Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 06:33 AM

1,805 posts, read 2,368,619 times

Advertisements

...they’re still voting Republican.

Quote:
In an area that stands to lose a lot of health coverage under the GOP’s American Health Care Act, the silence does not equal endorsement. It is a sign, instead, of disappointment setting in among a group of conservative voters who only months ago were bubbling with hope for Donald Trump’s health care plan.

The uninsured rate here in this rural swath of southeastern Kentucky has plummeted faster under the Affordable Care Act than any other area in the country. I visited the area last winter and talked to Obamacare enrollees who voted for Trump. They expected the president to repeal the law and replace it with something much better. “That man has a head for business,” one enrollee told me. “He will absolutely do his best to change things.”
Quote:
But Oller doesn’t regret her vote for Trump — “I don’t have regrets,” she says plainly — and she trusts that Rogers, whom she has also voted for, knows what he’s doing. She gets most her news from his weekly emails to constituents; she cites his arguments for why the law needs to be repealed.
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...cky-trump-ahca

"Voting for this party has made my life dramatically worse, but I'll still do it again next time because immigrants!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2017, 06:37 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,857,927 times
I'm not surprised, look at some of the diehards we have on this forum. Literally, Trump COULD shoot someone on 5th Avenue, and they would say he had it coming. We see it daily on here.

Trump can be poisoning the water and air their children drink and breathe, and they would be fine with it, so I am not surprised at the people you mention in your post.

Old 06-16-2017, 01:44 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,804,194 times
Trump calls House version of health care bill "mean" - CBS News

I wonder what part of it he thinks is mean? The fact that 23 million American's will go uncovered or that not more will go uncovered? You've got some splaining to do Trumpie.

Old 06-16-2017, 02:01 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,725,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
...they’re still voting Republican.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...cky-trump-ahca

"Voting for this party has made my life dramatically worse, but I'll still do it again next time because immigrants!"
And this is why I have no sympathy for them. If they voted to lose their own health coverage, then they cannot complain that they lost their health coverage. Full stop. I have health coverage. I voted to support those that gained it to continue to receive it even if it's at a cost to me. But these Trump supporters voted to lose it so, no longer my problem. And that's how I feel about all of Trump supporting Appalachia and the Rust Belt. They got what they voted for - no sympathies and no health care.

Old 06-16-2017, 02:03 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,100,635 times
Obamacare is awful, Republicans who obstruct getting rid of it will likely be identified and primaried out in 2018.

Old 06-16-2017, 02:05 PM

727 posts, read 390,838 times
No doubt there are some Trump fans who are loyal to the death, even if it's their own. And there are some antagonists who play Trump loyalists just to get a rise out of people.

To the former, I really wonder what they actually know. Survival is a primal instinct and if you have no health care and no money to afford to keep yourself in good health, living could be a challenge. I cannot understand why they refuse to stop for a minute and look into the claims the Pubs version of health care will hurt them and help the rich donors. All one has to do is open your mind long enough to take it all in and then decide for yourself.

Old 06-16-2017, 02:08 PM

65 posts, read 33,612 times
When i couldn't go back to work i got Obamacare and then I had to switch health insurance because Anthem opted out of Obamacare. And this November my Obamacare might drop out. A few counties next to me dropped out of Obamacare.

It's ridiculous all these experience Polticians cannot come up with a plan for good healthcare.

Obamacare doesn't last.

Old 06-16-2017, 03:04 PM

25,573 posts, read 56,502,335 times
Blame the Republicans for the defunding and accelerated demise of the ACA and refusal to cooperate w/Dems in fixing the flaws.

Old 06-16-2017, 03:18 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
And Republican CD posters can't get enough of asking black voters "what do the Democrats do for you?"

Mind your business and ask these white folks questions about THEIR vote.

Old 06-16-2017, 03:21 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,654,666 times
VOX?

Founder tweeted this week that "Republicans Are Getting What They Want" in regards to the shooting.

Vox Co-Founder Tweets After Congressman Shot: 'Republicans Are Getting What They Want'

/thread
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies