Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 05:16 AM

112 posts, read 180,140 times

Advertisements

I've only seen this flag a few times when I was vacationing down south.. When I did I was slightly offended, to me it's just a reminder of a painful past of a nation divided and slavery. :/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2008, 06:26 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
The symbol means nothing to me to be honest. I don't hate southerners, I'm not biased against them. I know there were two sides and a variety of issues in the Civil War and different people have their own viewpoint of the issues and what that war was actually about.

Old 03-14-2008, 10:21 AM

223 posts, read 496,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Many View Post

HOW DOES THIS SYMBOL MAKE YOU FEEL?

When you see this Symbol, what comes to mind? What are your first thoughts? Why do you think that? Please stay on topic.. and no Personal Attacks, keep this about the symbol and not about the person responding.
the civil war, I feel that all the guys that died in that war, fought for what they tough was right( Both Sides ) and now we are in dire straits with the politicians of today treating us like were second class citizens,& dumb A--'s and they died in vain. All of them,

Old 03-14-2008, 06:30 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post

When you see this Symbol, what comes to mind? What are your first thoughts? Why do you think that? Please stay on topic.. and no Personal Attacks, keep this about the symbol and not about the person responding.
That is the symbol of our ancestors who fought and died for states rights and lost. That means that babies get murdered, no prayer in school, and now we have men and women who don't know which sex they are, because they want to marry someone of their own sex. Most four year olds know which sex they are. The war of right and wrong is still being fought, most people just don't know it. The North thought it was their job to tell the South how to live then and they are still doing it. We must be a better part of the country though because everybody seems to want to move here.

Make fun of and degrade they neighbor seems to be the rule for a lot of the new people. Maybe they can learn how to be courteous and tolerant by the example they find when they get here. Unfortunately it goes the other way most of the time. As when the civil war started, there is a place where tolerance ends.

Last edited by NCN; 03-14-2008 at 06:52 PM..

Old 03-14-2008, 07:26 PM

1,240 posts, read 3,970,709 times
Quote:

Confederacy, white supremacy.

Old 03-14-2008, 07:32 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,135,786 times
Quote:

It reminds me of thy symbol that stood for slavery, racism, and the fight to keep both.

Old 03-14-2008, 08:16 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,956,511 times
Any one here seen the movie Glory Road?

Tell me the flag was not waved just a few years back to express Hate toward Don Haskins and his mostly African American Team? And don't tell me it was a select few in the south that felt that way either. It was not that long ago, a Man had to stand at a podium and give a Speech "I HAVE A DREAM" if this was just a civil war problem, it sure has taken you southerners a long time to let go... and move forward. Many of you still live in the past, and I think this flag grounds you to that hate fill past.

Old 03-14-2008, 08:39 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
I think the problem was the jealousy the North had of the South more than hate that the South had for the North. We had a better life then and we still have a better life and we will always have a better life. That flag is just a part of history. We lost the war, but our family values are still with us.

Beyond history, that flag has no significance. So to dislike the flag is really one who is living in the past.

Last edited by NCN; 03-14-2008 at 09:15 PM..

Old 03-15-2008, 01:59 AM

3,689 posts, read 10,418,690 times
Quote:

Someone expressing their first ammendment rights. I do not personaly like that flag, but hey... Its America, and we have the right.

Old 03-15-2008, 05:20 AM

223 posts, read 496,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post
Someone expressing their first ammendment rights. I do not personaly like that flag, but hey... Its America, and we have the right.

OR THE LEFT. he he he.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies