Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should women be allowed to legally revoke sexual consent during sex that began consensual?
Yes, women should be allowed to. 102 80.95%
No, once woman consents, the man should be able to keep on going until he's finished 24 19.05%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2017, 09:18 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,186,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
What would prevent someone from straight up lying to obtain consent then show his or her true colors during the act?
What exactly do you mean?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2017, 09:27 AM

6,619 posts, read 5,017,874 times
This is silly, it's the job of the courts to decide whether to convict or not, its the job of the persecutor to decide whether or not to persecute. Bottom line is if I say no stop then stop otherwise you are assaulting me, if you are penetrating me then you are raping me, it's really simple.

Old 06-24-2017, 09:32 AM

4,534 posts, read 4,934,509 times
If you initially say yes and your partner starts trying to pull off all sorts of kinky stuff you're not into you think you shouldn't have the right to say stop it?

Old 06-24-2017, 09:37 AM

25,974 posts, read 22,154,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
This is silly, it's the job of the courts to decide whether to convict or not, its the job of the persecutor to decide whether or not to persecute. Bottom line is if I say no stop then stop otherwise you are assaulting me, if you are penetrating me then you are raping me, it's really simple.
Asking the act to stop and having it continue sounds like sexual assault, but once someone has consented to sex and are involved in the act, asking them to stop is not rape. Looking at the definition of rape, consent to sexual activity was given freely, so I am not seeing asking the act to stop the act in progress as rape.

The more I think about it, the more wrong it seems. Changing your mind unless it becomes sexual assault during the act would make it awfully easy to nail someone with a rape charge, just "because".

I do wonder why this is only about women legally revoking consent, as it could easily apply to males also, along with any number of "variations" in today's world.

Last edited by AnywhereElse; 06-24-2017 at 10:12 AM..

Old 06-24-2017, 09:51 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,862,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
What would prevent someone from straight up lying to obtain consent then show his or her true colors during the act?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
What exactly do you mean?
For example, a guy tells you he's a terrific lover. You're hesitant as quite often those who claim to be terrific lovers are actually pretty terrible at it.

But he sees friendly enough, so you give it a go.

Sadly, he's inept, inexperienced, and inconsiderate.

You go for it for a while but finally decide he was lying and call the whole thing off.

Old 06-24-2017, 09:54 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,280,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
For example, a guy tells you he's a terrific lover. You're hesitant as quite often those who claim to be terrific lovers are actually pretty terrible at it.

But he sees friendly enough, so you give it a go.

Sadly, he's inept, inexperienced, and inconsiderate.

You go for it for a while but finally decide he was lying and call the whole thing off.
Based on that description around 99.99% of extra-marital, not for profit sex is covered, and applies to both genders equally.

Old 06-24-2017, 03:17 PM

6,418 posts, read 7,257,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Asking the act to stop and having it continue sounds like sexual assault, but once someone has consented to sex and are involved in the act, asking them to stop is not rape. Looking at the definition of rape, consent to sexual activity was given freely, so I am not seeing asking the act to stop the act in progress as rape.

The more I think about it, the more wrong it seems. Changing your mind unless it becomes sexual assault during the act would make it awfully easy to nail someone with a rape charge, just "because".

I do wonder why this is only about women legally revoking consent, as it could easily apply to males also, along with any number of "variations" in today's world.
No, it is rape. Say you give consent, sex starts, one partner decides they want to liven things up and do something that you don't like so you tell them to stop, but they carry on - the moment they carry on after you tell them to stop, they are raping you. To say that it is not rape gives them the green light to do whatever they want short of causing physical harm (as then it would be assault and something different) once they received initial consent to sex.

Old 06-24-2017, 03:20 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,450,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
If you initially say yes and your partner starts trying to pull off all sorts of kinky stuff you're not into you think you shouldn't have the right to say stop it?
Why are people making up all these "valid" reasons to withdraw consent?

There doesn't need to be any logical or valid reason.

Change of mind for any or no reason is all that is required from either party. End of story.

Old 06-24-2017, 04:58 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,862,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
Based on that description around 99.99% of extra-marital, not for profit sex is covered, and applies to both genders equally.
I imagine it could apply to both genders, I can't recall ever hearing of any man revoking consent in the middle of matters, and have no personal experience in the matter, so I'm unable to speak to that.

Old 06-24-2017, 05:13 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,237,534 times
I can't believe this is still even being discussed, let alone 20 a holes that support non consensual sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies