Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2017, 10:35 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,567 posts, read 16,552,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Black students held their events off campus.
you understand that switching roles simply means the white students business would be off campus just as the black students were for 40 years.

so again, how is it a false equivalency ???????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2017, 10:36 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,373,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
the university has a website , and there it says everyone is welcome to any of the events at either location.

im not saying this student is lying, im saying if it is true, then it goes against what the university itself has stated was the goal, and you should then be blaming who ever asked him to leave, no tthe school itself.
A moment of promoting individual responsibility?

Whoa.

If nothing else I'll have to earmark this thread for your rare accomplishment dsjj251.

Old 06-01-2017, 10:37 PM

Quote:
you understand that switching roles simply means the white students business would be off campus just as the black students were for 40 years.

so again, how is it a false equivalency ???????
Because the university is for all students.

If anyone wants to be segregated they need to rent a private area and have at it.

Old 06-01-2017, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
The mindset of the people involved became obvious pretty quickly as soon as the protests started. Did you watch the videos?
I did, they acted horribly.

That does not mean, i dont understand the argument they are making in the case of this professor. (no, he shouldnt be fired, but his argument doesnt make sense within the context of the situation)

As I said in the other post, If anyone had been forced off campus, the professor would be correct. But as of now, based on the words in his own post, he seems to be a hypocrite, or overreacting or both.

Old 06-01-2017, 10:39 PM

20,346 posts, read 19,934,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
And the conservative snowflakes fascination with colleges continues...
Any thoughts on the subject matter of this thread?

Me, I think this whole new segregation thing is just bizarre. At an institution of "higher leaning" no less.

Old 06-01-2017, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Because the university is for all students.

If anyone wants to be segregated they need to rent a private area and have at it.
You are dodging the question.

You argued it was a false equivalency, your argument was that white students were treated differently than black and that isnt true.

prove your original point. Or better yet, just say that you dont like the practice and leave it at that.

Old 06-01-2017, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Any thoughts on the subject matter of this thread?

Me, I think this whole new segregation thing is just bizarre. At an institution of "higher leaning" no less.
Bizarre is a good word.

It implies that race is a prerequisite characteristic in accomplishing a goal.

Sort of Nazi-ish if ya ask me.

I always thought that any problem that needed solved or any goal that needed to be met required similar values and the ability to work together by anyone willing to participate.

I can't imagine trying to solve a problem or accomplish a goal at any job I've ever had without getting input from as many folks as I could.

That's why this trend is troubling. How hard is it going to be to work with these kids when they enter the work force?

Old 06-01-2017, 10:49 PM

Quote:
You are dodging the question.

You argued it was a false equivalency, your argument was that white students were treated differently than black and that isnt true.

prove your original point. Or better yet, just say that you dont like the practice and leave it at that.
The university is set up to serve the students.

Black students who wanted to segregate did so off campus for many years (weird as hell but the way to do it if you are going to do so).

Asking white students to refrain from using the campus is asking them to essentially not be students for a day because that's what the university is there for.

Old 06-01-2017, 10:51 PM

Quote:
The university is set up to serve the students.

Black students who wanted to segregate did so off campus for many years (weird as hell but the way to do it if you are going to do so).

Asking white students to refrain from using the campus is asking them to essentially not be students for a day because that's what the university is there for.
You keep saying that as if the white students wouldnt be able to do the same things the black students were doing the last 40 years and again, that just isnt true.

you are making a false claim.

Old 06-01-2017, 10:57 PM

Quote:
You keep saying that as if the white students wouldnt be able to do the same things the black students were doing the last 40 years and again, that just isnt true.

you are making a false claim.
I wave the white flag.

Or black one.

Whichever.

Always good to debate ya dsjj
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies