Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 07:38 AM

37,795 posts, read 40,994,120 times

Advertisements

The Mueller hires:

Swamp Fights Back: Mueller Hires Clinton Foundation Lawyer for Russia Probe - Breitbart

I think Mueller should be fired. Let the lefties go wild in the streets again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2017, 07:38 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,999,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
President Trump, DRAIN THE SWAMP, FIRE MUELLER!! WITCH HUNT. IT IS A SET UP.!
I don't think it's possible to find anyone who has no historical ties to anyone with the "Chops" to head this investigation.
I'm for seeing how this pans out, if little to nothing is found it will be a very,very bad day for the Democrats at election time as it should be.

If wrongdoing is found then GREAT! It's time to root out the corrupt,crooked and hyper-partisans that will do anything in the name of their party...

Old 06-13-2017, 07:48 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,997,862 times
President Trump donated to the Democratic party.

Some of the individuals on the team also donated to Republican parties.

And your point?

Old 06-13-2017, 07:52 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,440,051 times
He needs to go, ASAP. This is a setup. He's a Democrat hitman. He should never have been appointed to begin with due to his cozy relationship with Comey.

Old 06-13-2017, 07:53 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,653,338 times
First off, I'm not going to click on your link because it is from Breitbart. Sorry, no can do. But, there is another thread going about Mueller hiring *some* attorneys that have made small donations to either a democratic candidate or party many years ago. You do know that Donald Trump has also donated to liberal organizations, right?

My point is, it doesn't mean anything. This country is made up of partisan people. You are either Dem, Rep, Independent, Libertarian, Green, etc.

So I have a few questions to ask:

1. Do you believe that an experienced criminal investigator who happens to have contributed to a democrat or the DNC is going to "make up" evidence to make some of Trump's administration, campaign workers, or Trump himself be accused of a crime? Would you do that?

2. If Mueller hires only republican-friendly attorneys to investigate, taking into consideration, question #1, do you believe these republican-minded attorneys would suppress, destroy, or hide criminal evidence found against Trump or his administration because they happen to like Republicans having control at this time? Would YOU do that?

This is probably the third right-wing outrage post over Mueller's attorney hirings? What do you want the man to do? It sounds like you ONLY want Republicans hired. In your mind, how does that logically work?

Don't you think the attorney team should be a mix of people? I do? So, if Mueller hires NOTHING BUT democrat friendly attorneys, I would probably raise an eyebrow. It's like picking a jury. The team should be well-rounded.

I get that there are corrupt people and we have to watch out for that, but I always try to put myself in the position of "What Would I Do" if I were on that team. I am clearly not for Trump, but if the evidence wasn't there, I would not make it up or make something of nothing. I can separate those feelings.

I'm guessing that a lot of posters here cannot. Again, I have to ask: if the shoe was on the other foot and you were investigating the Russian meddling in a democratic win, as a republican would you make up stuff to make sure that the president is impeached?

Old 06-13-2017, 07:54 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Bad optics at least.

7,447 posts, read 2,830,901 times
Do it! I dare ya!

13,899 posts, read 6,440,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
First off, I'm not going to click on your link because it is from Breitbart. Sorry, no can do. But, there is another thread going about Mueller hiring *some* attorneys that have made small donations to either a democratic candidate or party many years ago. You do know that Donald Trump has also donated to liberal organizations, right?

My point is, it doesn't mean anything. This country is made up of partisan people. You are either Dem, Rep, Independent, Libertarian, Green, etc.

So I have a few questions to ask:

1. Do you believe that an experienced criminal investigator who happens to have contributed to a democrat or the DNC is going to "make up" evidence to make some of Trump's administration, campaign workers, or Trump himself be accused of a crime? Would you do that?

2. If Mueller hires only republican-friendly attorneys to investigate, taking into consideration, question #1, do you believe these republican-minded attorneys would suppress, destroy, or hide criminal evidence found against Trump or his administration because they happen to like Republicans having control at this time? Would YOU do that?

This is probably the third right-wing outrage post over Mueller's attorney hirings? What do you want the man to do? It sounds like you ONLY want Republicans hired. In your mind, how does that logically work?

Don't you think the attorney team should be a mix of people? I do? So, if Mueller hires NOTHING BUT democrat friendly attorneys, I would probably raise an eyebrow. It's like picking a jury. The team should be well-rounded.

I get that there are corrupt people and we have to watch out for that, but I always try to put myself in the position of "What Would I Do" if I were on that team. I am clearly not for Trump, but if the evidence wasn't there, I would not make it up or make something of nothing. I can separate those feelings.

I'm guessing that a lot of poster here cannot. Again, I have to ask: if the shoe was on the other foot and you were investigating the Russian meddling in a democratic win, as a republican would you make up stuff to make sure that the president is impeached?

lmao. He should never have been appointed to begin with due to his relationship with Comey.

Old 06-13-2017, 07:56 AM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,620,272 times
I am wondering if this could be a conflict of interest for that particular lawyer. What if the evidence takes them toward the Clintons and their questionable practices?

Last edited by NCN; 06-13-2017 at 08:23 AM..

Old 06-13-2017, 07:59 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
If Mueller had the integrity every claims he has, he would have never accepted the appointment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies