Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2017, 06:22 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times

Advertisements

More Americans finally understand that Leftists will never accept responsibility for the negative effects their own policies. Ex... crime, abortion, out of wedlock births, welfare, drugs, and other social ills occur which most often in areas where D's have had a lock on the political landscape.

When challenged, liberals change the subject, shut down or shout down voices of opposition. These protest are nothing more than liberals coming together to shout together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2017, 06:26 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
More Americans finally understand that Leftists will never accept responsibility for the negative effects their own policies. Ex... crime, abortion, out of wedlock births, welfare, drugs, and other social ills occur which most often in areas where D's have had a lock on the political landscape.
Because those things would never happen under a Republican government. OK, buddy...

Quote:
When challenged, liberals try to change the subject, shut down or shout down voices of opposition. These protest are nothing more than liberals coming together to shout together.
Not exactly true. Are you basing this on fringe left groups? Keep in mind "the left" is made up of literally millions of people, and many protests have consisted of thousands upon thousands of people (behaving and acting peacefully).

I might not agree with someone from "the other side" - but I'll certainly listen to them. I'm not a unicorn.

Old 05-02-2017, 06:27 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
They are making themselves look ridiculous.

Old 05-02-2017, 06:31 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,810,789 times
Does your fatigue ever cause your stomach to burn? My stomach burned one time when I saw Trumps face on the television.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Ok, now what about tangible things? And sorry, hes not a "so-called" president. Like it or not, he is your actual president.

So if he is our president then why is he still allowed to do whatever he wants? That would imply we are his bosses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
That would require them to come out of mamas basement and take a bath. Then they would actually have to do something other than stick out thier hands in the same way a baby bird waits for free food from mama bird.
Yeah like lie our asses off and fake who we are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
I can't stand Trump, but I don't care enough to protest in the street about it.

That said, I'm happy people are still doing it. I'm aware that most protests have very little impact on anything. But if nothing else, I know it annoys Trump. His precious ego probably tingles every time he sees thousand of people protesting against him.

Just the thought of Trump being annoyed by seeing protesters makes me happy LOL.
I don't protest because I don't like putting myself out there..hard enough to put myself out there to an employer let alone do something that might put my picture in the news.
Anyway I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Exactly! Because Trump does his best to unite us and make everyone happy!

"Crooked Hillary"
"Fake news"
"Deface the Nation"
"They're (the media) the enemy!"
"Mexicans are murderers and rapists"
"I'm implementing a Muslim ban"
"Very ignorant president Obama"

Yes! Trump unites us all with his positivity!
You forgot one.

I miss my old life. This is too hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
That's exactly what's wrong with these protests. You don't want to "normalize" him? Well, he was duly elected, whether you like it or not. Not wanting to normalize him is only hurting this country.
You can't normalize a narcissist. Again I know this from experience.

Quote:

When challenged, liberals change the subject, shut down or shout down voices of opposition. These protest are nothing more than liberals coming together to shout together.
They probably change the subject because you guys don't listen.
Sometimes even I give up and I'm stubborn as hell. What's the point? I'd have a better chance of the trees near my window listening to me.

Old 05-02-2017, 08:56 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,977,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
So if he is our president then why is he still allowed to do whatever he wants? That would imply we are his bosses.
This is wrong and misguided on so many levels, I'm not even sure where to start. Not sure if you are just trying to be a troll or truly have no idea whats going on.

Old 05-02-2017, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
This is wrong and misguided on so many levels, I'm not even sure where to start. Not sure if you are just trying to be a troll or truly have no idea whats going on.
Nope I have never paid as much attention to the news as I am now. True that he's getting things like the travel plan blocked and hasn't been able to repeal the healthcare so I admit that's an exaggeration but he seems to think he can do whatever he wants and he's still passing other EOs that are questionable.
He's still throwing tantrums when they rightfully block him which is not right because if he was in a regular job the boss would fire him just like that and actually he wouldn't even get hired.

Old 05-03-2017, 07:19 AM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Nope I have never paid as much attention to the news as I am now. True that he's getting things like the travel plan blocked and hasn't been able to repeal the healthcare so I admit that's an exaggeration but he seems to think he can do whatever he wants and he's still passing other EOs that are questionable.
He's still throwing tantrums when they rightfully block him which is not right because if he was in a regular job the boss would fire him just like that and actually he wouldn't even get hired.
http://thediplomat.com/2017/05/the-m...posed-madness/

Maybe Trump is getting what he wants. It sure seems to be working on foreign policy. Believe it or not, the diplomacy of the recent past has been wholly ineffective. One need only look at the progress of Pyongyang's nuclear program or the horrendous Iranian deal to see that.

When Bush asked the then president of China to help them work on stopping NK, the Chinese president told Bush that NK was the US's problem, not theirs. Obama wasn't anymore successful. And we all know that the Clinton plan didn't work and allowed NK to build their nuclear program.

Now China seems to be just fearful enough of Trump's unpredictability that they seem to finally be helping on that front. We shall see. I lived through this game of chicken in the '80s, and it worked in our favor. Maybe it will finally work here too. We need to do something because nukes with long range missiles in the hands of Kim Jun Un is a nightmare waiting to happen.

Old 05-03-2017, 09:44 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:

They probably change the subject because you guys don't listen.
Sometimes even I give up and I'm stubborn as hell. What's the point? I'd have a better chance of the trees near my window listening to me.
They change the subject because they don't like what is being said. Oh the left's refusal to listen to Americans had a hand in your losing the election. Funnier yet, you were oh so shocked... why... because you didn't listen, you couldn't see what was coming. Instead you stayed in your echo chamber where everyone is lockstep in agreement.

Old 05-03-2017, 07:33 PM

Quote:
They change the subject because they don't like what is being said. Oh the left's refusal to listen to Americans had a hand in your losing the election. Funnier yet, you were oh so shocked... why... because you didn't listen, you couldn't see what was coming. Instead you stayed in your echo chamber where everyone is lockstep in agreement.

Who's you? Are you talking about the left or me?

Yes I get it everyone is supposed to listen to you but you don't have to listen to us. You've made that very loud and clear.

Old 05-03-2017, 08:34 PM

319 posts, read 199,116 times
The people doing all these pro-Trump protests and going to his rallies are the ones who are being counterproductive. They're lazy and have too much free time on their hands. All they do is beg for assistance (Help us with our coal! Give us more money!). They should get jobs and stop looking for handouts from the government. If you can't beat out an immigrant for a job, then you're the problem. Quit complaining and work harder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies