Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2017, 12:07 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,660,053 times

Advertisements

I don't actually think McCain has Alzheimer's, but he is old and he swaggered in there, for some reason, and tried to act like some hot-shot TV prosecuter trying to get a "gotcha" moment on Comey. That was very evident; however, due to his age and maybe a late night last night, he didn't have the mental acuity to pull it off.

I get where he was going: he was trying to draw some conclusion that Comey was treating Clinton better than Trump. But the comparison was apples-to-oranges. That he didn't get that is puzzling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2017, 12:08 PM

6,418 posts, read 7,250,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
And you know this because ...? Why would they want Trump and not Hillary? That makes no sense at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Comey was very careful to give the dates for the occasions when he said Trump was not personally under investigation, Comey did not say that Trump is not currently under FBI investigation
Yes I noticed that. Comey was very very careful with his answers, I am quite in awe of his ability to remain calm and careful under pressure!

I'm not sure though that Trump himself is guilty of any collusion as I can't imagine he'd have managed to not blurt it out on twitter himself if he was...!

Old 06-08-2017, 12:09 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
... He laid a very good foundation for the rest of the investigation to be built upon, and you conveniently forget, they are behind closed doors right now, hearing classified info not for our ears. We simply got the Readers Digest condensed version, they are getting the nitty gritty.
Yep.

"Showboat" Comey nailed it.

Old 06-08-2017, 12:10 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
you do realize that if Trump had tried to obstruct justice, then Comey would be guilty of a felony for not reporting it right?
you do realize that if Trump had tried to obstruct justice, Comey would be guilty of a felony for perjury because on 5/3 after his conversations with Trump, Comey testified before congress stating that he had never heard of a president trying to shut down an investigation....
this is a nothing burger because if there was a there there and if Comey is a saint like you say, he would have said so on May3...
Nope...there is no law requiring the head of the FBI or any agent to report a crime based upon a statement made to them by either an informant or the suspect. They are entirely within their rights to use that information to gather further evidence which might prove or disprove the statements. PS where did you ever hear otherwise?

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by London Girl View Post
At those specific points in time.

The investigation is ongoing and fluid. What was the situation in the past may - or may not - be the situation in the future.

Until it is concluded very little can be taken as "set in stone".

The public, at present, is just being shown fragments of a much larger picture.
Comey came out and said there is no case a prosecutor would take in the Hillary investigation. It was on going.

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
I have my doubts about him, but I hope he enjoys the rest of his days.

What people eventually find, is that no amount of power in the world can truly fill that void. (whatever that void is)

He seems like another power hungry person. As a Vietnam POW who suffered so much, it is extremely odd that he likes war THAT much.

Old 06-08-2017, 12:11 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Obama is gone. So no worries about that now.

You guys got nothing. Just like you had nothing when you said that Trump wouldn't even last through the primaries.
You're absolutely right. We overestimated the intelligence of the voting public and thought they would see the narcissistic, unqualified autocrat for what he really was.
How were we to know that lurking under the rotten political woodpile was a sizeable group of individuals who's main agenda was to destroy the pillars of democracy and the constitution by electing an egomaniac who is, this very minute, in the process of establishing one man rule.

Old 06-08-2017, 12:12 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Comey came out and said there is no case a prosecutor would take in the Hillary investigation. It was on going.
No, he said that at the conclusion of the investigation, not during the investigation

Old 06-08-2017, 12:12 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,822,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyrallnamestaken View Post
Trump is no threat to Russia. Trump likes and admires Putin. He willingly has Russians meet him in the oval office. Russia sees Trump as somebody that can easily be manipulated. Russia has always been an enemy of the US. THis is an advantage to Putin!
Also, why was the only change Trump requested in the GOP platform a softened stance on Russia?

Old 06-08-2017, 12:13 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I thought it was sad to see McCain today. I've said it before but in the midst of aging parents and seeing dementia creeping in....the first steps are out of the blue you realize they aren't making sense.....and you can tell they know. I swear McCain knew he wasn't being coherent and he was trying to fix it but it got lost.
Yes, I thought this, too. There was a moment there, a long pause when he was struggling to figure out what he was trying to say, when he knew he was sounding incoherent. Then he gave up and just said something like, "Well, that's what I think, anyway."

He knew. I felt so bad for him in that moment, because I can't imagine what it feels like to know you are losing your mental faculties, And to do so before an international audience had to be especially painful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies