Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 04:37 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,824,355 times

Advertisements

This would have been a perfect time for jury nullification to fight this unconstitutional law. Hopefully he will get a great attorney from one of the gun rights groups and appeal this, going clear to the US Supreme Court if need be to beat this BS conviction of a BS unconstitutional law.

...shall not be infringed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2017, 04:43 PM

27,170 posts, read 15,352,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Blog: Veteran faces 21 years in prison for possession of pistol magazines Pretty crazy. I know they will never sentence him consecutively but harsh for what he is accused of. Probably owned them pre-ban. A law abiding citizen turned into a criminal because of ridiculous gun laws!! In the meantime real criminals are doing a lot worse!!!

I saw this earlier today and the NY Law is a shame and, to me, a crime in itself.

Last edited by bluesjuke; 04-30-2017 at 05:00 PM..

Old 04-30-2017, 04:50 PM

763 posts, read 380,474 times
These laws are absolutely ridiculous. I'm glad I don't live in an anti Second Amendment state like NY.

Old 04-30-2017, 04:55 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,718,247 times
Really shouldn't be any gun laws outside of a few small rules and regulations.

Such as anyone under the age of 21 cannot purchase a firearm with out an adult present. Anyone under the age of 18 must use a firearm with an adult present.

Should be training for firearms every five years and then 10 afterwards.

Individuals in prison or parole or probation will gave their 2nd Ammendnent rights suspended.

Individuals who are currently in outlatient psychiatric treatment must have a letter from a Doctor to purchase a firearm and cannot posses a firearm till after 6 month's from discharge from an inpatient psychiatric. Individuals can have exemption to use at their employer if required to. Also this is at the discretion of the employer.

Any one who uses a firearm under the influence of a substance will have their 2nd Ammendnent right suspended, 2nd time a year, and third time possibly jail time.

Old 04-30-2017, 04:58 PM

27,170 posts, read 15,352,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
7 years for a high capacity magazine? I think he can challenge it under cruel and unusual punishment if nothing else, cause that is insane.

Look, I could see a month. Total. AT MOST.

I may be biased as I think laws like that are dumb though. But come on.

Which is why I don't vote for those that would seek to pass Law such as this.

Old 04-30-2017, 05:02 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,840,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
7 years for a high capacity magazine? I think he can challenge it under cruel and unusual punishment if nothing else, cause that is insane.

Look, I could see a month. Total. AT MOST.

I may be biased as I think laws like that are dumb though. But come on.
In my state they get 7 years for manslaughter after "good time".

Old 04-30-2017, 05:06 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,645,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Blog: Veteran faces 21 years in prison for possession of pistol magazines Pretty crazy. I know they will never sentence him consecutively but harsh for what he is accused of. Probably owned them pre-ban. A law abiding citizen turned into a criminal because of ridiculous gun laws!! In the meantime real criminals are doing a lot worse!!!
your "mag" guy should be hit as hard as a guy with drugs both are illegal.. just cause you disagree with the law does not mean the criminal you speak of deserves special treatmet. And that "probably " bit is simply you expressing "feelings" about a law breaking criminal because YOU identify with the law breaker.

i sure hope they throw the book at him , for his disregard of law. shame on him, thinking he is above the law and can do what he wants.

Old 04-30-2017, 05:08 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,645,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
You aren't biased in that respect. Politicians have been on a law making binge and it needs to stop! These laws do nothing to protect anyone, and only hurt law abiding citizens who one day were well within the law and the next felons, by no fault of their own.

It is estimated that there are more than 6M newly minted felons in CA now... much to the glee of the entire legal system that minted them.
by who?

and what defines "new".

the entire prison, jail , detention pop is about 3m across the entire nation. MASSIVE indeed but hardly 6 million and hardly new.

Old 04-30-2017, 05:14 PM

5,663 posts, read 5,095,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
The big question is, why does anyone even need a high capacity magazine ? Made to one thing, kill lots of people in a hurry.
Why do I need a car that can do 164mph? Why do I need a gas tank bigger than 5 gallons? Why should my wife, daughter and I live in a house over 5,000 sq ft? And most of all, why should you decide what someone else needs?

Old 04-30-2017, 05:19 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,869,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
The big question is, why does anyone even need a high capacity magazine ? Made to one thing, kill lots of people in a hurry.

Oh, yeah, because gun lovers want them and have that right.

I've had guns all my life, pistols, shotguns, and rifles. I enjoy shooting at a range too. But no one has answered WMaks' question.........why does anyone even need a high capacity magazine ? If one bullet can kill someone, and you have 5 or 6 left, what possible purpose is there for having more than that ?

So, I reask the question........why does anyone need one of these magazines ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies