Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 04:38 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,461,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Just thought I'd mention that.

The MSM doesn't seem to want to.

e.g.: Governor apologizes after prostitution link - Politics - MSNBC.com

N.Y. Times: New York governor linked to prostitution - CNN.com (http://edition.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/03/10/spitzer.ap/index.html - broken link)

Well at least the horny Democrat politicians are also hetero.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2008, 04:40 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
The Democrats aren't the ones that try to get the far right wing religious votes by talking about "family values" etc. all the time. Maybe THAT is why people bring it up if a Republican is linked with drugs, male call boys etc.
Who was it again that was foaming at the mouth when Clinton's affair with Monica Lewinski went public?
No, the Democrats and their toadies are the ones trying to paint the Republicans as hypocrites and demanding their resignations when scandals like this crop up. Everyone hold your breath waiting for a Dem to call for Spitzer's pink slip.

Interesting how Monica's servicing of Bill has qualified Hillary for the Presidency. All that "experience", dontcha know.

Old 03-10-2008, 04:52 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
Most Democrats do not engage in moral high road crap like Republicans do. And most of the time when the Democrats do mess around it is with an adult woman and not a little boy in the bathroom stall at the airport!

Old 03-10-2008, 04:56 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,120,494 times
Excellent point, katzenfreund, and I believe the Gov. is going to resign today or has already.

Pity he liked sex as much as politics. Combined they often cause explosions.

Quote:
The Democrats aren't the ones that try to get the far right wing religious votes by talking about "family values" etc. all the time. Maybe THAT is why people bring it up if a Republican is linked with drugs, male call boys etc.
Who was it again that was foaming at the mouth when Clinton's affair with Monica Lewinski went public?

Old 03-10-2008, 04:57 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,508,748 times
And Prince Eliot pretended to be so high and mighty. I guess trying to shove driver licenses for illegals down everyone's throats has caught up to him. What a jerk.

Old 03-10-2008, 05:05 PM

5,168 posts, read 11,438,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
No, the Democrats and their toadies are the ones trying to paint the Republicans as hypocrites and demanding their resignations when scandals like this crop up. Everyone hold your breath waiting for a Dem to call for Spitzer's pink slip.

Interesting how Monica's servicing of Bill has qualified Hillary for the Presidency. All that "experience", dontcha know.
I wouldn't vote for Hillary, for various reasons, but what exactly would Bill Clinton's relationship with Monica Lewinski have to do with her? I highly doubt she approved.

And maybe some of Republican ARE hypocrites for talking one way, and acting another... we have seen several recent examples. I have yet to see a Democrat that runs on the family value and morality platform.

forum rules, please read them

Old 03-10-2008, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Most Democrats do not engage in moral high road crap like Republicans do. And most of the time when the Democrats do mess around it is with an adult woman and not a little boy in the bathroom stall at the airport!
Oh, yes. The crap of the moral high road. LOL

How interesting that one would salute prostitution and simultaneously see fit to make up falsehoods about child abuse that did not occur -- unless that "little boy" was an undercover police officer.

A page from the DNC playbook: never let the facts get in the way of debunking the moral high road crap.

ROFLMMFAO

Old 03-10-2008, 05:08 PM

5,168 posts, read 11,438,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Excellent point, katzenfreund, and I believe the Gov. is going to resign today or has already.

Pity he liked sex as much as politics. Combined they often cause explosions.

I wonder if it's all those hormones in the drinking water that is causing people to think with the wrong body part

forum rules, please read them

Old 03-10-2008, 05:09 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,120,494 times
You're twisting in the wind, Yeladaf, and all the laughing ain't gunna help ya when the storm hits.

The facts about who is messing 'round D.C. are as clear as the new day's sun, and it is rarely a Democrat, but was Clinton, and he ain't the party or the people, just another guy with a big ego...like so many in the Capitol or even away from the Capitol.

Old 03-10-2008, 05:09 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't vote for Hillary, for various reasons, but what exactly would Bill Clinton's relationship with Monica Lewinski have to do with her? I highly doubt she approved.
Why, that constitutes the bulk of her vaunted "experience" in the WH. It is also the true raison d'etre of her campaign. How we owe her for the years of embarrassment she endured, etc.

Quote:
And maybe some of Republican ARE hypocrites for talking one way, and acting another... we have seen several recent examples. I have yet to see a Democrat that runs on the family value and morality platform.
Perhaps that's because, like Governor Spitzer, they haven't a clue as to what that might mean...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies