Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is there a coup attempt against Trump?
Yes, the media and permanent bureaucrats are working to illegitimately remove Trump from office. 75 51.37%
No, this is normal politics. 71 48.63%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 07:12 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Are we seeing a coup attempt against Trump?
It helps to understand what a coup is.

Coup = a sudden, violent, and illegal seizure of power from a government.

So, not, it is obviously not a coup.

If this is a coup attempt, then there was a 8 year long, and yet unsuccessful, coup attempt against Obama orchestrated by FOX, and GOP and right wing talk shows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2017, 07:13 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
If there was actual evidence of trump doing something corrupt, then that's one thing. But I haven't seen anything concrete. It's all been anonymous reports and innuendo so far.
Have you spoken the FBI? I didn't think so.

You should be happy with the idea of a special prosecutor. It will take some of the speculation and innuendo away.

Old 05-18-2017, 07:18 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,286,513 times
It's so bizarre in Washington right now I couldn't call it a coup. This is just a continuation of what was beginning to be evident when he was running for POTUS. The right were clamoring for him because of the deep change he represented in their eyes. The left was scurrying and panicking to do anything they could to not have him win.

We all know the result. So now 100+ days in, what are we seeing? We're seeing a government in disarray IMHO. The left continues to push against Trump, and the right doesn't really know what to do with a leader that just doesn't do things like a typical politician would.

At the end of the day, despite some like the OP who could believe it's a coup or the world against Trump, if it all comes crumbling down for Trump he'll have only one place to look for the cause - a mirror.

Old 05-18-2017, 07:21 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,111,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Do you agree that we are seeing is a coup attempt or is this politics as usual?
Neither.

I think our president is in over his head, has absolutely no idea what he's doing, and is putting our country in danger by leaking highly classified information to the Russians and intentionally trying to obstruct an FBI investigation.

Old 05-18-2017, 07:21 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Have you spoken the FBI? I didn't think so.

You should be happy with the idea of a special prosecutor. It will take some of the speculation and innuendo away.
This guy isn't a prosecutor. Keep up the spin.
He is basically a private investigator, hired by the DOJ.
Bet you didn't know. Mueller's law partner is Manafort's lawyer. LOL!!! You are getting trolled again and are clueless. Squirrel!
Keep chasing your tails.

Old 05-18-2017, 07:24 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
They the democrats, are accusing Trump and his campaign, of everything they were doing and did.
If they accuse Trump of anything, they already did it and want to take the focus off their crimes.

Old 05-18-2017, 07:24 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
"Are we seeing a coup attempt against Trump?"

A. Yes, the media and permanent bureaucrats are working to illegitimately remove Trump from office.

B. No, this is normal politics.

OP's poll is flawed. A. isn't right, because a coup suggests that an illegal overthrow of government is taking place. That is not the case. A very legal investigation is occurring, and if Trump is found guilty of a prosecutable offense, he will be removed from office via legal means. B. isn't correct either, because what's going on now is not normal politics at all. We have never had so much drama and scandal this early in any presidency. Trump's term in office has been marked by one problem, scandal, and lie after another, and his poor staff has to deal with the results of his brash actions.

Old 05-18-2017, 07:25 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
Please don't vote again. Your so irresponsible with your vote you can't admit your candidate is a crazy liar, who did all the demage himself. Trump is everything the far right accused HRC of being. Karma ain't just a stripper.
My vote sent a message.
What else was I supposed to do? Vote for Hillary? I'd rather drink bleach.

Old 05-18-2017, 07:36 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,701,333 times
Well, considering that a coup (and the actual term for a political coup is "coup d'etat") is usually sudden... this should be the slowest-moving coup in history. Since it is usually illegal, they really wouldn't have needed to do the special prosecutor, either. And, lastly, since removing trump wouldn't result in a change in government - the Rs would still be the majority - I think no, it is not a coup.

coup d'état

[koo dey-tah; French koo dey-ta]

See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
noun, plural coups d'état
[koo dey-tahz; French koo dey-ta] (Show IPA) 1. a sudden and decisive action in politics, especially one resulting in a change of government illegally or by force.

Coup d'état | Define Coup d'état at Dictionary.com

Old 05-18-2017, 07:40 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,701,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
100% agree. And I can tell you this.....if he is removed, you will see two things happen. First - violence in the streets, at least in some areas. It won't be me, but plenty of others will go violent. You know, like the left did after Hillary's dream was crushed. Second, you will see people step away from the voting process for good. That will be me.....I won't play their little game from now on, when election day rolls around. Screw them.
Hmmmm... I think we can live with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies