Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2017, 07:54 AM

28,671 posts, read 18,795,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
That is precisely the point, this was a serious, solemn occasion, not one of his circus rallies. The President of this country should be smart enough to realize it is not about him, he is simply there to look dignified, Presidential, and to pay his respects.

The man simply does not possess that part of the brain, that most of us have, that tells us when something is appropriate and when it is not appropriate. A 5 year old, for example, would have acted the way he did there, because at 5 your brain has not developed totally yet. A 70 year old brain SHOULD have developed by now, unfortunately something is missing inside Donald Trumps' head that would have said "Stand still and look serious here, Donald !"
John Kennedy Jr saluting his father's funeral procession.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2017, 08:00 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I wonder if he made Melania sign a prenup. Could she undo it based on dementia? She has all the video and Twitter evidence she needs to take everything if she decides to divorce him.
I bet he has Melania locked up in such a tight prenup that she walks away with nothing but her shoes, if she leaves. Trump always has had a team of very aggressive Attorneys on his payroll, and you know they gave poor Melania an ironclad document to sign before Trump would say I do.

But, I think Melania has a bigger issue.........the boy. It is pretty apparent that she loves Barron very much, and knows how ugly and hurtful a battle with Trump would be. A lot of people stay together for the sake of the kids, and I think she hangs into this obviously loveless marriage for that reason. Anyone can see that Ozzie and Harriet these two are not.

Old 05-30-2017, 08:01 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,901,228 times
Trump probably thought he was showing his celebratory patriotic pride by singing along and bopping to the national anthem (it had a good beat and he could dance to it, after all). He probably felt like he was really getting into it and was feeling it so strongly that it just burst out of him.

Trouble was, he was clueless once again - Memorial Day at Arlington National Cemetery was not the time or place for such antics. If this had been the Fourth of July, maybe then. If he had been just singing or mouthing the lyrics, Trump would have raised eyebrows but would have gotten a pass. But his singing along combined with beating time with his pledge-of-allegiance hand, and nodding his head in rhythm, made it a very bizarre performance.

Trump looked like a kid with untreated ADD who just had to have all the attention on himself rather than on the ceremony. Scene-stealing. Trump just tried to upstage "The Star-Spangled Banner"... because he just had to have all the attention himself.

Old 05-30-2017, 08:02 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,901,228 times
Quote:
I wonder if he made Melania sign a prenup. Could she undo it based on dementia? She has all the video and Twitter evidence she needs to take everything if she decides to divorce him.
Both of Trump's ex-wives are said to have had prenups, and I am sure Trump would not have married Melania without one firmly in place.

Old 05-30-2017, 08:05 AM

1,870 posts, read 2,390,167 times
Perhaps Trump simply wanted to show that he was "energetic, young & alive" after his long trip abroad. Of course, his mind to reality translation often fails.

Old 05-30-2017, 08:06 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
John Kennedy Jr saluting his father's funeral procession.

I remember that day, and that little boy, standing there, saluting his dead father. What a horrible , sad time that was. No one could forget that image.

Old 05-30-2017, 08:23 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,446,965 times
Impeach him now!!!!!

Old 05-30-2017, 08:23 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
"Donald Trump says that his prenuptial agreement with Melania Knauss has made his marriage stronger. (Though it is worth noting that he’s been down this road twice before; both Ivana and Marla Maples contested their agreements—and lost, Trump points out.) “It’s a hard, painful, ugly tool,” says Trump. “Believe me, there’s nothing fun about it. But there comes a time when you have to say, ‘Darling, I think you’re magnificent, and I care for you deeply, but if things don’t work out, this is what you’re going to get.’ ”

With This Ring (and This Contract), I Thee Wed -- New York Magazine

Reportedly, his wives also sign non-disclosure agreements as well.

Old 05-30-2017, 08:54 AM

28,671 posts, read 18,795,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
"Donald Trump says that his prenuptial agreement with Melania Knauss has made his marriage stronger. (Though it is worth noting that he’s been down this road twice before; both Ivana and Marla Maples contested their agreements—and lost, Trump points out.) “It’s a hard, painful, ugly tool,” says Trump. “Believe me, there’s nothing fun about it. But there comes a time when you have to say, ‘Darling, I think you’re magnificent, and I care for you deeply, but if things don’t work out, this is what you’re going to get.’ ”

With This Ring (and This Contract), I Thee Wed -- New York Magazine

Reportedly, his wives also sign non-disclosure agreements as well.
IMO, prenups are all the involvement government should have in "marriage" anyway.

Old 05-30-2017, 09:26 AM

7,824 posts, read 4,567,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I bet he has Melania locked up in such a tight prenup that she walks away with nothing but her shoes, if she leaves. Trump always has had a team of very aggressive Attorneys on his payroll, and you know they gave poor Melania an ironclad document to sign before Trump would say I do.

But, I think Melania has a bigger issue.........the boy. It is pretty apparent that she loves Barron very much, and knows how ugly and hurtful a battle with Trump would be. A lot of people stay together for the sake of the kids, and I think she hangs into this obviously loveless marriage for that reason. Anyone can see that Ozzie and Harriet these two are not.
Truth be told, the cost of her shoes would probably feed a family of eight for well over a year...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies