldn't argue that. The sky is blue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
in·dig·e·nous

adjective
originating or occurring naturally in a particular place;

No one is indigenous to North America. Even the "native americans" immigrated here from Asia.

I'm just as "native" as anyone from a tribe.

Yep, too bad that liberals and ethnocentrics feel the need to reduce the status of our own native born citizens to something less than those who migrated over the Bering Strait and their offspring. All of our ancestors migrated here so no one is a special native.

626 posts, read 381,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Cravings View Post

Dude, really?

Civility at it's finest right here. Gotta love liberal "tolerance."

Old 04-27-2017, 08:11 PM

1,158 posts, read 961,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownHillAmerica View Post
This is a myth!

Cases in point: I'm not one. My dad wasn't. His parents weren't. Most of my friends aren't. Millions of other Americans aren't!
Yeah, you really need to do some genealogy because unless you're native American someone in your family tree immigrated to America to allow YOU the privilege of being born an American. You should be grateful to those people everyday who made that sacrifice for you to have a better life. That America is a country of immigrants is not a myth.

My first ancestor arrived as an indentured servant in Watertown, Massachusetts in 1645.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies