Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 04:52 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,737,711 times

Advertisements

Sick of ridiculous emergency room bills? If the private hospitals have to compete with free government clinics maybe they will be more reasonable. All the new hospitals and clinics need staff and we can train them here instead of import them. That is the most likely avenue for job creation, not 'green'.

Old 07-15-2009, 05:02 PM

5,475 posts, read 12,240,734 times
According to the Bammer, healthcare is driving up our deficits and preventing our country from economic recovery. Once the Bammer takes care of Obamacare, the country will be humming right along. La la la la puppydogs and rainbows!

Old 07-15-2009, 05:07 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,315,249 times
Quote:
If Obama does it right -
You lost me right there.

Old 07-15-2009, 05:08 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,027,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
Sick of ridiculous emergency room bills? If the private hospitals have to compete with free government clinics maybe they will be more reasonable. All the new hospitals and clinics need staff and we can train them here instead of import them. That is the most likely avenue for job creation, not 'green'.
Free government healthcare? Everything the government does costs more than what the private sector can do it for. I have government contracts to transport military equipment and sometimes I honestly feel guilty on the rate they pay compared to non-government contracts.

But then after all the regulations I have to follow and piles of paper work the guilt goes away.

Old 07-15-2009, 05:17 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,644,965 times
Yes, I find this part of the "plan" very perplexing. Obama says this plan will provide more care and better care for everyone, and it will cost less. How on earth can any of you swallow such a blatant contradiction of reality. It's like saying I can build you a newer, better house and it will be cheaper than the one you have now. This mix of words just doesn't compute, plain and simple.

Also, I keep hearing the words "public option" How can you call a mandatory plan an option? Are any of you asking yourselves these questions too? This is just the latest attempt by our government to take more control of our lives and force us to do what they want. Funny how they really got fired up about healthcare right after they gained a large interest in AIG, one of the largest insurance providers in the world. And hey, wasn't that tax payer money that saved AIG? Well hell, we don't need to be taxed for healthcare. We already own our own insurance multi national. And I don't know about you, but I haven't seen any returns on my investment yet. I guess they can just keep it and pay for any medical costs I have come up.

Oh, and while I am thinking about it, isn't it funny how we are going to be taxed to pay off the stimulus bill that came from our tax money? I didn't know it worked like that. So we allow the government to lend our money to all these corporations and banks to help them out, and then we pay our own money back into the system. Hey, whatever works right.

Old 07-15-2009, 05:20 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,841,798 times
it certainly will lower the price. doctors, prepare to spend 10 years in school, to make $7 an hour. yup, that's gonna happen.

Old 07-15-2009, 05:22 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,745,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post

Ummm who pays better the private sector or public? What new hospitals are you talking about? What government clinics? Now why would we be able to train our own people under this new (fantasy land) version of healthcare rather than our currrent system. You do realize we recruit nurses from all over the world to meet our current demand. Why will people suddenly come running to work in a government run system.

Finally where are we getting this "free" healthcare? the healthcare fairy?

Last edited by shorebaby; 07-15-2009 at 05:31 PM..

Old 07-15-2009, 05:27 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,338,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
According to the Bammer, healthcare is driving up our deficits and preventing our country from economic recovery. Once the Bammer takes care of Obamacare, the country will be humming right along. La la la la puppydogs and rainbows!
I thought a "bammer" was someone from alabama

Old 07-15-2009, 05:31 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,644,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
it certainly will lower the price. doctors, prepare to spend 10 years in school, to make $7 an hour. yup, that's gonna happen.
What will happen is people all over this country, from doctors to carpenters, will just stop caring. They will say to hell with it, and live on the system that has robbed them of their livelihood. We are in the middle of the creation of a total welfare state. Only problem is, someone has to work. I guess the government will just have to enslave us. But oh well, life goes on right.

Old 07-15-2009, 05:37 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,841,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
What will happen is people all over this country, from doctors to carpenters, will just stop caring. They will say to hell with it, and live on the system that has robbed them of their livelihood. We are in the middle of the creation of a total welfare state. Only problem is, someone has to work. I guess the government will just have to enslave us. But oh well, life goes on right.
didn't ayn rand ask that very question 50 years ago? perhaps some people like the idea of everyone having the same. well, I like owning my home. I like my brand new car. I earned the right to have those things. just wait, there will be a federal car program. it's going to keep getting worse before it gets any better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies