Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 03:23 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,648,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
^^^This. I just cannot believe people would think that it is ok for the President to resort to name calling. It is just truly unbelievable to have a President with the metal capacity of a 5 year old and even more unbelievable that people are ok with that!!
But you were OK with Hillary Clinton doing it?

And unlike Trump, she called millions of Americans names.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2017, 03:24 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,546,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Right on JAMS14 I grew being taught ( and this has nothing to do with "Political Correctness" ) don't ridicule and say nothing in public that reflects ignorance. Why? Because, such talk says more about you than the one who may have a beef with!!! Sure.. vent privately .. BUT POTUS needs to shut down his Twitter Account!!

Unfortunately, Trump, as the con-man he is spreads lies and speaks in simple outlandish single or slurred 2-3 syllable words so the one's hanging on his every word can understand it. In my whole life, I have never heard any leader of any Country ( and that includes Dictatorships, Authoritarian and Oligarchy led ones) that trash talks other Countries leaders. They may suggest or indicate displeasure.. BUT "Name Calling" and strait up stating outright lies in order to ridicule...NOPE!!

The difference in what Trump does is juvenile because he bullies, not just outsiders, but is unable to negotiate with " Non-YES" people within his own Country! I thought his claim to fame was " Art of the Deal" and his historical legacy has proven it only works IF you can outlast monetarily those who sue you, or pay off those who can smooth the path to defang any lawsuits ( Florida AG as a prime example in Trump U Case) ! He cannot do that with non-Partisan lifetime ethical public sector Government workers no matter what branch!!!

Trump's swamp dwellers have pledged their allegiance to him ( not the Country) so he somehow believes he can get away with anything now! Unfortunately for him.. Many of his swamp dwellers ( including his own Family Business members included in high office positions) will do so much damage to the progress made post Civil Rights Laws of the '60's.. I doubt most in my age bracket will recognize the USA when Trump Presidency ends At least, due to Constitution and Separation of Powers he will eventually be held accountable .. At least I pray it does!!
A better point is...Why do you care? You are a Canadian who lives in Canada. How Trump chooses to live his life doesn't effect your life.

Old 06-25-2017, 03:28 PM

10,535 posts, read 6,172,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You are looking for the word Deplorable. It didn't work for Hillary as argument either.

(I give you a gold star for trying)
Thats right. Name calling didnt work for Hillary. She realised what she said and apologised for it.

And it doesn't work for Trump. It demeans the office of President of the United States. As a 72 year old man its time he grew up and stopped acting like a juvenile and respected his office.

Trump has never apologised.

Old 06-25-2017, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post

And it doesn't work for Trump. It demeans the office of President of the United States.
Trump seems to be doing quite fine with me. Calling out a lying hypocritical do nothing politician like Elizabeth Warren doesn't bother me at all.

The fact of the matter, because Trump said what he said, we are here talking about it. That would never happen with the same old same old. Pocahontas is exposed as the fraud that she is. Trump knows how to use the media to his advantage and this is more of it.

Old 06-25-2017, 03:34 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Obama did it. Did you have a problem with him?
I supported very little of what Obama did.

Old 06-25-2017, 03:40 PM

17,347 posts, read 11,293,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Thats right. Name calling didnt work for Hillary. She realised what she said and apologised for it.

And it doesn't work for Trump. It demeans the office of President of the United States. As a 72 year old man its time he grew up and stopped acting like a juvenile and respected his office.

Trump has never apologised.
True, so Hillary instead of name calling resorted to having the debate questions given to her ahead of time so she could practice and memorize the perfect answers. That's much more mature. It actually reminds me of junior high school.

Old 06-25-2017, 03:40 PM

4,314 posts, read 4,000,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
Not even a comparison to Trump. It's a insult to compare anything but a child to Trump. Even to some children it's a insult.
Trump never claimed to be an Indian chief .

Old 06-25-2017, 03:42 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,619,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post
Trump never claimed to be an Indian chief .
Who claimed to be an Indian chief (and don't say Warren, as she never claimed that)?

Old 06-25-2017, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Who claimed to be an Indian chief (and don't say Warren, as she never claimed that)?
Warren claimed to be a Cherokee Native American. She did this to score a position reserved for minorities. She Lied.

Old 06-25-2017, 03:45 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,619,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Warren claimed to be a Cherokee Native American. She did this to score a position reserved for minorities. She Lied.
First off, you have no proof she isn't at least 1/32 Cherokee.

Second off, Harvard has stated that her ethnicity was NOT considered in her hiring.

So I guess you are calling Harvard liars then.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies