Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2017, 05:14 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,453,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.2ce9c4b6bb2d

So, story turns out to be a dud, but a dud with serious potential consequences based on the hysterical media and leftist (often one in the same) narrative being pushed.
Or...it's damage control time

Old 05-15-2017, 05:14 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,840,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Funny that the Leftists get all worked up about this unverified story from an "unnamed source" but have! no problem with Hillary's mishandling of classified information on an unsecured server, which undoubtedly put our nation at risk, and may have been the cause of the 4 Americans that died in Benghazi! And who knows what other harm was caused by her carlessness?
I didn't vote for Hillary because of that. Would she be better than Trump? Certainly things would run smoother but I don't think she would be any more trustworthy. I voted third party because I was left with no choices that I could morally vote for.

Old 05-15-2017, 05:15 PM

40,976 posts, read 49,320,047 times
The President of the US can share any information he deems appropriate to any Nation.

He broke no laws.

8,502 posts, read 3,360,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
That ISN'T what I said. Reading comprehension for the win.

I said it is legal. I did not say it wasn't a problem.
We're about to board a plane for Europe, flying home thru Frankfurt.

Quote:
According to the Post, Trump described details to Lavrov and Kislyak about how ISIS hopes to use laptop computers as bombs on planes.
I could care less what is legal. What matters is not having an idiot President whose need for bragging overcomes his ability to control his mind and mouth with unknown fallout.

Wonder if the source providing intel about ISIS plans will continue to do so?

Thanks, Donald. You're a real stand-up kind of guy.

Stupid, stupid, stupid - with many more days to come.

Very sad.

3,519 posts, read 2,827,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Funny that the Leftists get all worked up about this unverified story from an "unnamed source" but have! no problem with Hillary's mishandling of classified information on an unsecured server, which undoubtedly put our nation at risk, and may have been the cause of the 4 Americans that died in Benghazi! And who knows what other harm was caused by her carlessness?
Deflect.

"mishandling of classified information on an unsecured server" was not proven to put our nation at risk. Undoubtedly you are bringing up Benghazi as another deflection since how many investigations, 7 I think it was, found nothing. Can we have 7 investigations in Trump and his team's Russia connections?

Old 05-15-2017, 05:16 PM

11,126 posts, read 5,614,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Oh boy. Well, this explains why no US press corps was allowed in the Oval Office that day. Only the Russian news media.

Well, Putin paid for the guy, and he's delivering.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.f6023c12d724

If the Russians didn't regard Trump as a fool before, they certainly do now. The NSA needs to assign a squad of handlers, to accompany Trump everywhere and not allow him to speak, until they've cleared his words as containing no information harmful to our country or our allies.

14,268 posts, read 18,973,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post

So, story turns out to be a dud, but a dud with serious potential consequences based on the hysterical media and leftist (often one in the same) narrative being pushed.
No, it's not a "dud." First of all, since only the Russian media was allowed in that meeting, how would we know? This is why we need a Free Press.

I just listened to McMaster on TV and he actually didn't deny what was reported in the Washington Post, but used words to circumvent the issue.

Trump surrogates will always defend the president, of course. I wouldn't expect any of his staff to criticize him openly, especially to the media.

33,942 posts, read 22,587,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
McMasters just said no sources and methods were revealed. But the WaPo said Trump revealed classified information, not sources and methods.
Nice PR move. Deny what WASN'T said.

21,989 posts, read 15,755,561 times
So who does Trump blame when there's no one to blame but himself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
If the Russians didn't regard Trump as a fool before, they certainly do now.
It feels like they've been running the show for a while. I've never seen Trump smile as enthusiastically at his wife as he did with those Russians at that meeting. And was the info revealed accidentally? How do we know anymore?

Old 05-15-2017, 05:17 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,929,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
So who does Trump blame when there's no one to blame but himself?
Most of Trump's scandals are of his own making. They're usually just about the words he uses or the actions he takes.

He'll find someone else to blame, as he usually does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies