Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 11:21 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,227,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
That's exactly what was said after all online polls showed people felt Trump won the first debate with Clinton. People couldn't believe anyone felt that way. But I think the results speak for themselves.
An. Online. Poll. Cannot. Be. Trusted.

There is no rules or regulations on the poll and let's face it, even when compared to real polls, there's even less of a bar for entry.

For clarity, in this poll that OP is talking about, I easily voted in it twice. The poll literally means nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2017, 11:24 AM

18,741 posts, read 7,620,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Is this just the most amazing thing? Dems lied and lied and lied about the Russian fairy tale and they want to impeach him based on their lies. People understand full well what Democrats are up too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
You say that as if you actually KNOW. You don't, you're assuming. And your assumptions are biased.
He has far more evidence to assume that, than you have to assume any of the lies were true.

Quote:
Let the investigation run it's course and THEN we'll see what happens
Sounds good. Too bad so many Democrats are frantically jumping to their (biased) conclusions and declaring Trump guilty so far BEFORE the investigation has run its course.

Democrats are intellectually bankrupt. The have no proof or evidence that anything they say is true... but all they can do is call for investigations and then criticize others for expressing their opinions before those investigations are done.

It's the only way they have to stifle their opponents' speech ("You can't say that until after the investigations we demanded, are concluded!!!")... and so it's the only thing they can find to do. They have nothing else.

Old 06-21-2017, 11:25 AM

727 posts, read 390,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Yes, I know it isn't scientific but for CNN to even put the poll up they must have been so sure of the response they would get from their own audience. Wrong.
CNN is a corporation. Corporations are about profit. Media profits by increasing viewership or readership. Anything about Trump today is money in the media's pockets. The more controversial you can be, the more money rolls in.

CNN could care less about the results of a poll. All they care about is increasing viewership and readership. They take that and sell it to their advertisers. Cha-ching.

Limbaugh jumped on the money-making bandwagon like everyone else in that business does today. While they make money, we get all worked up about what they say and do, and that's just what they want.

Old 06-21-2017, 11:30 AM

18,741 posts, read 7,620,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimChi2PG View Post
CNN could care less about the results of a poll. All they care about is increasing viewership and readership. They take that and sell it to their advertisers. Cha-ching.
As CNN continues to spread fibs, unfounded rumors, and anonymous reports, their viewership and readership has been steadily going DOWN for years. Yet they keep doing it.

It's becoming increasingly clear that they are more interested in ideology (however failed) than in "increasing viewership and readership".

Take THAT and sell it to your advertisers.

(No more Cha-ching... )

Old 06-21-2017, 11:44 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,450,477 times
Quote:
As a liberal, there is nothing more I'd like to see than Trump to go down.

However, as a reasonable person, I will wait until the investigation is over.

If there is evidence, Trump should be charged. Trimp supporters will be forced to eat crow. If there is no evidence, liberals need to eat crow and let it go.

Is that fair?
The POTUS cannot be indicted while serving in office.

Old 06-21-2017, 12:22 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
An. Online. Poll. Cannot. Be. Trusted.

There is no rules or regulations on the poll and let's face it, even when compared to real polls, there's even less of a bar for entry.

For clarity, in this poll that OP is talking about, I easily voted in it twice. The poll literally means nothing.

The one here was spot on for the election results. I mean right on the money how it turned out.
Everyones post was, "I want Trump to win, but I know Hillary will be the President".

Old 06-21-2017, 12:28 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,114,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post

Democrats are intellectually bankrupt. The have no proof or evidence that anything they say is true... but all they can do is call for investigations and then criticize others for expressing their opinions before those investigations are done.
Well, Michael Flynn did resign as NSA Director due to Russia ties. That actually happened, that's not fake news.

Roger Stone, Trump's former adviser, did admit to having contact with a Russian hacker. That actually happened, that's not fake news.

Jeff Sessions declined to answer questions under oath about meeting with Russian officials last year. That actually happened, that's not fake news.

After the FBI Director failed to grant his request of "letting it go" (The Flynn investigation), Trump fired Jim Comey, because "of the Russia thing."

Do any of us, Democrats or Republicans, have all the answers? No. That's why there is a formal investigation underway. But to say that there are no signs at all of possible wrong-doing...that's just silly.

Old 06-21-2017, 12:33 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Quote:
As a liberal, there is nothing more I'd like to see than Trump to go down.

However, as a reasonable person, I will wait until the investigation is over.

If there is evidence, Trump should be charged. Trimp supporters will be forced to eat crow. If there is no evidence, liberals need to eat crow and let it go.

Is that fair?
Noted Liberal Alan Dershowitz, has articulated the legal point that even if Trump picked up the phone, called Putin in person and said "lets coordinate our efforts to defeat Hillary" and Putin and Trump then concluded such an agreement, there is nothing in that that is illegal.

Now, I had never heard such a view, but this is his legal opinion... He states there is nothing at all in the US Code that deals with such an situation. There is no crime for coordinating with some foreign group.

I personally do not believe there is any evidence at all that there was collusion.

Old 06-21-2017, 12:43 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,114,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Noted Liberal Alan Dershowitz, has articulated the legal point that even if Trump picked up the phone, called Putin in person and said "lets coordinate our efforts to defeat Hillary" and Putin and Trump then concluded such an agreement, there is nothing in that that is illegal.

Now, I had never heard such a view, but this is his legal opinion... He states there is nothing at all in the US Code that deals with such an situation. There is no crime for coordinating with some foreign group.

I personally do not believe there is any evidence at all that there was collusion.

Fair enough, agree to disagree.

Old 06-21-2017, 12:45 PM

404 posts, read 193,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
CNN’s latest unscientific poll asked more than 3 million people: “Should Trump be investigated for obstruction of justice?” As of Tuesday afternoon, only 33.6 percent said “yes” and twice as many – a whopping 66.4 percent – said “no.” Reacting to the CNN poll landslide Tuesday, talk-radio star Rush Limbaugh said: “Can you imagine when CNN staffers saw the results of their poll? I guarantee you that’s the last thing they thought that they would see.”

CNN Trump-hater poll has shocking result for network

Oops! 70% of CNN Poll Say Trump Should Not Be Investigated for Obstruction of Justice

https://theduran.com/cnn-looks-stupi...r-obstruction/

CNN Tries To Conduct Online Trump-Hater Poll, But Turns Out To Be Landslide Of Support For President | Daily Wire

Yes, I know it isn't scientific but for CNN to even put the poll up they must have been so sure of the response they would get from their own audience. Wrong.
Notice how CNN is changing it's tone ever so slightly now. When would we have thought of ever reading about an attack on a airport security guard , as seen today, with CNN reporting the attacker reportedly shouted something in arabic during the incident. Not even FOX News mentioned anything in this regard.

Also, CNN is backing off overt criticism of Trump lately. This Trump guy, he is a force of nature. No doubt about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies