Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 02:32 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
To think, without CNN I wouldn't get to see this footage of two *******s in an airport.

(and yes, they're both *******s; one's a racist *******, which I suppose is worse by default, but taunting him to get more of a reaction so that he can get Facebook shares, which was almost certainly the goal, isn't exactly good character -- and it's not as if exposing one racist ******* is actually going to end racism)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
All it takes to get on CNN is acting like an @ss in an airport? When did the news turn into a Jerry Springer episode?
You wonder why this is on the news? Maybe it's because they have an agenda? What! An agenda!? Get the tinfoil hat out, TWIS, seriously.

You think it just might be for a specific reason, a specific agenda?

Ahem:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Scary. But I'm glad that guy was captured on video so the entire country can see who and what he really is.

And undoubtedly, he's a Trump supporter - a deplorable Trump supporter.
I rest my case.

Old 05-24-2017, 02:33 PM

1,302 posts, read 683,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Bad reporting by CNN. There is way more to this story we are not seeing.
Spanish is a very loud language. Torres may have been disturbing everyone around him.

The story was not about anger over the guy speaking Spanish.

jajaja, lo que hay que leer en estos lugares. Qué vergüenza...

hahaha, The things one reads in this place, Shameful.

Last edited by Alonso_Castillo; 05-24-2017 at 02:48 PM..

Old 05-24-2017, 02:35 PM

1,302 posts, read 683,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
America, Land of the Free.... meaning you're free to replace your mother language with English or you better get the hell out
El Español fue lengua oficial de América del Norte antes que el Inglés

Spanish was the oficial language of North American Before English.

Old 05-24-2017, 02:43 PM

600 posts, read 567,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Bad reporting by CNN. There is way more to this story we are not seeing.
Spanish is a very loud language. Torres may have been disturbing everyone around him.

The story was not about anger over the guy speaking Spanish.
What part of this is America speak English threw you off? lol

Old 05-24-2017, 02:45 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taimaishu View Post
What part of this is America speak English threw you off? lol
Context doesn't matter to some.

Old 05-24-2017, 02:51 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,108,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
WE DON'T HAVE A NATIONAL LANGUAGE.

And, even if we did, why would anyone attack someone at an airport, where tourists who speak a variety of languages, may be on the phone with loved ones at home and speaking any number of languages?

What a jackass.
^ this

Ignorant bigots will be ignorant bigots. I support making English and Spanish the co-equal languages in part as a middle finger to people like that guy. The reality is that most Hispanics are bilingual and if they wish to speak Spanish among their friends/family or whatever then good for them.

English Only needs to be replaced with English Plus. We'll all be better off, it will broaden our horizons which is always a good thing.

Old 05-24-2017, 02:52 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,567,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
WE DON'T HAVE A NATIONAL LANGUAGE.

And, even if we did, why would anyone attack someone at an airport, where tourists who speak a variety of languages, may be on the phone with loved ones at home and speaking any number of languages?

What a jackass.
I didn't even think of your second sentence. What better way to welcome someone to our country than to scream at that person for speaking a language other than English?

Old 05-24-2017, 03:01 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
I didn't even think of your second sentence. What better way to welcome someone to our country than to scream at that person for speaking a language other than English?
I deliberately do not support having a national language here for that very reason.

Too many people, due to this being such a large country, seem to think that people speaking other languages is simply not allowed at all.

That's really sad.

Old 05-24-2017, 03:04 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
This ^^^^is sarcasm, correct? It has to be. Why should Spanish become the US national language? Are you not aware that English is the language that binds us all?
Yes. That was sarcasm on her part. It was really evident.

I think the real point is that we don't need a national language. People just need to quit being so rude.

I feel for anyone who lost their legs in a war, but we have plenty of soldiers who have been injured in wars and their first language isn't English.

It's not the guy at the airport's fault that the man in the wheelchair was disabled.

And, if the man speaking on the phone was too loud, a simple "Would you mind keeping your voice down, please sir? I'm sensitive to loud noises since the war" would surely have sufficed, as the man on the phone indicated that he'd served, too.

It was just plain hateful. Wheelchairs are not excuses to be mean.

Old 05-24-2017, 03:18 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,815,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Hector Torres was talking to his mother on the phone at the airport, when a man started yelling profanities at Torres because of the language he was using.Source: CNN

Man yells at stranger for speaking Spanish - CNN Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_a-NSz_CzIM
Welcome to Trump's America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies