Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 02:46 AM

27,221 posts, read 46,866,741 times

Advertisements

Thank Obama for Obamacare after Clinton started it years ago.

Nothing has to be done for Obamacare to implode which might actually be the best solution at this point.

Then we can go back to our lower premium and lower deductibles.

That should stop the left from bashing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2017, 04:42 AM

51,692 posts, read 25,969,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Loose your job which had Healthcare, go on cobra (no one can afford it without another job) find new job (Tcare does not require business to have health Benefits). Try to buy Healthcare (if you have a pre-existing condition forget it) when you do not have coverage you get to wait 6 months. So the GOP has figured out how to kill off a whole bunch of people.
That's one solution to the problems we face.

Of course, those that don't actually die but linger, clinging to life can be a terrible burden with their gangrenous amputations and all.

Hospice care included in TrumpCare?

Or are you on your own with that as well?

Pity the poor fool who doesn't have the foresight to dig a grave before becoming too weak to do so.

Old 06-27-2017, 04:45 AM

51,692 posts, read 25,969,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Then we can go back to our lower premium and lower deductibles.
Whatever you're sipping, snorting, or smoking, would you mind sharing? I want to live in your fantasy world.

Old 06-27-2017, 05:33 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,277,242 times
Total repeal is the only option.

Old 06-27-2017, 06:46 AM

16,375 posts, read 22,554,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I hope we can all buy a extremely high deductible catastrophic plan that doesn't cost much. That would go a long way to limiting penalties and/or lock out periods.
I agree. I would buy a catastrophic policy with a $25,000 deductible if I could. Maybe even $50,000 deductible. As long as using the insurance would result in me getting the pre-negotiate rate (discounts) before my deductible kicks in. This is how insurance works today with pre-negotiated rates.

Too bad the senate bill doesn't provide high deductible plans as an option. Instead, the states would be forced to do this but some states won't. High deductible plans can provide real cost savings to consumers.

I would still submit the insurance card to the doctor or hospital for every visit. Then would get the massive discount with prenegotiated rate - which typically results in a 75% savings over not having insurance. This is something many people don't realize is possible - that you get massive discounts on doctor and provider visits BEFORE your deductible kicks in.

For example, an X-ray from a hospital or imaging center might initially bill $575. But once it's submitted to the insurance company, the bill is reduced to comply with the pre-negotiated rate per that insurance plan. Usually it's 75% discount or in that range of discount. Sometimes 80% discount. We don't know the exact discount rates because the insurance company hides this from the consumer. But the doctor must agree to the discount as a condition of accepting patients with that insurance plan. The important thing for the consumer is they must use a doctor that accepts that insurance plan in order to get the prenegotiated rate. The X-ray bill might be changed to $143 in this example. and that is what I would owe instead of $575.

Old 06-27-2017, 06:50 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,472,996 times
The Establishment R's are really Progressives so this doesn't surprise me at all. What's even funnier though is watching all the Lefties here complain about this but absolutely LOVED it when Obama did it. Exposing hypocrites is fun!

Old 06-27-2017, 06:57 AM

15,949 posts, read 12,347,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Except certain parts of the country will vote Republican regardless. They could be left to cooking squirrels over a campfire in Kentucky and West Virginia and they will still vote Republican. That's why I have no pity for them. Let blue states create their own health plans and give them the ability to exclude newcomers. The mandates were just a talking/screaming point for the GOP.
At the state level, it would be better to vote republican. At the federal level, better to vote democrat for president and keep the house and senate in republican control. That sort of gridlock keeps either party from getting too much power and implementing more unorthodox legislation. I don't think there's going to be any major mainstream movement to vote democrat because of Trump at the local level.

Democrats go too far overboard with a couple huge issues.. they like to distribute lower income inner city people into the suburbs with subsidized housing, something people universally dislike, and they love to blow money on schools for unnecessary programs, including sports, bloated teacher and public employee pensions, etc. They also take pride in their sanctuary cities, with is a financially foolhardy move. Money has to come from somewhere. You end up like Chicago where they spend 2 to 3X the amount of money per student with little to show for it, on the brink of bankruptcy. They also tend to treat all corporations as the enemy, and drive business from the states they govern. I'm not saying we should be bringing in 9 dollar an hour jobs, but at some point you have to give businesses incentives to invest in you.

You need both parties to keep things balanced.

Good point made by 2cod up there... the main benefit of any insurance plan is to negotiate the silly high uninsured rates down by 66% or so. Why don't they just charge a flat rate for everyone regardless of whether they are covered or not?

Old 06-27-2017, 07:02 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,436,250 times
Can't we just give Congress fidget spinners to keep them busy?

Just think how bad the next health care plan will be when the Democrats (inevitably) get back in control.

Old 06-27-2017, 07:16 AM

1,984 posts, read 1,707,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Wrong on all three.

Best rework that thesis.

Nope. I was in the business for 17 years. What I wrote was the Readers Digest version, but this is generally the way it works.

Old 06-27-2017, 07:26 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,749,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Total repeal is the only option.
^^^this^^^

Government does not belong in healthcare.

CN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies