Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2017, 12:52 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,397,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
That's ridiculous. Not only does it fly in the face of your "I don't want to pay for your insurance" argument, but the quality of care that she could get if she only had Medicaid is much lower and less accessible.
Its the sheer hypocrisy of them.

"If you like your insurance....too bad"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2017, 12:52 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,768,529 times
Quote:
Who's paying $40? I'm certainly not.
Did I say you were, some people are, some people even get free medical while I pay $920 a month. But very convenient of you to ignore the point.

Old 05-04-2017, 12:53 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,799,673 times
Quote:
That's ridiculous. Not only does it fly in the face of your "I don't want to pay for your insurance" argument, but the quality of care that she could get if she only had Medicaid is much lower and less accessible.

WAIT! WHAT?

What have 30M Americans been thrown on in ACA?

It was smoke and mirrors Medicaid expansion, and now because you might have to go on it your whining because your subsidies (OPM) might be at risk?

I guess ACA is awesome for those who weren't forced into Medicaid (like you) and now we understand exactly how people like you view it. Sucks to be those on Medicaid, huh? ACA is fabulous.

How gracious of you!

Old 05-04-2017, 12:53 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,644,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
How many time do you have to be told? If nothing is done, everyone loses their healthcare insurance. And the only reason you support it is because someone else helps pay for your insurance.
lol, and how many times do i have to tell you i don't even know what i pay for insurance. i know i pay a tax for ACA of about 3%. i dont mind as i have said many many times.

Taxes are extremely low overall so why whine about giving a little to ensure everyone is covered. I would really like to see everyone get great coverage, i would like to see a UBI so that employers had to treat employees better. i would like to see and end to employment at will.

and the idea that ACA will die is an outright lie. FL is profitable blue cross made almost half a billion in 2016 there......and if it works there it can work anywhere.

states that fight it and break it is does not work. but that is what they want .

Old 05-04-2017, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
How exactly does this bill address the problem with some markets closing, who said other than the GOP that we will lose all health care.
Obamacare is imploding, it's not working. Something has to be done. Would you rather we wait until it implodes across the country and no one has healthcare and then "wait" for government to fix it?

Democrats wrote a really bad law and just because you get a subsidy you support it even though it's imploding. That's the difference between the better off and the poor, the better off see problems and try to fix it before it happens, the poor wait until all hell breaks loose and then cry for someone else to bail them out.

Old 05-04-2017, 12:55 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,225,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Well then she has to go on Medicaid. Everything is paid for, what's the problem.
?? This new bill guts Medicaid to a great deal.

So many people are excited, either everyone is far richer than I am, or they don't really understand how this will impact everyone. Those making a ton of money will come out of this better than they were, anyone less than $100K and certainly below $30K will have a very rough go at it, higher premiums, less coverage, 30% penalties if you can't afford insurance for a short period of time due to personal circumstances and capping all Medicaid payments. It's sad. Obamacare wasn't perfect, and needed adjusting, but the things this bill does, well many of them are just plain evil!

5,719 posts, read 6,453,074 times
Short-term winners are House Republicans for tossing this hot potato to the Senate

Medium-term winners are House Democrats who can now pin these votes on House Republicans to unseat them

Long-term winners are Republicans since they will force Democrats to re-litigate this toxic issue if/when Democrats regain power

Short, medium, and long-term losers are the American people. This bill does nothing to make heath insurance more affordable or accessible.

13,699 posts, read 9,024,338 times
I would bet dollars to donuts that later today President Trump will say something about how he will sign the passed House bill this evening. His grasp of how Congress works is rather minimal, it appears.

Old 05-04-2017, 12:56 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,151,306 times
Cheer it up while you can. I sincerely hope none of you develop a $5,000,000 bout of cancer (which is estimated to happen for 1 out of 2.5 Americans) that all 10 choices of insurers won't cover because you had broken a bone once when you were 10.

Old 05-04-2017, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
lol, and how many times do i have to tell you i don't even know what i pay for insurance. i know i pay a tax for ACA of about 3%. i dont mind as i have said many many times.

Taxes are extremely low overall so why whine about giving a little to ensure everyone is covered. I would really like to see everyone get great coverage, i would like to see a UBI so that employers had to treat employees better. i would like to see and end to employment at will.

and the idea that ACA will die is an outright lie. FL is profitable blue cross made almost half a billion in 2016 there......and if it works there it can work anywhere.

states that fight it and break it is does not work. but that is what they want .
Paying over $900 a month is "giving a little"? Ba ha ha ... Since it's so little why don't you pay my bill every month?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies