Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 10:36 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,908,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Did you just equate Donald Trump to Jesus Christ?

The media has CRUCIFIED our SAINT....but he will RISE...

LOL... holy ****, you people are deranged.

lol.........he's no SAINT.........FAR from it. And he's certainly not going to "rise" once they get him out of there. Your post is the exact opposite of what I've been saying. YOU are the one who is deranged, it seems.
In fact, this whole episode has very little to do with Trump himself. It's just regular politics. Except nowadays, politics is on steroids.....24/7. A blood sport for the left, deep state and media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2017, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
You are way too easy to sway......a few short months and you are ready to give up! I guess you would be giving Dems EXACTLY what they want........not a chance! Why not ask Dems to stop with the hate of Trump and accept they lost and lets get to work!

Be careful what you wish for, we may have to force in Ted Nugent.....

I'm just a realist. I'm actually kind of surprised that it's taken THIS long for the left and Deep State to destroy his presidency..........I figured it would take two months tops (or that he would be assassinated pre-inauguration or shortly afterwards).
Asking Dems to 'stop the hate of Trump and accept they lost" is like me expecting to walk outside right now and find a million dollars in the parking lot. Are you being serious??? Ain't gonna happen.

Old 05-19-2017, 10:52 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,830,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Love Trump, have been behind him since late 2015.
I find very little fault with his job to date......a bit, but not bad overall.
That said, he's toast. And the funny thing is, I think I always knew it would happen just like this. And it is something that NEEDS to happen, so I don't feel bad at all. Just as we needed him to win the nomination (bringing some light on the cockroaches in the process), so this process of impeachment and removal needs to happen. We need a "cleansing" of the GOP and our system in general, and the destruction of the Trump administration is certainly going to accomplish that in the long run. (But not in the way the leftists think........lol).
Goodbye, Good Old Boys and Girls Club of the Establishment Elite. Goodbye, lamestream media. Goodbye, Republican flunkies. You are going to regret this, but you're too dumb to see that now......lol

Bring it on....the faster the better (I hope he's out by June).
If he's out, I think it will be proof to the country to never elect an "outsider" again.

Honestly, if he'd get off Twitter and hadn't fired Comey, I wouldn't find much fault in him either. He doesn't know about government though. Politics is always in government and dirty dealing and you have to watch your back. I don't think he understood what he was getting into and neither did you all who supported him.

As someone whose worked with a lot of politicians/public servants, I can assure you it is a very hard job and it is hard primarily because there are a lot of regulations you have to be aware of and it is more about personality and getting along with others - a social job - versus what you all seem to have realized. Trump never had the temperament for office. I also though he would be gone, but not until 2020. I thought he'd get smart and surround himself with a good team to steer him through government. But now I see he's not that bright. If he weren't born into money, I doubt he'd have done anything with his life lol.

Old 05-19-2017, 11:05 AM

1,940 posts, read 1,029,717 times
Quote:
Love Trump, have been behind him since late 2015.
I find very little fault with his job to date......a bit, but not bad overall.
That said, he's toast. And the funny thing is, I think I always knew it would happen just like this. And it is something that NEEDS to happen, so I don't feel bad at all. Just as we needed him to win the nomination (bringing some light on the cockroaches in the process), so this process of impeachment and removal needs to happen. We need a "cleansing" of the GOP and our system in general, and the destruction of the Trump administration is certainly going to accomplish that in the long run. (But not in the way the leftists think........lol).
Goodbye, Good Old Boys and Girls Club of the Establishment Elite. Goodbye, lamestream media. Goodbye, Republican flunkies. You are going to regret this, but you're too dumb to see that now......lol

Bring it on....the faster the better (I hope he's out by June).
If you love Trump, why do you want him impeached next month? Impeachment only gets rid of the President not the Republican party so don't expect some great upheaval in government.

What I have a hard time understanding is;

Why did rural America vote in an establishment billionaire, a culture in American society they dislike?

I think he was looked at by some as the lesser of two evils, if it was solely based on his BS rallies then it is a sign of the need to improve our education system.

I didn't vote for either of them so I had nothing to do with this.

Old 05-19-2017, 11:18 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
Quote:
I am a Trump "supporter".....does my OP sound like "whining" to you??? lol
In fact, it is the exact opposite: it's acceptance of his destruction and seeing the copious good in it---in fact, its NECESSITY.
I know that DJT doesn't like what's happening---can't say I blame him. But far bigger forces and issues than just him are at play.
I mean this for more than just the Trump impeachment issue of the day: life has truly become blood sport for the left, the lamestream media, and the Deep State. They play to win---no holds barred. More than being whiny about that, I am jealous of it. Our side just isn't even serious at all. So---let it all burn down; lets see about a Phoenix thing. You never know.
I was commenting on Trump's whining--and Trump most definitely whines. Why would you take that personally? I did not accuse you of whining.

As far as the Deep State, yadayada, I don't believe there is one. Trump has brought everything on himself. Remember when he read a speech to congress and everyone congratulated him for saying something normal?

How low is the bar when you are praised for simply not acting like an insane child? Lol. His polls even went up. Yay--Trump can read just like a grown-up.

Deep State, black helicopters, NWO, Operation Jade Helm? Sorry--it is all entertainment to me. I wish we had a 'Deep State' that could dump Trump. Unfortunately not.

Old 05-19-2017, 11:28 AM

3,006 posts, read 2,631,970 times
Quote:
It doesn't really matter if he has or has not committed an impeachable offense. They are close to getting him now (consider this: a week ago, only a few Dems and few in the lamestream media had started referencing the "i" word.....by today, the entire Dem Party, the entire lamestream media, and a good chunk of the Republican Party is referencing the "i" word on a regular basis. By the end of next week, it will be a tidal wave).

They got Nixon........he left an opening, too. Maybe an even bigger one than the one that Trump has left. The most important point, though, is how much better they are at playing this game and getting Republicans than they were even 40-45 years ago. They are far, far better at it: their speed and efficiency has improved tenfold. What took a year or two to do with Nixon can now be done in a few months. They have really refined their "art". (A dark art, to be sure....but it is what it is).
They "got" Nixon? Nixon was, by far and with no close second, the most corrupt president in modern history. He committed crimes and deserved worse than he ultimately received. He was condemned by both parties, and rightfully so. You don't think Nixon deserved impeachment? ugh

Old 05-19-2017, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I was commenting on Trump's whining--and Trump most definitely whines. Why would you take that personally? I did not accuse you of whining.

As far as the Deep State, yadayada, I don't believe there is one. Trump has brought everything on himself. Remember when he read a speech to congress and everyone congratulated him for saying something normal?

How low is the bar when you are praised for simply not acting like an insane child? Lol. His polls even went up. Yay--Trump can read just like a grown-up.

Deep State, black helicopters, NWO, Operation Jade Helm? Sorry--it is all entertainment to me. I wish we had a 'Deep State' that could dump Trump. Unfortunately not.

You "don't believe there is a Deep State" at all.......I laughed when I read that. Because on what planet would a Deep State NOT develop and exist?? I mean, come on. I'm sure you know about human nature and the ways of the world. Of COURSE there is a DEEP STATE (this is an old, old story; we have known and talked about it for a long time, it's just that this year we learned just how "far along" they are.)
So, I mean, I don't even know what to say: if somebody is just going to deny the very existence of an entrenched, powerful, bureaucracy which outlives specific administrations and has its own agenda/dynamics/motives...........that's kind of a conversation-killer right there.

Old 05-19-2017, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
They "got" Nixon? Nixon was, by far and with no close second, the most corrupt president in modern history. He committed crimes and deserved worse than he ultimately received. He was condemned by both parties, and rightfully so. You don't think Nixon deserved impeachment? ugh

I said in my post that he left a big opening. What do you THINK that means??

And yes: they WANTED him and they GOT him. What is so hard to understand about that??

(For the record, I loathe the man more than you can understand).

Old 05-19-2017, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionExperience View Post
If you love Trump, why do you want him impeached next month? Impeachment only gets rid of the President not the Republican party so don't expect some great upheaval in government.

What I have a hard time understanding is;

Why did rural America vote in an establishment billionaire, a culture in American society they dislike?

I think he was looked at by some as the lesser of two evils, if it was solely based on his BS rallies then it is a sign of the need to improve our education system.

I didn't vote for either of them so I had nothing to do with this.

I don't want him impeached, emotionally that. But deep down, I know it must happen if things are ever going to get any better. This has to reach an end game.
The GOP will be wiped out when Trump gets knocked out. It will discredit the whole party.

Old 05-19-2017, 02:25 PM

1,816 posts, read 1,151,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Not gonna happen and if it does, we'll reelect him next time for 2 more terms. I'll grant you the Swamp (establishment Repubs and Demoncraps) is unified and fighting to retain their corrupt power.
Two more terms really? This corrupt clown will be lucky to stay out of jail. I'm just going to enjoy watching Comey and Mueller back up the truck and keep running over this piece of trash.

Making America Corrupt Again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies