Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 05:09 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,401,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
American citizens have always bickered and fought. They even fought each other in a civil war. By the looks of things, Americans have been very civil and orderly, compared to other times in our history.

Liberals are just drama queens.
You quote me, but apparently did not read me. I said as much. Even some of the more responsible Republicans acknowledge there is a constitutional crisis brewing.

Drama queen, no. Conservatives have to stop acting as though their national symbol is the ostrich.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2017, 05:09 PM

589 posts, read 381,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
NEVER have we had a President like this. We are in uncharted territory as a nation and we are headed into a real test of our democracy and the resilience of our Constitution.

I will be interested to see what the history books say 30 years from now about the 2016 election and Donald Trump's short Presidency. I think he will be only the third President to not even last a year. He will likely pass up Buchanan as the indisputable worst President in history.
Why do we have to wait for the history books 30 years from now when we can read the million Trump threads here and get the "real" story from the left ?

Old 05-19-2017, 05:15 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,815,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liars Poker View Post
Why do we have to wait for the history books 30 years from now when we can read the million Trump threads here and get the "real" story from the left ?
It takes time to judge Presidents from a historical perspective. For instance, I think George W. Bush will be judged more favorably with time. He will still be in the bottom third but definitely not the worst.

Donald Trump, I believe, will be judged as the worst President in history nearly unanimously.

Old 05-19-2017, 05:19 PM

Quote:
It takes time to judge Presidents from a historical perspective. For instance, I think George W. Bush will be judged more favorably with time. He will still be in the bottom third but definitely not the worst.

Donald Trump, I believe, will be judged as the worst President in history nearly unanimously.
Good thing you said "I believe" as you really have no clue.

Old 05-19-2017, 05:21 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,815,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liars Poker View Post
Good thing you said "I believe" as you really have no clue.
I know, I know, the great Donald is anointed by God and is the bestest leader ever!! Make America Great Again!!! Toss me a Bud Light...

Old 05-19-2017, 05:23 PM

Quote:
I know, I know, the great Donald is anointed by God and is the bestest leader ever!! Make America Great Again!!! Toss me a Bud Light...
Repeat after me ... there is no correct answer to who are the best and worst Presidents ever.

Old 05-19-2017, 05:24 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,913,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
You quote me, but apparently did not read me. I said as much. Even some of the more responsible Republicans acknowledge there is a constitutional crisis brewing.

Drama queen, no. Conservatives have to stop acting as though their national symbol is the ostrich.
Yes, I read what you wrote. You basically labelled all Trump supporters as traitors and friends of our nation's enemies. If that makes you feel good about yourself, and who you voted for, that's fine. But it doesn't mean your opinions are the same as facts.

The fact is, DJT is your president, thanks largely in part to the corruption of the DNC, and their decision to front a truly deplorable human being. How short sighted...

Thankfully, this is nowhere near a crisis. And this nation has seen enough crisis to know. Did I mention we once fought a civil war? A little over 1/2 million Americans lost their lives in that war, all at their own hands. That is what a crisis looks like. Stop being a drama queen.

Old 05-19-2017, 05:32 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,401,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Yes, I read what you wrote. You basically labelled all Trump supporters as traitors and friends of our nation's enemies. If that makes you feel good about yourself, and who you voted for, that's fine. But it doesn't mean your opinions are the same as facts.

The fact is, DJT is your president, thanks largely in part to the corruption of the DNC, and their decision to front a truly deplorable human being. How short sighted...

Thankfully, this is nowhere near a crisis. And this nation has seen enough crisis to know. Did I mention we once fought a civil war? A little over 1/2 million Americans lost their lives in that war. That is what a crisis looks like. Stop being a drama queen.

So, a crisis in your definition is nothing less than a civil war? That is a odd definition. To not define foreign interference in our election, collusion of members of the Trump administration with a foreign adversary, and, a PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES who gives classified information to that political adversary, as a crisis is at best naïve and at worse dangerous.

You need to open your eyes.

Old 05-19-2017, 05:33 PM

17,803 posts, read 13,698,337 times
I think Crazy Earl said it best in Full Metal Jacket.

Quote:
These are great days we're living, bros. We are jolly green giants, walking the Earth with guns. These people we wasted here today are the finest human beings we will ever know. After we rotate back to the world, we're gonna miss not having anyone around that's worth shooting.
Crazy Earl

Old 05-19-2017, 05:34 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,098,861 times
Quote:
NEVER have we had a President like this. We are in uncharted territory as a nation and we are headed into a real test of our democracy and the resilience of our Constitution.

I will be interested to see what the history books say 30 years from now about the 2016 election and Donald Trump's short Presidency. I think he will be only the third President to not even last a year. He will likely pass up Buchanan as the indisputable worst President in history.

We've had presidents like this before, Kennedy, Nixon, and Reagan were the last ones. What they all had in common with Trump is that they were not trusted by the establishment because they weren't establishment yes man.

Two of the three were shot, the other was forced out.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies