Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 12:09 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,979,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Sure does, and there is a risk in electing elderly people, I suppose. But compare the way any of those comport themselves with Trump. Look at the way they were 2, 5, 10 years back and they were the same. They talked the same sense or nonsense depending on your politics. They stay on message. They remember what they said days ago. They don't drift, babble and mutter, become angry, sullen and withdraw from a conversation appearing confused. There is a big difference.
I don't like to harp on it because its a terrible situation, but honestly go look at Nancy Pelosi speaking recently. She hits many of those notes, drifting, babbling, muttering, angry, unfocused, forgetting what she is talking about...I'll be honest, I hate her politics but I do feel bad for her as a person. I have zero medical or psychology training and background, so hopefully for her I'm wrong.

You might be right on the others, but I mention them because they are unfortunately of the age (especially 4 years from now) when this becomes a big concern.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2017, 12:14 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,934,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I imagine it depends on state law. In any case, hauling a president off for evaluation is a questionable act at best. The likely course here will mirror private cases. There will be denial by the afflicted and associates (Congress) until it becomes too obvious to deny. At that point, Congress will remove him. The question is how to contain him and the damages he can do to our security and relationships around the world before that happens. He does have a top drawer security team and his economic cabinet though a bunch of wall street sleazes are highly qualified as well. They may just "wall" him off until even his fans are capable of seeing the obvious. We hope.
The process is in the 25th amendment:

"Section 4. Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President"

So Congress can't remove him, even if doctors claim he is unfit, unless the VP and a majority of the Cabinet decide on it.

Old 05-03-2017, 12:20 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,822,090 times
What I see President Trump do was possibly be misinformed. There is no guarantee he was misinformed since much of what is taught as history in public school isn't necessarily what happened. That said, even if he was wrong about what he thought he knew, how is that grounds to call the man nuts?

If we started insisting on calling someone nuts every time a politician, even the President, said something that wasn't true then acted on that proclamation to have the person removed, we might not have too many politicians left.

Let me give you an example. A few years ago I was in Little Rock on business and while there I decided to go to the Clinton Presidential Library. What I saw being reported as fact, you know things President Clinton accomplished and how things were done etc., seemed completely fabricated compared to my memory of what happened. I could scream and say, "That's a LIE!!!" or, I can accept that many times things that happen are viewed through the political perspective lenses of whomever is seeing them. That means when someone reports on them, claiming things as factual, they are only reporting or recording as history that which they saw from their own perspective. That is how history is written. I may view it as BS and flat out a lie... but there is no doubt in my mind the folks that contributed to and wrote for the Clinton Presidential Library honestly believe what they claim happened.

These concepts do not make me crazy nor do they make the contributors of the Clinton Presidential Library crazy. It's all just a matter of perspective. So maybe, just maybe Jennifer Rubin, who is hardly unbiased as is witnessed by numerous editorials she has written, is merely voicing her opinion article based upon her biased liberal opinion. Again, I'm not saying that is right or wrong, just an individual's political perspective.

But then again, that's just MY opinion.

Old 05-03-2017, 12:20 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Actually Pelosi, and Trump both are showing signs of it. Fortunately Pelosi is not in a position to launch nuclear weapons.

And yeah....he's off. And I take no pleasure in it. This sort of thing sucks, and is my biggest fear as I age. I honestly would not wish it on my worst enemy. Its part of why the internal battles in the white house are so...disturbing. They dont want to help him, they want to control and use him.

Old 05-03-2017, 12:29 PM

8,384 posts, read 4,369,703 times
Attempting to be totally objective:

Trump could do all kinds of things I disagree with but that would not make him 'crazy'. But, per the article, "Trump’s short attention span as well as his lack of coherence, self-control, rationality, steadiness and ability to process information." are not simply disagreeable but signs and symptoms of neurological disorder.

He is not rational in that he ignores the obvious refuses to accept reality when confronted. His perception of himself is beyond reproach and should anyone try, they are demonized. He has an inability to prioritize his personal life and work in a meaningful and rational way. The trivial is expounded on and matters that should be at the forefront are ignored or passed on to others with little or no guidance. Poor decision making is apparent on a daily basis that is not based on political agendas.

He just seems to be lashing out and floundering in a whirlwind he cannot seem to get control of because he is not mentally capable.

Last edited by ditchoc; 05-03-2017 at 01:01 PM..

Old 05-03-2017, 12:30 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Interesting read:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.429a68970dab

When is it okay?

At what point do we acknowledge that this is possible, given the evidence?
It was appropriate months & months ago.

Old 05-03-2017, 12:30 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Being that I worked in healthcare for over 20 years I have and your wrong.

I do know and have experienced people who are Narcissist and it describes the personality disorder of the left well... including Hillary. Colleges are rampant with narcissists. The big one for narcissist personalities is the use of threats of violence or actually violence in an attempt to gain control. More narcissist personalities traits below...

- An exaggerated sense of self-importance,
- Expecting unquestioning compliance with your expectations,
- Inability to admit fault.
- Having a sense of entitlement,
- Envious of others,
- Believing that you are superior,
- Behaving in an arrogant or haughty manner,
- An inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others if they don't comply with what you want.
You know that you just described Trump to a T, right? ^^^

Old 05-03-2017, 12:32 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Interesting read:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.429a68970dab

When is it okay?

At what point do we acknowledge that this is possible, given the evidence?
A blog. Well that's definitive proof. And expected. As is the hatred from the left, and the inability to admit they lost.

Funny, liberals are quick to assign insanity to Trump from folks that have never met him in person let alone examined him, but fought tooth and nail to make every excuse in the book when Clinton obviously had a neurological episode caught on film.

Old 05-03-2017, 12:35 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Being that I worked in healthcare for over 20 years I have and your wrong.

I do know and have experienced people who are Narcissist and it describes the personality disorder of the left well... including Hillary. Colleges are rampant with narcissists. The big one for narcissist personalities is the use of threats of violence or actually violence in an attempt to gain control. More narcissist personalities traits below...

- An exaggerated sense of self-importance,
- Expecting unquestioning compliance with your expectations,
- Inability to admit fault.
- Having a sense of entitlement,
- Envious of others,
- Believing that you are superior,
- Behaving in an arrogant or haughty manner,
- An inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others if they don't comply with what you want.
When unable to address an obvious issue, deflect deflect deflect.

Old 05-03-2017, 12:37 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
There's been many a time I have wondered. Apparently there was speculation about Reagan years ago and later it was found he had Alzheimers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies