Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2017, 01:03 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,545,398 times

Advertisements

Only for the rich.

The rest, 98% of human population, should die in their 30s
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2017, 01:04 PM

5,302 posts, read 2,361,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
LOL you forgot college!!! Can't forget the free college too!!!
Can't forget something as important as food either!

27,307 posts, read 16,257,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Do you consider healthcare a basic human right?
Yes provided you don't make other people pay for your stuff.

In short, take care of your own and not depend on society to take care of you.

554 posts, read 609,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Once every veteran has a roof over their head, the treatments the are owed, and they are fed and have clothes on their backs, then worry about everyone else.
Uh ... NO. I see no reason why veterans should be entitled to a human right in preference to others. In my opinion, veterans already receive too many preferences and favors.

We should have universal health coverage in the United States. Our current system relegates our most vulnerable residents (the poor, the unemployed, the elderly, minorities, immigrants) to the back of the bus, and sometimes forces them off the bus. I'm part of that system, and I'm sick of it. Don't talk to me about "repealing Obamacare" until you see a patient who is in septic shock and on life support because they couldn't afford to see a doctor for an abscess or an abdominal pain.

When will repugnicans realize that universal health coverage will be cheaper in the long run than our current system(s), if only because of the cost savings realized from eliminating the middle man (the insurance industry) from the equation ? If you are against universal health coverage, it's for one reason: you're selfish.

9,617 posts, read 6,077,897 times
No doubt of that. Posting what I did did not, does not deny that. The issue is the cost of treating chronic diseases which are significantly related to lifestyle. Address the mass fat - can't dignify by calling it obesity - issue and the rate of cardiovascular diseases, type 2 diabetes, ambulatory issues, including costly knee and hip replacements, respiratory diseases and other lifestyle diseases decrease. Along with that is a significant drop in 'healthcare' costs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Eventually we all are going to get sick regardless.

Old 05-07-2017, 01:06 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,545,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
Yes, but only in civilized countries. (In Syria for example just being alive is a privilege).
Bottom line: it depends on what kind of society you choose to be.
Exactly.

It is obvious what kind of society USA wants to be.

Old 05-07-2017, 01:07 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,257,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sibelian View Post
Uh ... NO. I see no reason why veterans should be entitled to a human right in preference to others. In my opinion, veterans already receive too many preferences and favors.

We should have universal health coverage in the United States. Our current system relegates our most vulnerable residents (the poor, the unemployed, the elderly, minorities, immigrants) to the back of the bus, and sometimes forces them off the bus. I'm part of that system, and I'm sick of it. Don't talk to me about "repealing Obamacare" until you see a patient who is in septic shock and on life support because they couldn't afford to see a doctor for an abscess or an abdominal pain.

When will repugnicans realize that universal health coverage will be cheaper in the long run than our current system(s), if only because of the cost savings realized from eliminating the middle man (the insurance industry) from the equation ? If you are against universal health coverage, it's for one reason: you're selfish.
Tough. Get a leg shot off and then get back to me about veterans. They earned what they get.

The rest of society can earn their benefits by paying for it. Not expecting me or anyone else to pay for you.

Old 05-07-2017, 01:07 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,961,292 times
Yes. One of the reasons I moved to Canada.

Republicans, Wall Street doesn't want healthcare to be a human right because then they wouldn't be able to profit from it.

Old 05-07-2017, 01:08 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,077,897 times
We can disagree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I agree with you. That doesn't negate the fact that health care is a basic right.

Old 05-07-2017, 01:08 PM

5,302 posts, read 2,361,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Right: anything I want regardless if it forces another person to do something

Did I get it correct?

But it's just...we should just be provided with certain things. I won't say specifically that anyone needs to be FORCED to provide it...it should just BE provided. If you use the passive voice and abstractly say it that way, you don't have to think about the force involved!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies