Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2017, 12:12 PM

10,535 posts, read 6,171,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
There is no claim of assault in that transcript. There's an egomaniac discussing how fame has allowed him to behave crudely around women who are attracted to his fame.

If you take exception to Trump's sexual blustering, but think Colbert talking about blow jokes ON THE AIR is ok, you have some hypocritical standards. *shrug*
I'm asking how talking like that in private makes it better than talking like that on air.
Nobody seems to be able to answer the question, you included.

Old 05-04-2017, 12:14 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,675,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_boudin View Post
i'm not a big Trump fan, but this stupid papagallo colbert is a complete disgrace... i totally understand that the only way he can get any ratings is by bashing Trump, but hey!!! have respect to the office, damn it!!!
LOL,Why ,Trump doesn't?If trump is going to disrespect the country ...everyone else can do it ,.

Old 05-04-2017, 12:15 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,525,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
I'm asking how talking like that in private makes it better than talking like that on air.

Emmmm...I suggest you go back and read all the threads.
There are plenty of people who have answered.

Old 05-04-2017, 12:17 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,511,604 times
Quote:
I didn't answer your question because I never defended Trump in the first place. I don't think one can fairly compare a crude private conversation between two people and a guy making homophobic dick jokes on national tv, though.

I'm disappointed in Colbert because I think he's better than what he displayed. He has made a fortune from nitpicking and mocking Trump's outrageous behavior.

But now he's just as outrageous himself.

Old 05-04-2017, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Emmmm...I suggest you go back and read all the threads.
There are plenty of people who have answered.
So in other words you cant give me an answer. You answer is a cop out and no it has not been answered.
I ask you again:

How is bragging about assaulting women better because it is done in private? Huh?

I'll tell you the answer. It is not better. It's worse because he's hiding it and no doubt speaks like that all the time behind closed doors.

Old 05-04-2017, 12:24 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,525,056 times
Quote:
So in other words you cant give me an answer. You answer is a cop out and no it has not been answered.
I ask you again:

How is bragging about assaulting women better because it is done in private? Huh?

I'll tell you the answer. It is not better. It's worse because he's hiding it and no doubt speaks like that all the time behind closed doors.
Per the transcript I do not see anything about assaulting a women said by Trump.

Raunchy yes, but no assault.

Old 05-04-2017, 12:28 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,511,604 times
Quote:
I ask you again:

Knowing how you feel about this, since you've made your feelings strongly clear here, how would you expect us to react then if you went on to do the same thing yourself?

'Cause that's exactly what Colbert did.

Old 05-04-2017, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Per the transcript I do not see anything about assaulting a women said by Trump.

Raunchy yes, but no assault.
Grabbing women by the ***** is not assault?

Old 05-04-2017, 12:43 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,630,430 times
Quote:
Grabbing women by the ***** is not assault?
No more than wishing someone dead is murder

Old 05-04-2017, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Knowing how you feel about this, since you've made your feelings strongly clear here, how would you expect us to react then if you went on to do the same thing yourself?

'Cause that's exactly what Colbert did.
You have to start using bold type when you've asked the same question 3 times and people dodge your answer. I'm just trying to get a point across.

Colbert didn't do the same thing. However he did react with course words that he said himself were maybe not chosen wisely. But notice Colbert has never spoken like that about anyone else? Why is that do you think?
Could there be a common denominator here?
And maybe he didn't go about it the right way, but it does hold up a mirror to the society Trump has turned us all into. Colbert would never have pulled something like this before Trump came along. It's a reflection of Trump's grinding down of what we once thought to be unethical. Women defending what they like to generously refer to as 'locker room talk'.
I'm glad there are still millions of women out there that refuse to accept this as normal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies