Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 07:15 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
You need to try Google some day. You might be pleasantly surprised to find all that information your fingertips.
Your answer is not helpful. If you aren't interested in a meaningful discussion, please go somewhere else.

There's only one place the rich can keep their money outside of the economy: in their back yard. For a rich person who has billions of dollars, that person would need a HUGE back yard.

Please name one rich person who actually does that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2017, 07:19 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Repeat after me ~ employees are consumers. We are a consumer society.

Old 06-26-2017, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Yes, I was just going to go there. Also, we have what is called, "The Poverty Industry" which I try to remind people of when they ask about ending poverty, too many wealthy would suffer, so it would never happen: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poverty_industry

I am not a Democrat, but was and this thread makes me remember why I was not a Republican.
Poverty industry? Have ever considered the fact that the poor may actually NEED those services?

Anybody with a right mind should be a Republican or at least a libertarian.

Quote:
If I recall correctly, most that get food stamps recipients have jobs that don't pay enough to allow them to buy groceries. Of course, the employers paying them these wages count on the taxpayers to supply them with food and often housing so that they can reap maximum profits. Then the argument is, they should get an education, but someone has to do these jobs and the business owners don't want to pay them more and say that will drive up the prices, the lower prices being paid by all of those being critical of the very people that make those lower prices they pay at the retail store, the restaurant, the child care center, etc. possible.
Why can't they choose to work for jobs that pay more? Did anybody force them to work for jobs that they don't pay enough?

Quote:
If "ignorance is bliss", this thread is the "icing on the cake"!
Who is the ignorant here? Really?

Old 06-26-2017, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Your answer is not helpful. If you aren't interested in a meaningful discussion, please go somewhere else.

There's only one place the rich can keep their money outside of the economy: in their back yard. For a rich person who has billions of dollars, that person would need a HUGE back yard.

Please name one rich person who actually does that.
Investments. Duh.

Old 06-26-2017, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Wow, just wow. Really unbelievable. I guess this shows how the Trump cult "respects" Trump for being rich, because they have no clue about what it really means to be rich.

I am a member of the 1%. Guess what, I am creating no jobs, except for our nanny. Almost all our wealth is in investments, which produce no discernible economic output except some portions are taxed as capitol gains and a few portions lead to marginally greater profits for Vanguard, Chase and a few other institutions.

But otherwise, I could sit on my butt and do nothing for the rest of my life, and I would be very well off, and no one would benefit but my family. Non-salary income is very lightly taxed and we have plenty.

This was the first U.S. election in history where the wealthy went against the Republican. This is because the 1% knows a fraud when it sees one. It's the people who are nowhere near the 1% who have this bizarre idea that Trump is how rich people act and think.

I don't for 1 second believe you are a member of the 1%.

Let's for entertainment value assume that's true. Your money in investment is in the economy.

Thank you for proving my point better than I could!

Old 06-26-2017, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Investments. Duh.
Investment is putting money in the economy.

Old 06-26-2017, 07:25 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,343,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Investments. Duh.
I am blown away that people really think that rich people hording money in largely nontaxable funds produces some discernible economic benefits, but then simultaneously think that super-entrepreneurial immigrants don't create jobs and are drags on the economy.

Old 06-26-2017, 07:28 AM

35,704 posts, read 21,070,199 times
even though the majority of companies lean to the right - there are just as many who lean to the left- and in the past, all have created jobs for anyone who would work them- regardless off party-
but** all are just as guilty of outsourcing our jobs- causing inflation and making the honest everyday worker not able earn it and make a decent living- -- when did these "right" corps make you rich?

Old 06-26-2017, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Investment is putting money in the economy.
Yes because money sitting in a Vanguard fund is doing SO much for the rest of the country.

Old 06-26-2017, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
I am blown away that people really think that rich people hording money in largely nontaxable funds produces some discernible economic benefits, but then simultaneously think that super-entrepreneurial immigrants don't create jobs and are drags on the economy.
Exactly. But those same people have been conditioned to worship the rich. "The makers" as they say.

Most poor conservative republicans see themselves as only temporarily embarrassed millionaires. It's how they are able to 'identify' with corporate overlords.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies