Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 12:28 AM

3,006 posts, read 1,500,580 times

Advertisements

His career is talking. Listening costs extra.

Old 06-26-2017, 09:13 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,926,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
It's a shame it didn't cause him to lose his voice instead.
I heard his radio show once or twice and then stopped listening…… I guess my hearing loss of his show improved my life after all; so not all hearing loss is bad. Everything else sounds great!

Old 06-26-2017, 10:28 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,819,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
rush is still taking pain meds for a medical issue that causes him severe pain daily. oxycontin dulled the pain enough to let him go through life in as normal a manner as possible. and yes there is an operation that can end the pain, but there is the distinct possibility that if he goes through the operation he could lose his voice due to how the operation would have to proceed. he has decided that until he decides to retire, he will deal with the pain though medication.
I sure don't know what is pain is from but I live with pain from arthritis and DON'T want more surgeries, hip replacement was bad enough with 3 complications that I live with.

Taking OFF extra weight is a gift to our body and joints. Need I say more.

I would not spend my good hearing on listening to him.

Old 06-26-2017, 10:31 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,068,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
We've been talking about Cochlear Implants on the H&W area and I was telling them
my adult daughter went thru sudden hearing loss (SHL) and her loss was from a
cocktail of drugs including vicodin. Then someone mentioned Rush L and his hearing
loss and blamed it on years of being on the radio blah blah..

I heard about his pain pill addiction years ago. What say YOU.

Did popping painkillers make Rush lose his hearing? - Salon.com
My daughter is profoundly deaf, and has a cochlear implant. She was born with it.

Others that I know of have lost their hearing as adults for no discernible reason. Don't be so quick to blame. Is Rush's from his painkiller issues? Maybe. But until we hear someone say it is, I wouldn't be quick to assume.

Old 06-26-2017, 10:34 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,876,922 times
My tinnitus tells me my ears are still working more or less. A couple of years spent in Navy diesel engine ships engine rooms and some close gunfire in 'Nam pretty much did in my hearing.

Too bad Limpjaw has hearing problems but it should not make much difference. He never listened to reason.

Old 06-26-2017, 10:37 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,124,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Vicodin damages the cochlea in the ear. Anyone who has chronic ringing in the ears has similar damage. It's a nerve problem, not so much physical damage.
Tinnitus is not necessarily the result of nerve damage (in fact, most cases have no known cause), I have Otosclerosis in my right ear with occasional tinnitus yet there is relatively little nerve damage according to my ENT. In fact, the tinnitus has actually gotten better over time since I was diagnosed. I've been told that having the surgical procedure to fix the bone growth from Otosclerosis could potentially eliminate the tinnitus entirely (well to what a person would normally experience anyhow).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies