Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 06:07 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times

Advertisements

Looks like the healthcare hot potato is going to be voted to be sent to the senate tomorrow.

House set to vote on GOP Obamacare replacement bill on Thursday

They think they have the votes this time. They've been trying to convince people the senate will fix it. (You know, where their margin is razor thin). LOL. Under the bus Senators. What will they do
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2017, 06:09 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,725,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Looks like the healthcare hot potato is going to be voted to be sent to the senate tomorrow.

House set to vote on GOP Obamacare replacement bill on Thursday

They think they have the votes this time. They've been trying to convince people the senate will fix it. (You know, where their margin is razor thin). LOL. Under the bus Senators. What will they do
And McConnell will pass it with 51 votes and people will start losing their healthcare. Can't wait to see how seniors react when their costs go up 3-5 times.

Old 05-03-2017, 06:20 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
And McConnell will pass it with 51 votes and people will start losing their healthcare. Can't wait to see how seniors react when their costs go up 3-5 times.
AARP has already come out against it. Senators are FAR more likely to vote this down. But we shall see. We shall also see if they can even vote or if the filibuster comes into play as its still not clear this will qualify to be voted under the reconciliation process. If it fails that step....well democrats will kill it via filibuster.

But lets say it does. Senators need to concern themselves with not just the Republicans in their districts. They have a much larger more diverse voting base. I just don't think they will get the votes.

Old 05-03-2017, 06:23 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,809,645 times
They probably didn't want to wait for the CBO score.

Hopefully it doesn't pass in the senate. But nothing would surprise me with this crew.

This is not what trump campaigned on, but that's fine, right?

Old 05-03-2017, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
They probably didn't want to wait for the CBO score.

Hopefully it doesn't pass in the senate. But nothing would surprise me with this crew.

This is not what trump campaigned on, but that's fine, right?
Trump has gone right wing to the max, and I cannot wait to see his supporters pay the price when they get the cost increases or lose coverage. I will not feel one ounce of sympathy for them.

Old 05-03-2017, 06:31 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,809,645 times
Quote:
Trump has gone right wing to the max, and I cannot wait to see his supporters pay the price when they get the cost increases or lose coverage. I will not feel one ounce of sympathy for them.
Yep I'm there now too.

Old 05-03-2017, 06:37 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,499,657 times
Quote:
I didn't support him and I am going to be screwed too. This is awful. I have to money to pay full price for my monthly insurance premium but if they can charge 5x rate for older people, and kick you off if/when you get a preexisting condition, then the policy is going to be much much higher rate than Obamacare and possibly won't be able to get any policy(at any price) if preexisting condition. Death panel for the self employed and for those that retire before age 65 without an employer provided policy. Even for those that were paying full premium themselves with ACA. The price increase and the pre-existing "kick you off" is going to impact a lot of people.

Old 05-03-2017, 06:38 PM

The want to have the vote before the CBO scores it. Classic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
I didn't support him and I am going to be screwed too. This is awful. I have to money to pay full price for my monthly insurance premium but if they can charge 5x rate for older people, and kick you off if/when you get a preexisting condition, then the policy is going to be much much higher rate than Obamacare and possibly won't be able to get any policy(at any price) if preexisting condition. Death panel for the self employed and for those that retire before age 65 without an employer provided policy. Even for those that were paying full premium themselves with ACA. The price increase and the pre-existing "kick you off" is going to impact a lot of people.
A lot of people will be hurt. But to Trump, it doesn't matter as long as he can say he got a win. I'm not sure who is worse, Trump or his supporters but truly, truly, I wish we could split the country.

Old 05-03-2017, 06:42 PM

57,317 posts, read 26,245,816 times
They still have not have not had any serious debate on this in the house, obviously no one wants to carry the torch. This will not pass the senate without major changes but voters will still remember the house members that thought this was a good idea.

Old 05-03-2017, 06:44 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,123,063 times
Well, elections have consequences. All Americans will find that out the hard way. I say let it pass. Trumpcare it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies