Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 12:14 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,533,552 times

Advertisements

So, in this forum i see "leftie" used as an insult. And i ask: what is wrong with wanting equality and social justice? Why the fact that lefties want to help the less fortunate makes THEM the problem. Isnt the problem the system in where this less fortunate people dont fit? How can the people that want to help be the problem and be used as an insult?

What really bothers you so much about the left? Im really asking for rational explanations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2017, 12:22 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,145,579 times
Wanting to help others isn't macho enough.

Old 05-09-2017, 12:24 PM

5,302 posts, read 2,357,140 times
It's the means of helping people that's the issue, not the goal or the intentions. We don't agree with using the state as a tool to forcefully control and micromanage society...at least for me and some others who share my views.

Old 05-09-2017, 12:25 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
So, in this forum i see "leftie" used as an insult. And i ask: what is wrong with wanting equality and social justice? Why the fact that lefties want to help the less fortunate makes THEM the problem. Isnt the problem the system in where this less fortunate people dont fit? How can the people that want to help be the problem and be used as an insult?

What really bothers you so much about the left? Im really asking for rational explanations.
It's equality and social justice at gunpoint. How is it acceptable to impose violence on non-violent people?

For example, how do you achieve income equality without taking money from one group of people at gunpoint? You can't.

Old 05-09-2017, 12:25 PM

45,235 posts, read 26,464,208 times
The problem with both the left and the right is that they both rely on violence (a.k.a govt) to force their choices on everyone.

Old 05-09-2017, 12:26 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,401,046 times
Quote:

We all want others to do well even us who don't agree with leftist politics. But we see your side often being hypocritical, often the left has a "do as I say not as I do" attitude. We also don't like the control you want over people.

Almost every solution the left has for issues is tax and penalize people into submission. For instance what is the left's solution for global warming?, raise taxes and punish people by jacking up their utility bills. Then there is the fact that that if the left collects a dollar more to fight global warming only 2 cents of that dollar will go to global warming the rest will be spent elsewhere because it is easy to spend other people's money.

Then there is the hypocrisy of the left elite who hide their taxes, and don't care if their utility bills are jacked up because they have the money to spend and while wanting to ban guns for others they exempt themselves .

Old 05-09-2017, 12:28 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times
Quote:

How is it OK to show your compassion by using other people' money? You want refugees? Go spend your own money to sponsor them or go to Syrian to help them.

Old 05-09-2017, 12:34 PM

15,640 posts, read 10,398,506 times
The Far Leftist agenda always boils down to forcing free individuals to do what their 'betters' want because "it is for your own good".

Last edited by texan2yankee; 05-09-2017 at 12:45 PM..

Old 05-09-2017, 12:35 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,196,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
The Far Leftist agenda always boils down to forcing free individuals to do what their 'betters' want done because "it is for our own good".
Like protecting the economy from the idiots who took variable rate mortgages.

Old 05-09-2017, 12:37 PM

778 posts, read 339,631 times
There is nothing "wrong" with left wingers. The ideology that people on the left spectrum of the political scale is wrong. that ideology "Claims" to be about fairness and equality for everyone, but in reality, it is about organizing individuals into specific groups based on certain characteristics, such as color, sex, sexual preference, gender confusion, perceived disability, etc., and defining those groups as victims of other defined groups.

Based on those victim groups, this ideology believes that it is compassionate and justifiable to use the power of the government to grant special privileges to certain defined groups based on the characteristics used to define other groups and based on what the left ideology determines is "enough" for certain groups, or what they define as "privilege" for certain groups.

As a result, the ideology of the left looks nothing like fairness and equality, but more about defining victim groups and oppressing groups and working to enact laws that punish one group in favor of other groups that benefit the left ideology by supporting it politically.

Ultimately, I believe that the ideology of the left is based on emotion and misguided compassion. It sounds noble, but it requires a soft tyranny to implement and those who buy into the ideology overlook that part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies