Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree with Trumpcare?
Yes 15 14.85%
No 86 85.15%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 04:27 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,625,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobisinthehouse View Post
All of you are being lied to. The 22 Million people are the very young 20 and 30 year old's that were required to buy into Obama's Affordable Care Act mandate that they have to buy an insurance policy.

The CBO aka Congressional Budget Office, say 22 million losing health care. A LIE, because the only one losing are the young adults who don't want to pay for an insurance program.

It has nothing to do with people who need insurance.
Proof?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2017, 04:33 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,461,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
Finally the last deflection

Do you believe that you have a right to impose your will upon your neighbor with aggression?
why I keep dressing you I don't know- but will point out for the last time you are beyond hypocritical- you continually ask a quite frankly stupid question and accuse me of deflecting - yet this whole encounter began when you refused to address the fact that your entire argument was dissected in about 2 sentences and you needed to resort to ad hominem attacks as a result. And instead of addressing it at any point you double and triple down on it. So keep thinking you're smart and keep thinking you won by posting inane drivel but at the heart of it you couldn't address a 2 or 3 sentence take down and continue to stick your finger in your ears and pretend it didn't happen while you post your nonsense....

Old 06-27-2017, 04:41 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,307,990 times
Quote:
All of you are being lied to. The 22 Million people are the very young 20 and 30 year old's that were required to buy into Obama's Affordable Care Act mandate that they have to buy an insurance policy. The CBO aka Congressional Budget Office, say 22 million losing health care. A LIE, because the only one losing are the young adults who don't want to pay for an insurance program.
How could there be 22 million young people who are forced to buy ACA insurance when the total number of enrollees is only 12.7 million?

Old 06-27-2017, 04:47 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,744,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
why I keep dressing you I don't know- but will point out for the last time you are beyond hypocritical- you continually ask a quite frankly stupid question and accuse me of deflecting - yet this whole encounter began when you refused to address the fact that your entire argument was dissected in about 2 sentences and you needed to resort to ad hominem attacks as a result. And instead of addressing it at any point you double and triple down on it. So keep thinking you're smart and keep thinking you won by posting inane drivel but at the heart of it you couldn't address a 2 or 3 sentence take down and continue to stick your finger in your ears and pretend it didn't happen while you post your nonsense....
Apparently not the last deflection.

It-is-the-simplest-of-questions.

Do you believe that you have a right to impose your will upon your neighbor with aggression?

And I didn't "attack" you in any way, and if you interpreted it that way I am sorry for you having misunderstood me. I might attack a vile belief, but I don't intend to attack anyone.

Old 06-27-2017, 05:03 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,477,048 times
Quote:
All of you are being lied to. The 22 Million people are the very young 20 and 30 year old's that were required to buy into Obama's Affordable Care Act mandate that they have to buy an insurance policy.

The CBO aka Congressional Budget Office, say 22 million losing health care. A LIE, because the only one losing are the young adults who don't want to pay for an insurance program.

When Medicaid is rolled back, won't those people lose their health insurance? It's not as if people who now have Medicaid are financially able to buy their own coverage.

Old 06-27-2017, 08:47 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,532,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
You mean the people that evaluate their personal financial situation and health and decide that, when they aren't forced under penalties of draconian fines, they would prefer to spend their money on things other than insurance? Those people?

Old 06-27-2017, 08:58 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,307,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
You mean the people that evaluate their personal financial situation and health and decide that, when they aren't forced under penalties of draconian fines, they would prefer to spend their money on things other than insurance? Those people?
yeah those people the 25 year old who ends up in the ER with a crushed pelvis from a motorcycle accident with no insurance, and the 50 year old who think's he's invincible with his gym regiment and gluten free diet & drops his insurance then 6 months later ends up in the ER having a major heart attack.

We all pay for those people, ER rooms are not charity clinics what they can't recover from the feds they will offset with fee increases to the rest of us.

Old 06-28-2017, 06:50 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,984,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Nobody should get anything.

Pay for your own damn health care!
So an employee should not be able to negotiate with their employer for health insurance?

Do you support ObamaCare? Because there are millions on there that aren't paying for their own. But that's noble, while getting employer provided insurance is being greedy?

Old 06-28-2017, 06:56 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,850,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Wow, only 15% on this site like TrumpCare. I don't think I've ever seen such a lopsided poll from the cult. That pretty much tells you how truly awful this bill is.

Six years and this is all they can manage? And now we have Republican Senators calling for working with their Democratic colleagues to fix the ACA instead of repealing it. I foresee Obamacare surviving for well into the future, until we can toss the GOP and bring the country into the 21st century with some form of universal health care.

Well done, GOP! You have aptly demonstrated what a cluster**** is.
C-D polls regularly reflect national polling numbers.

I've been reading that 17% of Americans support TrumpCare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies