Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 07:17 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,907,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
Obstruction of justice and the Emolument Act? Those don't count? Surely asking the FBI to stop investigating him is shady. If he is 100% innocent, why not let it play out?

Don't YOU believe in the Constitution?
Charlygal, that's a cute post. Liberals play to win----principles don't enter into it. This is pure, raw politics. Your notion of Truth will be a moot point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2017, 08:11 PM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,664,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
We'll suspend that law considering the flagrant injustice the leftists fascists are attempting with this coup attempt.
I think you might be overestimating the power of your "We" segment, if you thing that it would be able to arbitrarily suspend laws as you wish. There may not be as many "We" as you think who would be up for that.

Old 05-18-2017, 08:28 PM

346 posts, read 464,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Trump is not going anywhere. Impeachment is a very high bar and there's no good reason to think it justifiable in the foreseeable future. Being a juvenile, incompetent loser is not sufficient grounds for impeachment.
But Section 4 of the 25th Amendment will probably do the trick instead.

Old 05-18-2017, 08:53 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,907,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
People are going to be so sick of hearing him whine, whine, whine about how 'unfairly' he's treated.

Poor me, poor me, poor me. Being president is so unfair.

Life is so unfair...to billionaires.

I find it very difficult to believe that even his supporters aren't sick of hearing him whine and cry about his lot in life.

Seriously. When is the cult going to tell him to get a grip and put on his big-boy pants? Do they really not care about this incessant whining and wallowing in self-pity?
I am a Trump "supporter".....does my OP sound like "whining" to you??? lol
In fact, it is the exact opposite: it's acceptance of his destruction and seeing the copious good in it---in fact, its NECESSITY.
I know that DJT doesn't like what's happening---can't say I blame him. But far bigger forces and issues than just him are at play.
I mean this for more than just the Trump impeachment issue of the day: life has truly become blood sport for the left, the lamestream media, and the Deep State. They play to win---no holds barred. More than being whiny about that, I am jealous of it. Our side just isn't even serious at all. So---let it all burn down; lets see about a Phoenix thing. You never know.

Old 05-19-2017, 06:27 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,297,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Lol. Even McCain thought it was funny. Guess it is all about one's perspective.

"After President Trump complained yet again of being treated unfairly, particularly by the press, Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., jabbed him in an interview Thursday.

“Well, first of all, I’ve been worse treated than President Trump has, let’s make sure that we know about that,†McCain said lightly during an appearance on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.â€

The senator was referring to his five-year-plus ordeal as a prisoner of war. Memorably, Trump questioned McCain’s heroism during the campaign when he declared, “I like people who weren’t captured.â€

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mccain-ri...151914921.html
I dunno.

Remember Trump's "personal Vietnam". He successfully avoided STDs from those deadly Vietnamese agents in NYC.

Old 05-19-2017, 06:35 AM

24,417 posts, read 23,076,143 times
They can't impeach him but they can worry him to death and cripple his Presidency. Of course, he could counter by exposing his enemies and they'd go down like a house of cards.

Old 05-19-2017, 06:58 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,847,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt _farmer View Post
But Section 4 of the 25th Amendment will probably do the trick instead.
Please, make it sooner than later. When he gave the commencement speech and whined and said to hold your head down......what?? I thought you were supposed to hold your head up. Be proud of who you are and move forward through animosity; he could do good, but he is not made of the right stuff. His Dad forgot a few life lessons. Too busy throwing money at the baby Trump.

I think John Kennedy, Lincoln and others would disagree about being treated "unfairly." I am so sick of his victim playing, and blaming everyone else for his problems.

Give us a huge break, "Mr. President," resign, for the good of the USA!!!!!!

Maybe, Air Force One, could make a pit stop and drop him off in Russia, the country he admires, instead of his own country. Our country is not so bad. It will be better, once he gets his greasy fingers out of here.

Old 05-19-2017, 07:09 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,273,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
There is not going to be any impeachment because Trump has not broken any law. Stop listening to the lies from the left.

If it had happened, it wouldn't send the message that you think it would send.
Alan Dershowitz is a very well known and highly respected Criminal Attorney & and well known Liberal. He is not at all happy that they called in Mueller or any "Special Counsel". He agrees with Lindsey Graham (also a well known Lawyer) that this is likely a Criminal Investigation -- BUT not a Criminal Investigation of Donald Trump. According to Dershowitz, there is no evidence or even indication of a Crime committed by President Trump and "crime" is not the "TRUTH" the Left is interested in. They are looking for a "Truth" that will force Trump out of office and stop his Reform, Tax & Jobs Agenda. Dershowitz explains why each of the allegations put forward by the Leftists and the Media are NOT "Criminal" and what he fears the Special Counsel is going to do. There is really only one "Crime" we are sure of .... the LEAKS.

OPINION: A special counsel is the wrong way to uncover the truth |The Hill - 5/18/17

It would be ironic if the only indictment resulting from the special counsel's investigation was of the intelligence officials who unlawfully leaked classified information.

Remember that old saying -- "Be careful about what you wish for - you just might get it".
They screamed for months for a "Special Prosecutor" (probably used the word "prosecutor" because it sounds more ominous) and now the US Department of Justice has appointed the Special Counsel to do their "investigation".

The smart ones have already worked out that the Special Counsel will investigate for Crime, so the Leftists want to move the Goal Post to achieve their interests .... which is the nullify the 2016 Election of Donald Trump.

Old 05-19-2017, 07:26 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,943,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Love Trump, have been behind him since late 2015.
I find very little fault with his job to date......a bit, but not bad overall.
That said, he's toast. And the funny thing is, I think I always knew it would happen just like this. And it is something that NEEDS to happen, so I don't feel bad at all. Just as we needed him to win the nomination (bringing some light on the cockroaches in the process), so this process of impeachment and removal needs to happen. We need a "cleansing" of the GOP and our system in general, and the destruction of the Trump administration is certainly going to accomplish that in the long run. (But not in the way the leftists think........lol).
Goodbye, Good Old Boys and Girls Club of the Establishment Elite. Goodbye, lamestream media. Goodbye, Republican flunkies. You are going to regret this, but you're too dumb to see that now......lol

Bring it on....the faster the better (I hope he's out by June).
You are way too easy to sway......a few short months and you are ready to give up! I guess you would be giving Dems EXACTLY what they want........not a chance! Why not ask Dems to stop with the hate of Trump and accept they lost and lets get to work!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Will he even live that long?
Be careful what you wish for, we may have to force in Ted Nugent.....

Old 05-19-2017, 07:31 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,455,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
I am a Trump "supporter".....does my OP sound like "whining" to you??? lol
In fact, it is the exact opposite: it's acceptance of his destruction and seeing the copious good in it---in fact, its NECESSITY.
I know that DJT doesn't like what's happening---can't say I blame him. But far bigger forces and issues than just him are at play.
I mean this for more than just the Trump impeachment issue of the day: life has truly become blood sport for the left, the lamestream media, and the Deep State. They play to win---no holds barred. More than being whiny about that, I am jealous of it. Our side just isn't even serious at all. So---let it all burn down; lets see about a Phoenix thing. You never know.
Did you just equate Donald Trump to Jesus Christ?

The media has CRUCIFIED our SAINT....but he will RISE...

LOL... holy ****, you people are deranged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies