Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should women be allowed to legally revoke sexual consent during sex that began consensual?
Yes, women should be allowed to. 102 80.95%
No, once woman consents, the man should be able to keep on going until he's finished 24 19.05%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 01:05 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,099,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Technically-the law works both ways. If a woman is "approaching liftoff" the man has no more "right" to withdraw consent than the woman does. But heck, lets not let facts ruin anything.
Why doesn't a man have a right to withdraw consent whenever he chooses? He does.

No one is making that false comparison but you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2017, 01:15 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,157,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Technically-the law works both ways. If a woman is "approaching liftoff" the man has no more "right" to withdraw consent than the woman does. But heck, lets not let facts ruin anything.
Neither scenario is okay. What gives you the idea that anyone would think that's okay either?

If anyone of either gender says no at any time, and the other person of either gender refuses to stop, that qualifies as rape.

At least in 49 states.

Old 06-23-2017, 01:33 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,148,839 times
Does the ruling apply to husband-wife relationship?

My wife usually has the behavior of "No-Yes-No-Yes" for sex. When she says NO, it does not mean that she really means stop. And in fact if I really stop, I think she will be unhappy.

Even before getting married, she also had the same kind of "No-Yes-No-Yes" reaction for sex.

I would say it is quite hard for boyfriend or husband to distinguish between the soft "No" and hard "No".

Old 06-23-2017, 01:38 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,120,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Lee View Post

My wife usually has the behavior of "No-Yes-No-Yes" for sex. When she says NO, it does not mean that she really means stop. And in fact if I really stop, I think she will be unhappy.

Even before getting married, she also had the same kind of "No-Yes-No-Yes" reaction for sex.

I would say it is quite hard for boyfriend or husband to distinguish between the soft "No" and hard "No".
Soft no? Hard no? Huh?
If it's that much of a problem, accept the no. If she is unhappy, tell her she shouldn't have said no.

Old 06-23-2017, 01:39 PM

51,661 posts, read 25,896,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Lee View Post

If your partner is telling you "No" this much, you may want to consider upping your game.

Or possibly, having a conversation to find out what she means really.

Old 06-23-2017, 01:44 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,148,839 times
Should rename as "Fake NO" and "True NO".

Old 06-23-2017, 01:45 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,134,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
If your partner is telling you "No" this much, you may want to consider upping your game.

Or possibly, having a conversation to find out what she means really.
Yup. Just how bad are you Ian?

Seems there are 14 people here, who should never have sex.

Old 06-23-2017, 01:46 PM

26,009 posts, read 22,198,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlando-calrissian View Post
The law here is to prevent an individual from changing their mind on consent during sex. If he or she says no midway and the other person respects that, it's not rape. But if they continue after "no" was given, then yes it is rape.
I don't agree. It is not rape at that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
yes no yes no yes no yes no
Warning shots, grab your pants and run!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Ah Ah, make up your mind or I'll go elsewhere.
Knowing one's partner would also help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Well, in the interest of being fair to all, should a woman or a man have to complete the act just because they consented before learning/experiencing something that they would not have agreed to, if they had been informed it was part of the sexual experience to come? No matter what that something entails? Something that is not a stereotypical part of sex and would not be expected?
You aren't really up on what is considered "stereotypical part of sex" these days. "Anything goes". I can see saying no if it becomes overwhelming/violent, etc. but that becomes sexual assault, not rape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
A witnessed document signed and dated, including time and duration of offer along with a drug and alchol test required before physical contact.

Female can tap out at any time, just like wrestling or a cage match.

Some cases would be discretionary, such as if you speeded up to beat a red light or rushed thru the cautioinary yellow light. Legal argument of 'couldn't stop in time' would be judged against the video.

A video would be mandatory and serve much the same as a red light camera. Each participant and witness gets a copy.
I was telling my husband a couple weeks ago that this would be the only way to truly protect one's self when it comes to a sexual act. I suspect that is the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajo13 View Post
Or how about you just respect your partner? Crazy, right?
Many that agree to having sex don't respect the person, it has nothing to do with respect in many cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
At that point I don't consider it rape. I think it's a different sort of crime, or maybe not even a "crime" at all but something else. Maybe this is people learning that they should be more cautious with who they have sex with. That could lead to reflection and self reckoning and maybe they realize they are not living life right and are part of their own problem.

It's probably something in the middle but everyone wants to be 100% correct and the other to be 100% in the wrong so they don't have to face their own bad judgment.
That's what I think and the article did touch on that. They aren't sure what, but sexual assault was one of the choices they were looking at.

As a woman, agreeing to have sex, being involved in the act, what should be my expectations to what should happen? I haven't said "no" to the sex, but I change my mind and say "no" in the middle, no real reason, I'm bored, it doesn't immediately stop and I call "rape". Some women like it rough. Some like rape scenarios. Yep, that's the world we live in. Lots of people have sex with people they barely know.

Sexual freedom has a price, be willing to pay it no matter what your gender.

Not rape. Possibly sexual assault if it is rough. I know someone now going through a trial with rape as the issue, interesting and glad it isn't me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Yeah, I know.

Which woman wants to sleep with a guy who only wants to "finish"? lol

To me, the no means no argument is basically this, A woman or man may withdraw consent during sex because the sex has become too rough or uncomfortable for their liking.
Agree and if it continues it is sexual assault, just not rape.

What a world, what a world!

Old 06-23-2017, 01:47 PM

7,364 posts, read 6,544,213 times
My concern, and the reason I can neither vote yes nor no, is what constitutes revoking consent? I'm concerned that any explicit law may word it in such a way as to make it retroactive, meaning she says yes, they start, she says no, then even if the guy withdraws immediately, it legally becomes rape.

Old 06-23-2017, 01:47 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,231,091 times
What? Yes.

If someone told me to stop in the middle of it, I'd stop. Because what sort of person would keep going?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies