Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 06:24 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,945,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I would care if that is what he had done but he didn't. He questioned whether or not the nominee could be fair to all based upon his past writings.

The nominee would not actually address the question.
Bernie diminished himself with this episode... he interrupted and shouted down the answers because he didn't want context to enter into the record.

Old 06-09-2017, 06:25 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Bernie diminished himself with this episode... he interrupted and shouted down the answers because he didn't want context to enter into the record.
If he ever runs again, this will be used against him.

Old 06-09-2017, 06:30 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,945,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If he ever runs again, this will be used against him.
I'll certainly remember it and bring it up. Bernie is more dangerous than I ever imagined.

Old 06-09-2017, 06:32 AM

18,496 posts, read 9,161,666 times
Quote:
Thank goodness no one said such thing.
Believing that anyone without certain religious convictions deserves to be "condemned" is equivalent to believing they are subhuman.

Thankful, not all Christians take the Bible's teachings about non-believers seriously.

Old 06-09-2017, 07:15 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
How so? He said :

"“As a Christian, I believe that all individuals are made in the image of God and are worthy of dignity and respect regardless of their religious beliefs. I believe that as a Christian that’s how I should treat all individuals,”
Which I may have accepted if I was voting BUT it needed asked for someone that would be in the position he would be in.

Old 06-09-2017, 07:17 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Believing that anyone without certain religious convictions deserves to be "condemned" is equivalent to believing they are subhuman.

Thankful, not all Christians take the Bible's teachings about non-believers seriously.
Sure they do but as a public servant it's important to know whether you can keep that and your service to the public separate.

Old 06-09-2017, 07:31 AM

727 posts, read 390,461 times
Quote:
How so? He said :

"“As a Christian, I believe that all individuals are made in the image of God and are worthy of dignity and respect regardless of their religious beliefs. I believe that as a Christian that’s how I should treat all individuals,”
Most of us know that those who talk the talk don't necessarily walk the walk. So if I hear someone talk the talk, I will withhold believing them until their actions support their words.

One of the signs of what I call christians (lower case "c") is they talk up Christianity in a big way but never practice it. I found the more fervently they promote themselves as good Christians, the more likely they are to be christians. And the worst of that bunch are the ones who hurt others for personal gain.

I don't know Vought but the way he answered the questions compels me to be very cautious before believing him. I think Bernie knew he was a phony and was trying to bring that out. Vought was very careful about not allowing that to happen. Those are the kind of people who have to do more than give a good speech to win me over. They have to act on those words too.

Old 06-09-2017, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
He did not say he thought they deserved anything. Bernie had read the words of Jesus Christ from the Bible and tried to use them against the guy, which suggests Bernie thinks believing in Jesus disqualifies a person from office.

That is a big problem.

You are having a hard time with this.

Of course according to your own argument, muslims think non-muslims are sub-human.

Quote:
You mean a true Christian rejects the Bible

LOL

Old 06-09-2017, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimChi2PG View Post
Most of us know that those who talk the talk don't necessarily walk the walk. So if I hear someone talk the talk, I will withhold believing them until their actions support their words.
Let's to the same with you, shall we.

Quote:
One of the signs of what I call christians (lower case "c") is they talk up Christianity in a big way but never practice it. I found the more fervently they promote themselves as good Christians, the more likely they are to be christians. And the worst of that bunch are the ones who hurt others for personal gain.
Or those who judge who is, and who isnt a good enough Christian. That would be you.

Old 06-09-2017, 08:07 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times
Quote:
No, it was a religious test, because he knew how any Christian would have to answer the question, and he rejected that answer, meaning he thinks Christian views disqualify a person.
If those views affect the way someone legislates, then it should disqualify them.

You're welcome to those beliefs, but you're not welcome to insert those beliefs into our laws.

One needs to be able to be impartial as a public servant - if they cannot, then that is a very important piece of information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies