Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2017, 06:31 AM

24,439 posts, read 23,103,140 times

Advertisements

I think that she boon that put him up to it needs to be charged as well. And throw those kids that stayed to help the woman a pizza party or something.

Old 05-13-2017, 06:33 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,911,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
i'm not downplaying it. Yall want this kids life to be permanently ruined over this. He got sentenced and it actually fit the crime.
I would rep you if I could. Yes, the kid screwed up.

Old 05-13-2017, 06:51 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,517,107 times
Quote:
i'm not downplaying it. Yall want this kids life to be permanently ruined over this. He got sentenced and it actually fit the crime. Yall keep trying to make it about "culture" or "Street cred" meaning you want to include unrelated black people. Again, you bordering on fake outrage. You're acting as if he killed her. Calm down. Stop taking it personal like it happened to you. Who hurt you?
He hasn't been sentenced. He still faces charges, I think it's battery upon a person age 65 or older, a felony. Unless the teen has a history of trouble with the law, he'll plead to a misdemeanor and I'll bet the victim will be ok with him not having a felony record.

Old 05-13-2017, 07:52 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,891,271 times
Quote:
i'm not downplaying it. Yall want this kids life to be permanently ruined over this. He got sentenced and it actually fit the crime. Yall keep trying to make it about "culture" or "Street cred" meaning you want to include unrelated black people. Again, you bordering on fake outrage. You're acting as if he killed her. Calm down. Stop taking it personal like it happened to you. Who hurt you?
Slamming an elderly woman on the concrete and immediately throwing her into the pool COULD have killed her! That doesn't deserve just a slap on the wrist. It doesn't matter that it didn't happen to anyone here personally; most people here in good conscience know that most teens should know that is wrong.

"Yall" need to stop chalking everything up to just being a teen. I could care less what race he is; it was a dumb thing to do and he should be charged to the fullest.

Last edited by personone; 05-13-2017 at 08:09 AM.. Reason: "Charged" not "changed"- IPhone autocorrect ;)

Old 05-13-2017, 07:57 AM

6,394 posts, read 4,121,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Slamming an elderly woman on the concrete and immediately throwing her into the pool COULD have killed her! That doesn't deserve just a slap on the wrist. It doesn't matter that it didn't happen to anyone here personally; most people here in good conscience know that most teens should know that is wrong.

"Yall" need to stop chalking everything up to just being a teen. I could care less what race he is; it was a dumb thing to do and he should be changed to the fullest.
I am all for 2nd chances. In fact, if you search my post history, you will find I'm the first to argue for second chances.

But I draw the line where people are intentionally hurt.

Today he's body slamming and throwing old women into water. Tomorrow, he's going to rape and murder. He has already proven that he is incapable of seeing how other people are hurt. What makes anyone think he will stop at body slamming old women?

This is not a teen thing. No teen I know would do this. They actually respect their elders. This guy is at least a sociopath.

Old 05-13-2017, 08:14 AM

25,852 posts, read 18,882,275 times
Being a teen? Some of you folks are really precious. When did "being a teen" become synonymous with "being an animal" or "being a sociopath" or "being a criminal"?

Old 05-13-2017, 08:29 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,758,236 times
Quote:
-he did it because some girl he liked told him to do it, you can hear her in the video. He didn't do it to be "gangsta". You're connecting dots that aren't there. And you know you were. Notice how all the kids that knew it was wrong ran and didn't want to be associated with it? I swear, people come up with all kinds of theories and Hollywood versions reality.

The sentencing isn't normal to some, because for once they didn't completely ********** kid out of have a real future. Some of you wanted his entire life to be screwed over this. The sentence was perfect. You can't go off of "what ifs".
He should have been lynched.

Old 05-13-2017, 08:31 AM

Quote:
you can here the girl in the video, tell him to do it. But I don't disagree with what you're saying. I just disagree with the "street-cred" allegation.
Maybe clean up your culture then people won't perceive black teens as thugs.

Old 05-13-2017, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyblythe View Post
The kid should be sentenced to sit 20 hours per week for the summer near the triage desk at the ambulance entrance of a regional medical center emergency room. He would see a wide range of the ill and injured. Car accidents, gun shot wounds, stabbings, fall victims, drowning victims, etc., etc.

You can't always teach compassion or good judgment where there isn't a foundation for it. But you can often get someone's attention and make a little headway with an exposure like this. A good natural consequence for thoughtlessly endangering the older woman--- and his own future.

A bonus would likely be seeing prisoners coming through in their jump suits, hand cuffs and, often leg chains, accompanied by law enforcement. There's not as much swagger or bravado in the ER. Some potentially good life lessons to be learned by being a fly on the wall there. Leaves an impression.

Pair such an experience with "how did your day go?" meetings with a responsible, concerned adult and the kid might benefit.
Good parenting goes a long way.

Old 05-13-2017, 08:39 AM

Quote:
I have seen both angles. In one, you hear the girl telling him to do it. So on some level it was about impressing some girl. A teenage boy doing something stupid to impress a girl...I know that's a first and its shocking, but yes. It's that simple. You keep trying to blow this one incident up into "thug culture" in an attempt to link other people to it. Do you not understand why this is silly to do? It comes off as you just wanting to crap on black people via one incident. If the same exact incident happened with a white kid would you be talking about gangs, street cred, and thug culture? This is why I said people try to pluralize this into "well their thug culture"...like wanting to make all kinds of unrelated people responsible.

Calm down. The boy has been caught and sentenced. Stop with the theatrics now. It's cresting over into fake outrage. He didn't do this to you! Stop acting like your feelings are hurt personally.
You mean like accusing all white people alive today for slavery, if so, then yes we understand. One reaps what one sows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies