Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Can Trump nominate a new, impartial FBI director to investigate him now?
Yes 79 29.81%
No 186 70.19%
Voters: 265. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 04:46 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,734,634 times

Advertisements

Trump was never under investigation. The only "coverup" is over Hillary's crimes not being prosecuted. The other coverup is Obama using law enforcement to spy on political enemies.

Last edited by kevinm; 05-10-2017 at 05:15 AM..

Old 05-10-2017, 04:52 AM

1,970 posts, read 2,711,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Trump was never under investigation. The only "coverup" is over Hillary's crimes not being prosecuted.
Ironically, it was Comey who was under investigation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.5cc154441a1a

Old 05-10-2017, 04:53 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,850,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
So, back during Watergate, there was some thought that if nixon had simply said something like "yes, I did it, I knew about it, and I did it for the good of the country", he wouldn't have ended up having to step down to avoid impeachment.

So, if trump had simply said "I understand that there is some concern that my campaign people may have worked too closely with the russians, and I will cooperate fully with the investigation" that this whole thing would be over with, and trump would have to accept the results, whichever way they fell. But, no... he just can't do that, his persecution complex won't let him.
I suspect that if he could cooperate with the investigation, he would have done so. Clear his good name and all.

But to go against the Kremlin might be a disaster for Trump. Not only are many of his investors involved in Russian money laundering, but the Kremlin has the capability to run a social media campaign that would ruin the Trump brand.

What if the Kremlin did a micro-targeted social media campaign about the health dept. violations at Mar-a-Lago, the investors that got ripped off in Toronto, the foreign sweatshops that make Ivanka's fashions, the Kushner family selling visas for investments, ... or even just made up stuff?

7,982 posts, read 4,292,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Can't help but wonder whose boneheaded idea it was to claim Comey was fired for improper conduct that helped tip the election to Trump.
Maybe the same man-child who decided to add "Even though you exonerated me three times, you're fired!"

15,154 posts, read 11,632,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
How come so many Democrats completely ignore that Comey recently said that he has seen zero - ZERO - evidence that Trump colluded with Russia?

How come it is ignored that Clapper has said the same thing....he has seen zero evidence of Trump-Russian collusion?

How come it is now magically ignored that some Democrats were saying that Comey was in Trump's pocket - that is if you keep track of the Democratic conspiracy theories as they fly by? If Comey has any dirt, I guess he will spill it now.

How come so many Democrats are ignoring that many Democrats were saying Comey shouldn't keep his job and are now angry that Trump gave them what they wanted? Has Trump made the left completely irrational?

How come so many Democrats ignore that Russia opposed Hillary for many reasons and would have likely supported any Republican?

Democrats ignore that Hillary likely would have kept the Obama-Bush Doctrine of creating power vacuums in the most unstable region on Earth and then passing out free weapons to everyone, which arms terrorists like ISIS. Russia cannot have this as they want to secure their warm water port in Syria with Assad. Hillary was guaranteed to keep the Obama-Bush doctrine, whereas Trump might not.

Democrats ignore that there is evidence that Russia tried to hack the GOP, but weren't able to get deep into anything, as the Republicans didn't have utter morons like the Democrats who fell for phishing scams. Podesta is an idiot.
Sadly, the DNC is full of USEFUL IDIOTS. They are little more than brainwashed sheep who get their news from morons like Trevor Noah and Stevie Colbert. They are kept on the plantation by being threatened with ostraczation if they dare speak out.

9,267 posts, read 5,125,155 times
Liberals are funny. They actually think they are having an impact!

Old 05-10-2017, 04:54 AM

5,862 posts, read 3,302,153 times
Yawn.......this is going nowhere. You can take off the tin foil hat now.

Old 05-10-2017, 04:56 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,322,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
That is funny. There were some Democrats implying that Comey was in Trump's pocket - it looks like that conspiracy theory was shattered so on to the next conspiracy theory!

The fact is that Comey had no faith from either party. Hillary has repeatedly said that Comey (along with sexism and Russia) cost her the election. Other democrats have repeated such claims.

Comey should have been fired.

The only issue is that Trump needs to pick an FBI director that Democrats feel comfortable with - as the Democrats are still working on the conspiracy theory that there was collusion between Trump and Russia. Of course Democrat conspiracy theorists ignore Clapper saying that he has seen zero evidence of this and that Russia had every reason to oppose Hillary regardless of who her opponent was as Hillary was most likely to continue the Obama-Bush doctrine of creating power vacuums in Middle East and then repeatedly arming moderate rebels (read terrorists like ISIS). Russia must protect its warm water port in Syria and they can't do that with Hillary insisting Assad must go and that ISIS (err moderate rebels) must be armed.
Dumbocrats will likely not be happy with whoever he picks. That's been their M.O. since his election. They manufacture reasons to not accept anyone he nominates for anything. I cannot think of one person that they haven't found reason to be against. This is their strategy.

Strangely, the Dumbocrats think that all this 'resistance' will get their power back in 2018, and the White House in 2020. Very doubtful. They haven't changed their thinking on anything, which is why Trump won in the first place. "It's your politics, stupid," we might say. They just don't 'get it.'

I vote for Trey Gowdy for FBI Director (but that's bound to make the Dumbocrats absolutely come unglued).

Old 05-10-2017, 04:57 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,525,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
When was Jeff Sessions an Obama appointee? Do tell.

How can you compare this with the firing of Comey today during an ongoing investigation? Using your own words, William Sessions was fired over ethics violations and was under investigation by Bush #41. He was also given the opportunity to resign. Did you see how Comey learned about his termination?

When are we ever going to have a discussion on this forum without Obama or one of the Clintons being mentioned?
Just Nancy, I was only stating that a FBI Director had been fired before, because certain people and the media will blow it out of proportion like this has never happened before.

I
I too get frustratd when other Presidents get brought into certain threads.
It just so happens Clinton had fired one.

Old 05-10-2017, 04:57 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times
It's clear to everyone but the kool-aid quaffers that tRump is crooked as a dog's hind leg.

"Move along. There's nothing to see here!"

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies