Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 06:17 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,391,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
If you read the book Sellout, you'll find out a lot more that the press didn't cover.
Probably lots of made up stuff, no doubt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2017, 06:18 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,348,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I've been dying to find this out:

Does Robert Mueller, as special counsel to investigate Russian links, have the authority to require Trump's tax returns - and if Trump won't provide them, to get them from the IRS?

It seems to me that would be a great place to start by "following the money."
Investigate what "Russia links?" There haven't been any Russian links found.

It is not a crime to do business in Russia, so even if he had, it is no indication of "collusion" with Russia in the election, which according to Alan Dershowitz is also not a crime.

If you're so fascinated with finding a Russian connection, make it easy on yourself and look at Hillary Clinton and the Clinton foundation.

Old 05-26-2017, 06:23 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,943,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Pass.

Rest assured that had Clinton been elected - Jason Chaffitz would NOT be retiring and both he and Trey Gowdy would be investigating her until their last breath.

I guess it's not so much fun to investigate your OWN party and now Mr. Chaffitz would like a cushy television job, please.

And, by the way, I have not heard you criticize the Saudi money that just flowed into Ivanka's foundation for women.

Remember how Trump railed against Hillary's foundation for same?

Yeah. He's a hypocrite of magnificent order.
These are excellent points, all.

Although, you'd surely get 'more bang for your buck' if you'd take the time to translate all of these many words into 'Trumpspeak'. No worries, it's easy.

Any words or phrases favorable to Mr. Trump's family empire become, in Trumpspeak, 'super doubleplus good'.

Any unfavorable words, phrases, et cetera become 'super doublesplus ungood'.

Or, something like, 'He Won!!!' is super simple & simultaneously super doubleplus good. See how easy.

Old 05-26-2017, 06:24 AM

4,802 posts, read 3,519,677 times
Why is the left so obsessed with his taxes. Madcow was trumped when she showed his older taxes, showing he paid a Higher percentage than Obama and Biden.
If he did something illeg6al with his taxes, IRS would have taken care of it and Obamas team would have leaked them.
Look at all the Hollywood elitists that fail to pay, and Sharpton. Go stress on them. Get them to pay to help support your social issues

Old 05-26-2017, 06:37 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,943,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Why is the left so obsessed with his taxes. Madcow was trumped when she showed his older taxes, showing he paid a Higher percentage than Obama and Biden.
If he did something illeg6al with his taxes, IRS would have taken care of it and Obamas team would have leaked them.
Look at all the Hollywood elitists that fail to pay, and Sharpton. Go stress on them. Get them to pay to help support your social issues
Some folks are seemingly 'obsessed' with a functional democracy is all.

On the other hand, President-for-now Trump is evidently 'obsessed' with keeping his tax returns a secret.

Old 05-26-2017, 06:47 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,464,129 times
lmao..Leftists are so silly. His personal tax returns won't show anything useful. Lefties think that someone's personal taxes will show illegal activity although the IRS didn't find any. LMAO.

Old 05-26-2017, 06:50 AM

4,802 posts, read 3,519,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Some folks are seemingly 'obsessed' with a functional democracy is all.

On the other hand, President-for-now Trump is evidently 'obsessed' with keeping his tax returns a secret.
There lies the problem, we arent a democracy..
And taxes are private.. IRS never found anything illegal..
Losers never get it. Game over

Old 05-26-2017, 07:23 AM

9,912 posts, read 7,261,067 times
Theoretically, Mueller can subpoena the IRS to turn over Trump's tax returns. But they won't tell him much as most of his income is through LLC's. Mueller would have to subpoena the IRS and the local tax authorities for the returns of the LLC's. That would provide a starting point to look for a connection. He could even go as far as to issue subpoenas for the financial records and the audit reports for the LLC's.

The latter is where the details are that could provide a link between the Trump organization and Russian banks and government. And even that may not prove collusion between the campaign and the Russian government but it could disprove Trump's assertion that there isn't any link between his business dealings and Russia.

Old 05-26-2017, 07:36 AM

31,341 posts, read 14,331,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarallel View Post
i've been dying to find this out:

Does robert mueller, as special counsel to investigate russian links, have the authority to require trump's tax returns - and if trump won't provide them, to get them from the irs?

It seems to me that would be a great place to start by "following the money."
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnn

Old 05-26-2017, 08:07 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,764,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
Foolish? For revealing that Trump paid $31 million in AMT? A tax Trump is trying to do away with that only hits the wealthy?
What a fool you are sir. AMT is a middle class tax. It's to ensure people that makes over six figures that no matter what deductions they use they have to pay a certain amount due to their pay scale.

Any wealthy folks that get their incomes from capital gains pay a lower rate even with AMT factored in.

My business allows me to structure my pay anyway I want, I can pay myself a dollar while the business rakes in millions and I can tell people that I am a millionaire while I only pay taxes on $1 since that's what I chose to report as my designated salary.

So how does that the AMT hit rich businesses?

The only reason Trump has direct income is he has a paycheck as producer on TV shows, endorsement deals, where companies pay him directly and he's obligated to report them subject to AMT.

AMT is the worst thing for middle class and small businesses. It doesn't matter you submit a complete loss if your house was destroyed and no insurance, you can't deduct that against your income. But as a business owner I can deduct ALL business losses against income and report a loss and pay zero taxes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies