Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2017, 05:18 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,093,279 times

Advertisements

I am only wondering if anyone knows this ...

Is there a quota for blacks at Harvard?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2017, 05:32 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,183,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
The African immigrants you speak of have immigrated to the West due to being very intelligent with high IQs and wanting a better life.

Africa as a whole and in general is a hellhole hence the brightest leave it.
Where are the IQ tests of those African immigrants who leave? If people of African origin have such low IQs then so many of them should not be excelling above so many immigrants of various backgrounds and others. Look at Nigerians, for example. Only the Indians and a few others surpass them or are in their league.

Africa is a continent and multiple nations are making significant progress because the brightest have remained...or in other cases, there are so man bright individuals that there are plenty left despite many leaving.

At the end of the day, your IQ tests fail.

Last edited by ReineDeCoeur; 05-09-2017 at 05:41 PM..

Old 05-09-2017, 06:25 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Where are the IQ tests of those African immigrants who leave? If people of African origin have such low IQs then so many of them should not be excelling above so many immigrants of various backgrounds and others. Look at Nigerians, for example. Only the Indians and a few others surpass them or are in their league.

Africa is a continent and multiple nations are making significant progress because the brightest have remained...or in other cases, there are so man bright individuals that there are plenty left despite many leaving.

At the end of the day, your IQ tests fail.
I don't explain the IQ results. Just that the correlation exists. High IQ Africans are the ones that study in the West. It's also no coincidence that they are prone to concentrate in STEM. I never came across a non-native American in my CJ courses. It's a soft science.

Africa is a hellhole. The continent as a whole. Name your most salvageable country and we can look at it together if you want. But high IQ Europeans aren't immigrating to America in bulk because their countries aren't hellholes. If you came here from Finland it has nothing to do with Helsinki being a 3rd world city. You could be an average Joe.

Old 05-09-2017, 07:00 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,457,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
It is difficult for everyone. Many people find that business networks are helpful. Graduate students just starting out in the business world in particular find networking to be a useful business strategy. This is just an opportunity to network.

So, for the first time in Harvard's history there will be a separate graduation ceremony for black students so they can network? LMAO!

No, it's so they can stick together. I get it but I don't think it's a beneficial ceremony.

Yet at the same time we want the nation to treat us as equals, and separate us from the herd of blacks we find bring our reputation down. They also do this at other colleges, and schools. Since when is our skin color a reason to group?

I'm so grateful we aren't grouped by others for the color of our skin that I find it hard to impose this on myself. I think integration provides those perspectives and understanding of backgrounds that are different from our own, it's beneficial to everybody, including white students. These environments promote healthy creativity, are motivating, provide a deeper learning and critical thinking for us. Grouping with those of like mind and problem-solving skills is a benefit. Grouping because of skin color is not a benefit in my opinion.

How is grouping by skin color beneficial? How is having a group based on skin color beneficial? To share our struggles, like Tinawina suggests? Share what it's like to climb through all the prejudice in this nation? What's the benefit of that? Why would I continue to do what I don't want others to do to me?

I rarely if ever mention the color of my skin on here because it doesn't matter. Do I share similarities with other black people? Yes, some, but I can share those anywhere. I don't need a room full of black people at Harvard to have strength. If I made it through Harvard I'd be proud of myself, and not because I'm half black. Being black doesn't make it harder for me to succeed. Damn, I'm so sick of this attitude.

Being poor impacts the ability to succeed more than the color of my skin. That's a fact. The majority of upper class black people don't want anything to do with poor people either, trust me. That's very equal.

Old 05-09-2017, 07:17 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,457,213 times
Quote:
I don't have a people. I'm just me.

I have no recent Asian ancestry (to my knowledge) but I chose to live in one of the highest-concentrated Asian areas in the nation. The low crime, friendliness, and cleanliness are perfect for me. Interests and religion don't really apply to me. The language gap isn't too bad as I've tried to adapt as much as I can.

Of course only certain areas are on the table due to my economic situation (as is the case with all of us). I'd love to be able to afford to live in Malibu or Santa Monica but my wallet won't allow it.
People tend to group out of fear of the unknown, but, getting over that fear is what will rid this nation of it's prejudice. Fear of the unknown is understandable, but should not be encouraged. I love Asian culture myself, and also love to visit areas with high concentrations of that culture but I do think in order to become a nation of immigrants and not just a nation with immigrants we need to integrate more. America is very unique, and we should be proud of this as a nation. We should blend as much as we can and get rid of that fear. We are not a homogeneous country. Pretending to be isn't the same.

After one generation an Asian American is no longer considered Asian anymore than an Irish American is considered Irish when they go to Ireland. We are all just Americans. We are united by a flag, not an accent or a skin color. We are a very unique country.

Old 05-09-2017, 07:45 PM

10,033 posts, read 9,513,888 times
Not surprised, this should only **** off those who say only whites are racist, kind of proves that wrong.

Old 05-09-2017, 07:57 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,715,671 times
A
Quote:
I don't explain the IQ results. Just that the correlation exists. High IQ Africans are the ones that study in the West. It's also no coincidence that they are prone to concentrate in STEM. I never came across a non-native American in my CJ courses. It's a soft science.

Africa is a hellhole. The continent as a whole. Name your most salvageable country and we can look at it together if you want. But high IQ Europeans aren't immigrating to America in bulk because their countries aren't hellholes. If you came here from Finland it has nothing to do with Helsinki being a 3rd world city. You could be an average Joe.
You have to keep in mind that not too long ago Europe was indeed a hell hole.....that is why so many of them fled to the new world. When whites lived only among whites....life for the average white person was sretty phitty. The wealth of other lands and nations were transferred back to Europe via their "colonies" and colonist. European nations became Empires, carving up the globe with their armies and enriching whites. It was the invention of gun powder by the Chinese, and its use in firing projectiles, that gave Europeans a military advantage and allowed them to conquer lands and peoples of non-whites. Of course, when you create massive wealth from such conquest, the corollary is that deep poverty is created in the conquered and pillaged. See Africa.

I do not know if it is high IQ or just simply a high level of ruthlessness and greed, that has created the dichotomy. I do not think the white race is any smarter than the black race......they just took warring to a new level.

Old 05-09-2017, 08:04 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,329,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
So, for the first time in Harvard's history there will be a separate graduation ceremony for black students so they can network? LMAO!

No, it's so they can stick together. I get it but I don't think it's a beneficial ceremony.

Yet at the same time we want the nation to treat us as equals, and separate us from the herd of blacks we find bring our reputation down. They also do this at other colleges, and schools. Since when is our skin color a reason to group?

I'm so grateful we aren't grouped by others for the color of our skin that I find it hard to impose this on myself. I think integration provides those perspectives and understanding of backgrounds that are different from our own, it's beneficial to everybody, including white students. These environments promote healthy creativity, are motivating, provide a deeper learning and critical thinking for us. Grouping with those of like mind and problem-solving skills is a benefit. Grouping because of skin color is not a benefit in my opinion.

How is grouping by skin color beneficial? How is having a group based on skin color beneficial? To share our struggles, like Tinawina suggests? Share what it's like to climb through all the prejudice in this nation? What's the benefit of that? Why would I continue to do what I don't want others to do to me?

I rarely if ever mention the color of my skin on here because it doesn't matter. Do I share similarities with other black people? Yes, some, but I can share those anywhere. I don't need a room full of black people at Harvard to have strength. If I made it through Harvard I'd be proud of myself, and not because I'm half black. Being black doesn't make it harder for me to succeed. Damn, I'm so sick of this attitude.

Being poor impacts the ability to succeed more than the color of my skin. That's a fact. The majority of upper class black people don't want anything to do with poor people either, trust me. That's very equal.
again, they are attending the official ceremony,the "integrated" one. They are also have an un-official privately funded ceremony for blacks to recognize the accomplishment amongst themselves or whomever wants to see a ceremony that focuses on the black aspect of graduating.

Also, we are adults. You should be able to treat a group of people as equals if they choose to separate themselves. Why are you linking participation with equality? Grouping by race is beneficial because sometimes you might go to a 90%+ white college (like I did) and need to just be around somebody of your race sometimes or for that matter you might want to live with somebody with the same race. All kinds of races have their campus groups, this only comes up for blacks. Nobody in this situation is losing anything. Some people are just fake outraging because black people are doing something on their own with white approval. The ceremony would be just like if a group of friends had their own private little party for their friends and family after the official ceremony, people are just mad because "black".

Old 05-09-2017, 10:04 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,914,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
White people have whites only clubs. So what? No one cares.
Uh; putting a "daesh" Muslim Arab, a hard conservative Spanish Catholic, a white German neo nazi, an alt right Jew from Israel and so on in the SAME club is asking for big trouble even tho ALL of their kind are usually of the "white" race.

Old 05-09-2017, 11:43 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,766,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
I am only wondering if anyone knows this ...

Is there a quota for blacks at Harvard?
Harvard had long set aside roughly 8% of it's admission slots for blacks (and 8% for Hispanics). In recent years that's gone up to 12%.
https://bossip.com/947325/race-matte...tino-students/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies