Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should women be allowed to legally revoke sexual consent during sex that began consensual?
Yes, women should be allowed to. 102 80.95%
No, once woman consents, the man should be able to keep on going until he's finished 24 19.05%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 05:57 PM

51,690 posts, read 25,958,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Of course. But she has to say it, not think it(no next day regrets) and "hurry up and finish already!" doesn't count.
If your partner is telling you to "Hurry up and finish already," something has gone awry.

Too funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2017, 05:57 PM

39,341 posts, read 27,744,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Unfortunately, they are out there and men are in prison because they unknowingly picked a whacko to ****.

For women who are truly preyed upon, i.e., held down and ****ed against their will, I nevertheless have to be the jury spoiler.

Far too many men have been sent to prison because this country's rape laws have been hijacked by men haters.
yeah.. unfortunately, dating people involves risk.

I have two big brothers (very handsome ones too), and I have three baby nephews and one cute godson (they are 6 years old) , I think men, just like women need equal protection.

Rape cases are very difficult to prove in court. A woman claiming RAPE will be asked to undergo a rape kit to collect evidence of the attack. Forcing anything can cause tearing, etc, which will be documented. Not all rapes have tearing, so that is not definitive, but it is a step. She will be asked to repeat her story, as will you, on numerous occasions.

Long time ago, my older brother dated a single mother who had a very young baby girl daughter. She always wanted my brother to babysit. I ended up babysitting her instead because I love my brother and you can figure out the reason why I wanted to babysit for her..

You really need to know the person you associate with. Unfortunately, Nothing can protect you from a false accusation. Just be careful.

Old 06-23-2017, 06:17 PM

5,302 posts, read 2,364,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
...we consented to not being able to say no to any form of sex, even if it is something we would not have agreed to if we knew it was on the table before it started and would not have gone forward, as part of the social contract?

Interesting. I'd love to see the logic that went into this specific example holding as a part of a civilized society.
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
"Without markets and the government, the “anything between two consenting adults” morality to which the majority of the elite subscribes would be impossible; " https://bluntobject.wordpress.com/20...cial-contract/

Is this the general notion that you are talking about? Can consent never be revoked, then? I would think it would have to be consent from start to finish to have this application or else it's not always two consenting adults
I wasn't being serious...just a joke to mock how people use the social contract to say non-consensual activities are actually consensual. I don't consent to a lot of things that are forced on me, but people try to tell me I have by not moving.

So yes, I do believe men or women should be allowed to revoke consent during sex, but obviously not after. It can get a little more complicated when it comes to real contracts, like if I signed something saying some person could have sex with me whenever they want for the next year, and then after a few months I change my mind...but that's sort of over-complicating things for the point of this topic.

Old 06-23-2017, 06:18 PM

39,341 posts, read 27,744,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
I wasn't being serious...just a joke to mock how people use the social contract to say non-consensual activities are actually consensual. I don't consent to a lot of things, but people tell me I have by not moving away.

So yes, I do believe men or women should be allowed to revoke consent during sex, but obviously not after. It can get a little more complicated when it comes to real contracts, like if I signed something saying some person could have sex with me whenever they want for the next year, and then after a few months I change my mind...but that's sort of over-complicating things for the point of this topic.
The bold is a very important point. Basically, don't change a story afterward.

Old 06-23-2017, 06:27 PM

5,302 posts, read 2,364,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
The bold is a very important point. Basically, don't change a story afterward.
Yep, exactly. That goes for any type of physical interaction I think. If you're boxing, both people have to consent, and if one person says "stop, I'm done" and the other one keeps hitting them, it's no longer boxing. It starts to become assault. If you get to the end of the match, shake hands, and then one person says they never consented and charge the opponent with assault, that's ridiculous.

Old 06-23-2017, 06:34 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,908,224 times
I think that anyone should be allowed to say no at any point.
Yes sometimes we cross paths with psychos. Best figure that out before you start bedding them.

Old 06-23-2017, 06:53 PM

22,688 posts, read 24,703,153 times
Definitely, any time she can stop the action, no means NO!!!!

And if she has regrets about the "consensual-rendezvous", a claim of rape is totally justified.

Old 06-23-2017, 07:03 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,908,224 times
Maybe I have led a sheltered life, but no woman I have ever been with has ever changed her mind half way thru. Nor have I guilted, forced or imposed my will on a woman to get between her thighs.

Old 06-23-2017, 07:07 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,151,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
So why don't you ask? Find out exactly what this behavior is about?

You're assuming that when she says no, she really means yes. What if your assumption is wrong? Do you really get off on the idea that she might just putting up with you?
We never talked about sex even if sometimes I started the inquiry, she would change the topic. But so far I can tell that she enjoys quality sex. I guess the answer for her fake NO may be one of the following:

(1) Before marriage, she wanted to show that she was not that easy going on sex with any guy.
(2) After marriage, she enjoys being treasured as a precious human being that demands the partner to beg and pamper.
(3) I can tell that when her attitude changes from NO to YES during sex, she enjoys being the winner and giver of favor.

After all, I would say it is a game of give and take which we both enjoy it.

IMO if a girl really wants to say NO, the most effective way of expressing it is a slap on the guy's cheek.

Old 06-23-2017, 07:32 PM

8,446 posts, read 4,772,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Definitely, any time she can stop the action, no means NO!!!!

And if she has regrets about the "consensual-rendezvous", a claim of rape is totally justified.
Is there a typo in the bolded somewhere or are you bloody insane?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies