Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 11:42 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,644,820 times

Advertisements

I ❤️ The USPS, I'll end it there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2017, 11:54 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
You just did. You sent a communication without paying postage. The only monopoly is the 1st class letter. The service which on just about every envelope that just about every business, along with government agencies like the IRS, sends you explores, make that begs you to get off the postal service and deal directly computer to computer so they can save that money. So much for an endless supply of money it is actually an endless liability to send a person to your mail receptacle six days a week.
LMAO.

You're a persistent one.

Tell ya what, go down to 1800 Pennsylvania Avenue in D.C. and tell Trump you are hereby refusing receipt of all government documents by USPS and won't be responsible for the ramifications.

Enjoy the prison rape that ensues.

Also, thoughts on Spooner's alternate USPS? Ya know part of capitalism is not only NOT being forced to use a product but being able to set up your own product.

Old 05-02-2017, 04:23 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,318,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordwillin02 View Post
Do you really think the USPS is doing well?

They're enormously inefficient, waste money on salaries and pensions, and are more often than not late. UPS and FedEx exist because USPS has egregiously poor service in most cases.
As I said yesterday, I use USPS a LOT for my eBay sales and I've *never* had a problem with deliveries. Ever. I also use USPS quite a bit for Netflix and again, never had a problem with them. Maybe the issue is localized rather than at a national level?

Old 05-02-2017, 05:47 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,227,705 times
What is with the people who want to "destroy" anything and everything about this government. If they don't like the systems in America; why not move to a country that does not have a mail system, or one that does not have social security, medicare and does not have any job protections for workers; or one that does not have a stable structured process of governance? !!!

Most of the people have never considered the many lives that have survived and thrived by these jobs, they contribute to this economy and many valuable things are delivered daily by mail, to many people whom would otherwise have great difficulty to get those things. As to the act of Jobs the U.S. Postal System provides, I know I don't have the desire to walk to so many houses day after day, or the processing work that is involved in the function of their processes, but I certainly respect those who do. I've known many who worked for the system, as well as seen the other collateral jobs created because of the U.S. Postal System.

It is something seriously wrong with the people who want to dismantle "everything", until someone comes to dismantle their job, then they suddenly wake up. People whine about Cost. but not one of these people have said one word about Trump WASTING million upon millions of government money to house his wife in her glass tower and the expense involved in his flying to Florida, nor the cost it is to the taxpayer to secure that place and cover all the expense associated with him going there.

These people are like a "Devoted and Obsessed SERF" who will gladly give over their child to a Hitler Styled Youth Camp if the wealthy told them to do so. It's utterly sick and pathetic.

It's as if they can't get that peasantry mentality out of their family linage from the time their ancestry boarded ships and came here decades ago.

On an average, there is not much in this country that functions with the efficiency of the Postal Service, no they are "not to the minute", but their consistency is and has been assured for more than a Century +.... These impatient people of today, want to destroy everything. We are likely living among those who make this as "the worst society" since the last of the 1960's.

The U.S. Postal System is One function that can't be Outsourced to Foreign Nations, and America people are ready to destroy it. That is pathetic!!!!.

This site seem to expose everything that is wrong with America, and the wrongs are in the minds and mentality of some of the people. What the heck kind of people are these? People complain about Immigrants, but our problem in many of the Right Wing Confederate Mentality People. Most Immigrants who come here, legal and illegal, appreciate the system and functions that make America the country that it is. It's the "Right Wing Confederate Mentality People".

Its likely that the biggest mistake made during the Civil War, was not cleaning them all out, and casting them out.

It's pure Insanity......

It's like people who aspired to Jim Crow, and then the Law Changed, A great many people awakened because of the law, some were awakened who supported and promoted the law, and other never awakened and were only restrained from wreaking more havoc because of their fear of consequences because of the law; they simply never evolved to became humane and civil to respect the principles of our governance system and its attributes to society.

In a realistic concept, we'd fare far better to "export these Right Wing Confederate Mentality People types somewhere"; than it would be to deport illegals. One thing is for sure, the greater % of Illegals appreciate America and the American Systems. (I'm not advocating illegal immigration), only making a point, that the subversive mentality of the Right Wing Confederate Mentality People who want to dismantle anything and everything that the government supports and promotes, is like a cancer that eats away at the ideals that America has been aspiring to evolve to become as being a Democracy that cares about its people, as a system of governance that develops and support programs that provide services to the citizen population.

There is such a thing as "Evil Being Real", none should try and deny that, because the inhumane and anti civil and anti governance minded people function from a premise that seeks to deny others benefits and services of our governing system, because of their lustful greed of wanting to hoard even more. They are a danger to everything America has aspired to be and become.

DEFINITION of Evil: in a general context, is the absence or opposite of that which is described as being good. causing discomfort or repulsion; causing ruin, injury, or pain; harmful:

No matter how many post people present to speak about the humanity benefit, the social benefit and the convenience benefit of the Postal system; nothing gets through to these Right Wing Confederate Mentality People, because "evil" is the basis they function from. They are driven to seek to hoard and covet something, as they detest anything that benefits others which they can't hoard for themselves. They do so, because the "Avarice based mindset they function from" can't get enough of anything", and have an hatred to see anything that benefits a social/civil system of society, so "they" want to destroy anything they think will help them get more, while denying something to others. "It's pure evilness" !!!!

Quote:
2 Timothy 3:2-4
For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God,
They are basically, "Un-Civilized" = (not considered to be socially, culturally, or morally advanced. not suitable for a well developed, peaceful society where people are treated fairly)

Quote:
1 Timothy 6:9-11
But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation, into a snare, into many senseless and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs. But as for you, O man of God, flee these things. Pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, steadfastness, gentleness.
All they know is "choosing anything that supports the basis for them to hoard something. It is exactly how and why people like Hitler amassed such a following; by telling the people, "if they get rid of the Jews, they will have more for themselves". This is the same continual premise that is core in the ideology of the Right Wing Confederate Mentality People

That mentality of ideological premise can be found over and over and over in this website by the posting of the Right Wingers, who seem to flood this site, pushing that same mentality in any topic that is brought to discussion.

It's time for America people to wake up and see it for what it is, and what will be seen is the "How and Why and Whom" is the driving force of all the havoc in our society. They are like a perpetual menace unto civility and social function of our American Society, they are the basis of why we struggle so to build and progress as a Democracy.

Last edited by Chance and Change; 05-02-2017 at 06:27 AM..

Old 05-02-2017, 06:06 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,854,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
As I said yesterday, I use USPS a LOT for my eBay sales and I've *never* had a problem with deliveries. Ever. I also use USPS quite a bit for Netflix and again, never had a problem with them. Maybe the issue is localized rather than at a national level?
I think the reason you have never had a problem is that you have never had a problem. My frustration with them is that not one post office, out of about 5 that I called, ever answer their phones. I got on the internet, and also tried calling any phone number I could to get an answer as to why my package had not arrived, and NO ONE ever answered any of those numbers. I let it ring forever.

The government could save a bunch of money by simply removing all those phones, they don't use them anyway.

Old 05-02-2017, 06:31 AM

12,392 posts, read 8,161,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
LMAO.

You're a persistent one.

Tell ya what, go down to 1800 Pennsylvania Avenue in D.C. and tell Trump you are hereby refusing receipt of all government documents by USPS and won't be responsible for the ramifications.

Enjoy the prison rape that ensues.

Also, thoughts on Spooner's alternate USPS? Ya know part of capitalism is not only NOT being forced to use a product but being able to set up your own product.
It is the government itself which are trying to get you not to use the postal service, thus saving the money which destroys your endless source of income argument. Only the liability is endless the source of income based upon 1st class letters has collapsed. Be it a bank statement and other business mailings where the sender makes an economic and an environmentalist plea for you to get off of receiving paper statements to greeting cards first replace by email cards and now by direct messages on a facebook page. Only a fool would try to set up a business to send a letter with a congressional mandate to make it a uniform price to the address to every person in the nation

Every other class of mail from and advertisement to a magazine to a parcel has direct competition to the postal service. Thus no endless source of income that you can identify while you depend on others to read some dissertation of some guy named Spooner in a format where if you scroll a page you did not communicate anything because message boards or their original name bulletin boards are largely TLDR, too long didn't read, format.

Old 05-02-2017, 12:03 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
It is the government itself which are trying to get you not to use the postal service, thus saving the money which destroys your endless source of income argument. Only the liability is endless the source of income based upon 1st class letters has collapsed. Be it a bank statement and other business mailings where the sender makes an economic and an environmentalist plea for you to get off of receiving paper statements to greeting cards first replace by email cards and now by direct messages on a facebook page. Only a fool would try to set up a business to send a letter with a congressional mandate to make it a uniform price to the address to every person in the nation

Every other class of mail from and advertisement to a magazine to a parcel has direct competition to the postal service. Thus no endless source of income that you can identify while you depend on others to read some dissertation of some guy named Spooner in a format where if you scroll a page you did not communicate anything because message boards or their original name bulletin boards are largely TLDR, too long didn't read, format.
Some guy named Spooner?

Lol

Old 05-02-2017, 01:02 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,036,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post

I think the reason you have never had a problem is that you have never had a problem. My frustration with them is that not one post office, out of about 5 that I called, ever answer their phones. I got on the internet, and also tried calling any phone number I could to get an answer as to why my package had not arrived, and NO ONE ever answered any of those numbers. I let it ring forever.

The government could save a bunch of money by simply removing all those phones, they don't use them anyway.
Oh, the postal employees probably use the phones all the time, and would say that they need them to conduct day-to-day business.

They just don't take any of your calls, apparently.

You might want to contemplate upon why that might be.

Old 05-02-2017, 06:25 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,763,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
The USPS is the worst ever. Here is a thread I posted the other day about my own frustration with them:

What a mismanaged, horrible service. Friday a week ago, a company sent me a replacement part for one that was packaged wrong. They sent it via Parcel Post Priority Mail. I got a tracking number and tracked it, said I should have it on Friday the 28th. On Friday morning, their website said it was on the truck going to my destination.

I waited all day, never showed up. I tried calling every post office in the area, NONE answers their phones. I even called the 1-800 number, and all you get are recordings, no human being. Finally, on Saturday morning, I drove to my local post office location because I thought I could pick it up there. WRONG !! The clerk said they had thousands of packages to go through, and no idea where mine was.

Finally, late Saturday, it did show up. But it was a really frustrating process all the way through, especially since you can not even get a human being on the phone.......why do they even HAVE phones ?

I predict that the Post Office will not even be around in another 5-10 years........worst run business ever.
First thing, There is no such thing as Parcel Post Priority Mail. It was probably shipped Parcel Post w/Tracking. Secondly, if the tracking system stated truck going to my destination, that meant it was at some level of transportation during that day thus it would have showed up at some time at your Post Office during the day after your carrier was already out for the day. The Post Office does not send out second carriers on the same day. Saturday morning, tracking probably stated "Sorting complete, out for delivery" and wherever you are on your carriers delivery route then that is when it. Lastly, calling the USPS trying to get real time scanning is rather useless as all they can tell you is the last place it got scanned. They can't tell you anymore than you already see on your computer screen at home. Anything shipped Parcel Post or Parcel Select has the lowest priority of any type of mail. It can take upwards of 10 business days (or more) to cross the US. All this boils down to you expecting $8 service while only paying $3. Not USPS fault, chalk that one up to your sender. Parcel Post

Old 05-02-2017, 06:43 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,763,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Nope. I love the Post Office. The best damn deal we have in this country.
Pretty much agree. Reading through this thread people want UPS/Fedex service while paying DHL (slower than Parcel Post) rates. Maybe the USPS should start charging Canada's rates thus letting a stamp jump to a dollar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies