Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2017, 11:52 AM

4,314 posts, read 3,998,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Yes, technically, they are "kids", but teens can often be much taller, much larger, much stronger than adults...especially little old ladies.

Yes, our soceity is lost. It's been lost. There's a lot of people who pretend it's not, there's a lot of people who insult you when you say that it's lost, but we can not have an expectation of dealing with each other without injury anymore. We can't go to a rally without being attacked. We can't wear certain clothing without being attacked. We can't drive down the road without being attacked. We can't say things without being attacked, etc. We do not live in a decent society anymore, and despite what the German thinks of me on this forum, the very reason is because our society will not tell the truth. It "offends" people to tell the truth.

So here's reality. It is your responsibility not to put yourself in to situations that you cannot handle if they go badly...as many of them do when you have a crowd of people who clearly do not give one spit about the rules. How many teens were there? Do you understand how groups act when they have a lot of others in their group around them?

Instead of living in "we shouldn't have to deal with this", which no longer exists, we have to face reality and protect ourselves. We have to make those decisions because the powers that be don't give a damn. Clearly.

I should be able to ask my neighbor to turn his music down without being verbally threatened. But that's not reality.

I should be able to ask my neighbor to stop banging around on the walls and screaming at the top of his lungs while he plays video games at 11 o'clock at night. But that's not reality.

I should be able to drive down the road without someone getting all huffy if they think I'm going too slow, and they tailgate me with their highbeams on instead of passing when they have plenty of opportunity to do so.

I should be able to drive down the road faster than some other cars without someone getting all huffy and speeding up when I pass them.

I should be able to tell someone that something they're doing is wrong without them threatening me or physically attacking me (latter has not happened because I know the boundaries...and despite what 'should' happen, that doesn't help me if I'm in the hospital or dead now does it?)

But it's not reality.

She should not have put herself in that situation. That does not mean, again, and again, that the little punk that threw her in to the pool gets a pass. I've said. Repeatedly. It does mean that it's time for people to wake the hell up and realize that our society hasn't been nice for awhile. You're going to get yourself hurt or killed, sometimes for even less than asking someone to turn their music down, if you put yourself in to a situation that you cannot handle if it goes bad.

As tinytrump said, you need to know where you are and what you're dealing with.

I agree with this. When I would get grounded as a teen, (not for physical altercations, I don't hit or assault people...it was for my smart ass comments towards teachers more than anything...something that I'm sure the people of CD are so surprised to hear), I got everything taken away except school, go home to my room, and we had to go to church on Sundays. Everything was taken out of my room that might bring joy except books, because books are education. I was not allowed to go skiing if it was winter, not allowed to go to track practice or b-ball practice if during the school year despite my "team" relying on me, and I was not allowed to go to swim team practice OR races if it was in the summer. I didn't get phone calls, I didn't get to watch tv, I didn't get to play on the computer, I didn't get to listen to music...it was all gone.

Didn't teach me to respect authority without question, but it did keep me from boldly telling the teacher exactly what I thought about them for awhile after each time.

( 4th to last paragraph )....this relates to being in the right

on an Irish man's tombstone.........

"Here in this grave lies Mike O'Day. who died maintaining his right of way "
"His right was clear, his will was strong"
"But he's just as dead as if he'd been wrong "

Old 05-12-2017, 12:01 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
It was stupid. He needs a slap on the wrist. Teens throw eachother into pools all the time. He forgot the boundaries.

It sure ain't horrifying.
He didn't throw a teen into the pool. He picked up a lady that was on the board of directors of the establishment, dropped her on the cement, then picked her up and threw her in the pool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the searchers View Post
Anyone who accepts the behavior seen on the tape is trying to justify animal behavior.
Obviously, we are not in the best company here. Grabbing her at all was an issue, then dropping her on the cement, picking her up and throwing her in the pool.............. What kind of a person thinks that is OK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Yes. The wrong way to express himself. She went up to them because they were having an out of control pool party, and wanting her to shut up, he chose to grab her and throw her in to the pool. The correct way to express himself would have been to have a discussion with her.

If people consider this "horrifying", I am amazed at what sheltered lives they've led. There's many things in this world that are horrifying. This was not one of them.

And if you can't swim, why be anywhere near a pool...doesn't matter if you didn't expect to find yourself there, don't go near the water if you don't know how to get out of it.

Not all dogs will attack. My boy dog would. My girl dog would probably follow the crowd home because she would find their activity and energy level to be appealing.
I hope you realzie that you can't just go up and grab someone like that. You missed where he dropped her on the cement and rolled her, picking her up again and throwing her in the pool?

It is criminal. Criminal is horrifying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeriously View Post
I can't swim so yes it would be horrifying not to mention he threw her down to the cement before dragging her to the pool.
Which means, if she could swim, she may have had an injury that would have prevented it after being dropped and rolled on the cement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
How do none of you people know how to swim? It's an important life skill.
Seriously, that is the issue you see here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Some ran and some stayed and helped her out- but to me the woman was WRONG_ leave people alone!!!- she is a CONTROL FREAK- go away-
sorry got dunked but the teen did turn himself in and did not realize he hurt her- I do not agree on either action ...but old foggies please shut up already--
Do you have a link for that? She was asking them to turn the music down, it was a public place and I am sure there were rules and complaints to management. I realize that liberals don't think that rules apply to them, but enforcing rules in the real world doesn't make one a "control freak". Really justifying the attack makes one just as guilty to me.

She was grabbed, arms locked around her, dropped on the cement, picked up and thrown in the pool while other members of the group laughed and cheered.

I hope you truly don't mean what you have posted, or you have a long road ahead of you and it won't be all roses either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Maybe- if she was only wet-- there may not be concern to file any charges- no bodily harm--
Grabbed and held against her will? Dropped on the cement? Thrown into a pool? Yeah, there will be charges and should be. Assault fits: Public Legal Education Association - Legal Resources

http://heavy.com/news/2017/05/elderl...ic-dogs-viral/

Old 05-12-2017, 12:03 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,696,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
The kid looked like he was a can short of a six pack or short about 20 IQ points of triple digits. What he did was stupid and thoughtless and had a degree of violence. But you could say he wasn't aware that what he was doing was violent and assault. That's IF he is developmentally challenged. If he isn't then he should have known better and it gets raised to assault. He should plead guilty but retarded.
Having him spend a few hot summer months picking up trash along the roadsides and doing yard work and maintenance for the community would be okay. Plus ban him for a few years from the pool.
That is nonsense.
The entire group was involved in the scene and encouraged the thug that assaulted the woman and threw her in the pool. Making him some kind of victim is total nonsense.

Old 05-12-2017, 12:04 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
I don't know if this has been posted yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m72YV-n5_pM

This is a must watch!

Old 05-12-2017, 12:07 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,138,284 times
Imagine the airplay had the a..ahem,, races been reversed.

Old 05-12-2017, 12:53 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,696,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I don't know if this has been posted yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m72YV-n5_pM

This is a must watch!
Thanks, that is better than the one I posted earlier.

Old 05-12-2017, 01:03 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,328,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
No it won't. That's nothing. With only 21 days home detention, he is now the badass gangsta ***** of the area. This will encourage other young men to do the same to prove themselves. The sentence in this case is encouraging a thug culture.

But whatever. I'm sure I'll be labeled a racist for pointing out the bleeding obvious here. The guy was doing it to get negative attention and to prove to his gangsta buddies that he's a badasd. They're probably laughing their butts off right now.
-he did it because some girl he liked told him to do it, you can hear her in the video. He didn't do it to be "gangsta". You're connecting dots that aren't there. And you know you were. Notice how all the kids that knew it was wrong ran and didn't want to be associated with it? I swear, people come up with all kinds of theories and Hollywood versions reality.

The sentencing isn't normal to some, because for once they didn't completely ********** kid out of have a real future. Some of you wanted his entire life to be screwed over this. The sentence was perfect. You can't go off of "what ifs".

Old 05-12-2017, 01:30 PM

36,530 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
-he did it because some girl he liked told him to do it, you can hear her in the video. He didn't do it to be "gangsta". You're connecting dots that aren't there. And you know you were. Notice how all the kids that knew it was wrong ran and didn't want to be associated with it? I swear, people come up with all kinds of theories and Hollywood versions reality.

The sentencing isn't normal to some, because for once they didn't completely ********** kid out of have a real future. Some of you wanted his entire life to be screwed over this. The sentence was perfect. You can't go off of "what ifs".
You dont know why he did it either. Probably a combination of things, being a teenager one of them.
While I find his behavior deplorable I agree the battery charge seems fair as these "what ifs" never happened. I imagine he will likely get probation, some fines and community service. And there is a probability the victim could sue in civil court for medical costs.

Old 05-12-2017, 02:18 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,328,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
You dont know why he did it either. Probably a combination of things, being a teenager one of them.
While I find his behavior deplorable I agree the battery charge seems fair as these "what ifs" never happened. I imagine he will likely get probation, some fines and community service. And there is a probability the victim could sue in civil court for medical costs.

you can here the girl in the video, tell him to do it. But I don't disagree with what you're saying. I just disagree with the "street-cred" allegation.

Old 05-12-2017, 02:23 PM

36,530 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
you can here the girl in the video, tell him to do it. But I don't disagree with what you're saying. I just disagree with the "street-cred" allegation.
Just because she said it does not mean that's why he did it. But then it very well could be. Teenage boys and their hormones. Those hormones often seem to negate critical thinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies