Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2017, 12:41 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,226,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Yes, we saw Food Stamps go up 50% over Obama's 8 years, despite supposedly being so great for the economy, because "capitalism."

You know what is not capitalism, or at least per Adam Smith's ideals? Bush-Obama big company bailouts. Bush-Obama Systemically Important Financial Institutions get out of jail free card.

Obama did more trickle down economics by making every Fed pick a QE trickle down pusher.
You might need to grasp a broader view and understand what global economic challenge is, and what a deep recession is and and how that impacted American, then you can ponder the extremity of job losses, home losses and what and how time plays a factor in not only people working to get on their feet, but the nation as well. The economy IS STILL FRAGILE.. even with your own body, after a major illness, you are not going to get up and go run a marathon... Then that should tell you that something as LARGE as the American economy that was knocked to its knees, will not get up and go for a brisk jog...

Geez..... something is flawed in the Right Winger Mindset and they simply have a dense section that omits acknowledgement of their faults, flaws and their fallacies, and get lost and led by right wing mad mob making talking heads, until they become nothing more than a simulation of a rebel roused Posse, exactly like the wild posses in an old bad western movie. Chasing out to hung someone down and kill them and never even know what the situation was all about.

Go look at the Movie = "ROSEWOOD" then; you can see a vivid emulation of what type of manner and conduct your words convey to represent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2017, 12:43 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
But... You guys said that's fake news! Your own Dear Leader is fond of saying that the published U-3 unemployment rate is a lie and the real rate is much, much higher.

Duly noted and done. And I suggest you grow a conscience and some decency, but we both know that's not gonna happen. Gotta keep those rich people getting even richer!
Regardless, if unemployment is way down, wouldn't it follow that the gov't aid that was necessary before can now be cut back?

Old 05-24-2017, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Not quite. Conservatives donate far more than liberals to charity.

What conservatives don't want is FORCED charity.
What Conservatives want is what Conservative means, and that is: A RETURN TO THE PAST !!!!!!!! any time any Conservative thinks ANYTHING will benefit ANY minority, they are no different than the Alabama masses under Wallace and Bull Conner..... You can't hide it no matter how you try to deny it.... Its OVERTLY visible every time some of you come on these thread whining and crying...

Why don't you complain about Trump wasting money with this wife in a Glass Tower, and him using Air Force One likes its a private unit for him to go to his retreat and hob knob and play Jet Setter Fiction at the expense of the American People???????????????????????

Old 05-24-2017, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Regardless, if unemployment is way down, wouldn't it follow that the gov't aid that was necessary before can now be cut back?
See Post #493................

Tell the wealth chaser that are centered in many East Coast Money Changer Environments, like Boston, to stop stealing and spinning wild speculation and bleeding every bit from the economy before it can regain its strength... Such types all across this country are like PARASITES, sucking the life blood out of American, so they can chase their Professor script fictional delusions, and their mis led training of thinking they should be made wealthy because they "BOUGHT A HIGH PRICED DECREE"..... which ensured they would have all the Ethic's trained right out of them, until they are made Ethically Void.

Old 05-24-2017, 12:47 PM

6,417 posts, read 1,434,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
White House to roll out budget proposal, cutting Medicaid, assistant to the poor - MarketWatch

"The White House on Tuesday will roll out a budget proposal crystallizing the president’s priorities in a blueprint that calls for large cuts to social safety-net programs such as Medicaid and food assistance while increasing Pentagon and border-security spending."

Doubtful anyone will be safer, but they might be hungrier!

You are dead wrong that nobody will be safer. People will be safe during the next 4 years than any time in the last 8 years!

Old 05-24-2017, 12:49 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,373,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
But they sure do whine when they don't have a job. Begging the POTUS to fix it for them.

Make no mistake. the deplorables will be as deeply affected as anyone by safety net cuts. If they are suffering now, as they say, they will really be screwed when the economy goes into the inevitable recession.
Wow, people complaining when they can't get work? Horrors!!!

Personally I don't worry much about an inevitable recession. I don't believe we came out of the one which began around 2007-2008.

Old 05-24-2017, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
I bet it if you were growing up as a 5 year old child going around starving, causing you to be brain damaged as an adult, you would sing another tune.
Can you please show me the starving 5 year olds in America?

Old 05-24-2017, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
My landlord doesn't work. Is he exempt?
I am assuming he's paying taxes on the income he gets from renting to you and others?

Old 05-24-2017, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Arrogance is a component of stupidity.

I did not contest such, I merely pointed out that empathy is useless, it is a means for the arrogant to proclaim they understand, when the fact is.. they don't and they won't unless they also experience it. So sitting around going on about how you "feel" for someone in hardship is arrogant and self serving.

You are rambling, the point was that empathy is useless.

Yes, all part of your master plan.

You produce a lot of words, but none of it is of use. Considering the context of this discussion, I would say your response fits right in line with my point about empathy.
According to you, everything seems to come to your as being useless... maybe its is a reflective summation that you are attaching to anything and everything.

I have no idea if you are spiritual to any degree, but there is a reason why HUMAN BEINGS, have FEELINGS. No one ask another to wallow in pit and fall on their belly, Feelings is a human emotion, that has a deep connection to all that people are and what they become.

Maybe you had a difficult life, where in squalor or within opulence.. but something hardened you to the nature of the world...

I'd suggest that maybe take a walk in the expanse of society, far beyond the glitter, and do so with really opened eyes, you might learn more about yourself, than you can imagine as to the true nature of what is and how is the nature of society and the elements of feelings.

As to Arrogance. Arrogance is foolishness, that has deep roots within vanity and material or fictional self elation about something that is as changeable as the weather.

My volume of words should not be of any matter or concern, the discussions is of what you responded to, which was about

Compassion and Empathy..... They are both very broad and deep subjects, if you would care to indulge about either or both, I will certainly engage in such endeavor...

You are free to think as you desire, as we all do... in the big picture of life and living, we live, and times comes and we all will die, the remembrance of what is our lives will live past us, and you can choose what that remembrance of you will be by the acts and conduct in your living and how your feelings shape your experiences and that in relation to and unto others...

Old 05-24-2017, 12:58 PM

589 posts, read 381,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Can you please show me the starving 5 year olds in America?
It's normal - the left sensationalizes every post it makes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies