Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 09:44 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,403,590 times

Advertisements

Cons wanted a president without experience and they got their wish. Chaos rules and US policy is adrift. The real tragedy is that too many people still support a man whose overwhelming incompetence and pathological lying should be obvious to all. Too bad, too many people wish to live in the world of oblivion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2017, 09:44 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,370,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
This presidential beginning for Trump is nuts. Some will blame the liberals for setting him up, some will blame Trump for bringing it upon himself.

It doesn't matter to me. All I see is much more time spent on what equates to a marital spat than the actual running of a government. There was a flurry of signed executive orders (big deal). Blocked travel ban, pulling out of Paris, "you're fired" to Comey - moves and counter moves, yet to me nothing to date has felt like some true work is actually getting done in Washington.

I was hoping this crap would blow over so Trump could actually get to work, but I've been saying that for months and there doesn't seem be any letup to this tomfoolery.
This topic needs a filter. Apparently, the MO of the left, now that they've licked their wounds, grieved for the acceptable amount of time, and come to terms with losing in 2016 is to flood this board with a daily tranche of anti-Trump threads. "50 Reasons Trump is a Russian Spy", "Why Trump Hates You", "Trump Kicked my Baby!"

Look, everyone gets it. The right, the left, and the moderates. Hillary supporters are still in denial, but see their only chance at having an impact in the next 4-8 years as being to subvert/impede/obstruct Trump at every turn. Got it. Politics 101.

A suggestion might be to look at why you lost, and work on that.

Old 06-05-2017, 09:48 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
I've never seen more damage control at the beginning of a presidency than with Trump
Its all they do. They whine about the unfairness of the media, and perform endless damage control.

Its as if they don't understand the media is simply reporting on their errors, and every day they make another error.

Old 06-05-2017, 10:10 AM

15,866 posts, read 21,452,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Kathy Griffin was an example of how far over the top these libs have been going. Normal everyday Democrats, who don't normally pay very little attention to politics, are not caught up in this insanity on the left. Much of it being driven by elected Democrats

People, like those you referred to, are repulsed by what they see from within their own political party. The lib'tard left are waking up and seeing the masked removed from these insane leftists, and I'm loving it; "know the truth, and the truth shall set you free"
If Kathy Griffin is such a problem, why did Trump invite Ted Nugent into the White House?

Old 06-05-2017, 10:27 AM

6,957 posts, read 8,495,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStrat View Post
This topic needs a filter. Apparently, the MO of the left, now that they've licked their wounds, grieved for the acceptable amount of time, and come to terms with losing in 2016 is to flood this board with a daily tranche of anti-Trump threads. "50 Reasons Trump is a Russian Spy", "Why Trump Hates You", "Trump Kicked my Baby!"

Look, everyone gets it. The right, the left, and the moderates. Hillary supporters are still in denial, but see their only chance at having an impact in the next 4-8 years as being to subvert/impede/obstruct Trump at every turn. Got it. Politics 101.

A suggestion might be to look at why you lost, and work on that.
Your "so-called" liberals took the playbook out of the hands of the C-D tighty-righties and ran with it. Conservatives seem to have developed Alzheimer's when it comes to remembering the insults they piled on Obama over the last 9 years, including Dear Leader - Agent Orange! What did the Republicans do during Obama's 2 terms? "Obstruct, Obstruct, Obstruct" was their mantra! Turnabout is now fair play! RW snowflakes can now cry all of the crocodile tears they want over the current political climate. Too bad ...so sad!

Old 06-05-2017, 11:12 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,370,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
Your "so-called" liberals took the playbook out of the hands of the C-D tighty-righties and ran with it. Conservatives seem to have developed Alzheimer's when it comes to remembering the insults they piled on Obama over the last 9 years, including Dear Leader - Agent Orange! What did the Republicans do during Obama's 2 terms? "Obstruct, Obstruct, Obstruct" was their mantra! Turnabout is now fair play! RW snowflakes can now cry all of the crocodile tears they want over the current political climate. Too bad ...so sad!
First, I wasn't talking about politicians, was talking about CD folks. Second, yeah, name calling is lame/wrong/lazy, but how many RW folks do you see routinely attacking children of politicians they disagree with? The racist garbage that was thrown around during Obama's term as POTUS was disgusting, and most moderates/conservatives said so at the time. No place for that trash in our country. Thinking that 30 different people churning out a prolific number of new threads here will change anything is laughable. That doesn't seem to dissuade any of them though. It's entertaining because you can so clearly see the M.O., almost as if it's centrally managed. Same thing is occurring across political discussion threads across the internet. Same topics, and talking points.

Old 06-05-2017, 11:43 AM

6,957 posts, read 8,495,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStrat View Post
First, I wasn't talking about politicians, was talking about CD folks. Second, yeah, name calling is lame/wrong/lazy, but how many RW folks do you see routinely attacking children of politicians they disagree with? The racist garbage that was thrown around during Obama's term as POTUS was disgusting, and most moderates/conservatives said so at the time. No place for that trash in our country. Thinking that 30 different people churning out a prolific number of new threads here will change anything is laughable. That doesn't seem to dissuade any of them though. It's entertaining because you can so clearly see the M.O., almost as if it's centrally managed. Same thing is occurring across political discussion threads across the internet. Same topics, and talking points.
Sadly, both sides have taken a big drink of their side's Kool-Aid! But after reading P&OC for years and posting nothing, I've written a few zingers, in response to others. Moderates/conservatives speaking out against the racist remarks over the last nine years, kinda reminds me of all of the moderate Muslims speaking out against Islamic terrorism ...you never really hear what, if anything, has been said - it's all drowned out in the shouting! But I just got sick of taking the higher road for so long - ala Michelle Obama! I've turned my PC filter off, and you know what? It feels good!

Old 07-27-2019, 07:42 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
This presidential beginning for Trump is nuts. Some will blame the liberals for setting him up, some will blame Trump for bringing it upon himself.

It doesn't matter to me. All I see is much more time spent on what equates to a marital spat than the actual running of a government. There was a flurry of signed executive orders (big deal). Blocked travel ban, pulling out of Paris, "you're fired" to Comey - moves and counter moves, yet to me nothing to date has felt like some true work is actually getting done in Washington.

I was hoping this crap would blow over so Trump could actually get to work, but I've been saying that for months and there doesn't seem be any letup to this tomfoolery.

Now we know why.
They attempted to overthrow a duly elected President of the United States.

Look at all the wasted time and money, Obama, Hillary, Brennan, Clapper & Comey cost the US taxpayer!
Playing with other peoples money, is fun.

Old 07-27-2019, 09:17 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
What wasted money? Money forfeited by Manafort will more than cover the cost of this investigation.

- Russians interfered in our elections to get Trump elected.

- Trump campaign people and Trump himself welcomed that interference.

- Trump attempted to obstruct the investigation into this.

- There is every reason to believe the Russians intend to do it again.

- McConnell is blocking effort to block this.

For all intents and purposes, it looks like Republicans are a criminal conspiracy in cahoots with Putin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies