Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 06:04 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,458,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Marrying money isn’t “earning a living.”
let's be honest- what that poor lady has to do is "earning a living". I couldn't do it for al the golden toilets in the world....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2017, 06:08 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
LOL. A degree in African American studies and 5 dollars will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks. It's an example of the US education system failing its students. Mooch accomplished nothing as first lady except for a silly recipe for smores that nobody will eat.

The current Flotus can speak 5 languages fluently. You are right, there is no comparison.
You are aware that most people from her region of the world speak multiple languages, right? It doesn’t make then all geniuses.

Michelle Obama has a law degree. Quit pretending she’s not an educated woman. She was a Sociology major who graduated with honors from Princeton.

Old 06-28-2017, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
What case did she take to trial? I thought so.
Do you know anything about lawyers? Most of them aren’t trial lawyers.

Old 06-28-2017, 06:15 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
I'm curious...is that a "rule"? Does the first lady have to have a cause?
As far as I know, it's just a culturally accepted thing. She might get flack for not doing it (change is hard. I mean this benignly on my own part...it's ok with me in the end if she chooses none), so she can see if she wants to or not. Might be nice to have First Ladies choose what their role is like.

Old 06-28-2017, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
let's be honest- what that poor lady has to do is "earning a living". I couldn't do it for al the golden toilets in the world....
Me, either. Yuck.

I rather like Melania. I think she could work this FLOTUS gig into an advantageous social position that would make her pretty much Teflon in the event Trump hits the major skids.

Old 06-28-2017, 06:20 PM

3,006 posts, read 2,630,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Do you have a problem with women being mothers? I don't think she is a "trophy wife." She is an incredibly smart woman, unlike the former First Lady, who may have been one of the most ignorant.

"Buys into 'machismo?' And you know this how? But, I'd rather have a real man for President than the limp wristed effeminate that just left.
You're going to have to explain how Michelle, a Princeton and Harvard Law graduate with a successful career in her own right, is "ignorant," and how Melania, a college dropout who only had a career in modeling, is "incredibly smart."

And, nice thinly veiled homophobia.

Old 06-28-2017, 06:21 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,495,432 times
I think she will try to make the mail order bride business socially acceptable.

Old 07-16-2017, 11:30 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Do you have a problem with women being mothers? I don't think she is a "trophy wife." She is an incredibly smart woman, unlike the former First Lady, who may have been one of the most ignorant.
You say the former first lady isn't smart....but you're aware that Michelle Obama graduated from Harvard Law School, right?

What has Melania Trump accomplished? We all know she did some nude modeling back in the day, which included naked photo shoots of her in bed with other naked women. Other than marry a rich man billionaire more than 20 years her elder, what has Melania done?

Any facts behind your statement about Melania being smarter than Michelle? I'll wait.

Old 07-16-2017, 11:36 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
You say the former first lady isn't smart....but you're aware that Michelle Obama graduated from Harvard Law School, right?

What has Melania Trump accomplished? We all know she did some nude modeling back in the day, which included naked photo shoots of her in bed with other naked women. Other than marry a rich man billionaire more than 20 years her elder, what has Melania done?

Any facts behind your statement about Melania being smarter than Michelle? I'll wait.
She's white and good looking. To that poster's mind, that equals intelligent and accomplished. That's really all there is to it, because if you listed their individual accomplishments side by side with no identifying pictures or labels, Michelle comes out head and shoulders above Melania.

One thing I will say about Melania, she has presented herself well on the world stage in the trips abroad. She has more class in her little finger than her husband has in his entire obese body. Granted, it's a low bar, but even so...

Old 07-16-2017, 11:50 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
because if you listed their individual accomplishments side by side with no identifying pictures or labels, Michelle comes out head and shoulders above Melania.

One thing I will say about Melania, she has presented herself well on the world stage in the trips abroad. She has more class in her little finger than her husband has in his entire obese body. Granted, it's a low bar, but even so...
Yep, agree with everything but especially this bolded part.

I will give that to Melania. She does conduct herself with grace.

I imagine that she is probably disgusted by Donald, but his money helps suppress her gagging.

For what it's worth, outside the obvious fact that Melania is probably golddigger (unless she married Donald for his boyish good lucks and charm), I have nothing personal against her whatsoever. NO issues with the First Lady at all. She seems like a nice enough person, from what we can tell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies