Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2017, 01:35 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,906,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Trump's tweet was indefensible. Only a moron would excuse it and defend it.
Yeah, like the First Lady's press officer. Whom one must assume is acting on her direction. Otherwise, s/he should be fired.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2017, 01:36 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
Criticising Melania and Ivanka misses the point.
The problem is one - Donald Trump.
This is the lowest any POTUS degraded the position and US status all over the world.
Like others mentioned, it's not about democrats vs republicans (I belong to a small group of independents). It's not even his (lack of) policies. It's about one man's conduct, style and presence that sucked the air from America's political agenda.
For the good of this country (and the Republican Party), it's time to send Trump to his resort to play golf. Appoint another (normal) republican as president (and please, don't start with Hillary, Obama or Bill Clinton. They are irrelevant now). Just appoint a menatally stable relublican.
Yes.

If he was in there doing pretty much what he's doing now (as relates to the duties of POTUS) and he was polite, courteous, behaved with dignity befitting the office when dealing with the public and with countries around the world....

I might give him grief for occasional gaffes (as I've done all the other presidents), but I'd largely say he was no real danger.

This man is an absolute disgrace to the office of President of the United States.

Old 06-29-2017, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
He's playing you again. And again you are falling for it.
If you are the POTUS, you don't PLAY by saying stuff like that about citizens.

It's just not in any way socially appropriate.

And, again, you're totally fine with it.

Why? Why is taking a noble office like the Presidency and reducing it to something closer to "Sleazy Mob Boss" okay with you?

Old 06-29-2017, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Dumb. Wrong. Childish. Tweet. Trump can be a bully. No doubt about it.
I applaud you calling this particular incident out.

I try to call out stuff I think is inappropriate, no matter who does it and I appreciate other people who do the same.

Old 06-29-2017, 01:40 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,822,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Every time he intentionally trolls the media and liberals there is a reason. Will you never learn?
If you think the POTUS trolling the media and liberals is normal and acceptable behavior, you are just as incapable of acting like an adult as the Trump is. Do you think it is normal for the what used to be the leader of the free world to sit around and watch morning news shows and then tweet about them? Don't you think the POTUS has better things to do and be thinking about about other than a couple of political commentators say about him? And right wingers claimed (falsely) that Obama had thin skin.

Like a child, Trump must answer any comment about him and make sure he gets the last word. Only it does not work out so well for him sometimes, like when he settled his Trump U case, after saying he never settles, meekly admitting in a one sentence admittance after a fiver year contention that Obama was born in the US, or his latest, that he has no tapes. Man, he plays his supports like a broken drum and they just ask for more. Very pathetic.

Old 06-29-2017, 01:42 PM

39,229 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Mike Pence has executive experience, respects the nature of our democracy, and aside from his militant social conservatism putting him at odds with LGBTQ rights, he doesn’t make a habit of attacking elements of the population at random or to further his own populist image.

This said, Trump won fair and square . He was voted in. So who knows what the future looks like at this moment.

Old 06-29-2017, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
So everyone has seen Trump's latest nasty tweets. If anyone wants to know what prompted it, apparently it was because Mika and Joe talked about Trump's fake Time magazine cover. This fake Time magazine cover is posted in several of his properties and Time wants the fake covers taken down. Joe and Mika were laughing about it and clearly Trump, a dedicated Joe and Mika viewer, took offense as the thin skinned overgrown baby he is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=L_qVuGcVoKo

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...n_twitter.html
Yeah... that really called for the type of retaliation he took on Twitter.

If he wanted to respond at all, all he had to say was that he assumed everyone knew those covers were made up and he thought they were hilarious, so people should just lighten up already.

LOL.

How hard would that be? He's embarrassed he got caught. So, he attacks a private citizen's appearance and makes misogynistic implications about her.

This is the guy that squeaked through the electoral college. We might need to give that system another look.

Old 06-29-2017, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
He is a citizen of the United States just like every one else.

If it is OK for the many on here, and media to engage in the same thing who are you to complain?

" How does this dignify the office of the Presidency?'

A hell of a lot better then getting BJs in the 0val office and how amazing very few on the left complained about it.

Hell, some on here STILL defend him.

Or how about Obama "dignifying the office" by bowing to Arab leaders.

"if you can't take it, DON'T dish it out.'

The hypocrisy of the left NEVER CEASES!
I do believe there's some video of Trump all giddy like a high school girl about to go steady, while the Saudis draped his bowed head with some fat, gold necklace.

I don't really even mind that he did that, btw.

BJs in the Oval Office? I mean, if we did them Trump style, he'd be tweeting during the act.

Come on. Clinton was inappropriate. Absolutely. I said so when that happened (though I never voted for him in the first place), but it was in PRIVATE.

I bet more world leaders can relate to having a side piece than can relate to ever tweeting such nasty remarks about a morning TV show host for the whole world to read.

Why are you deflecting by talking about past presidents?

I didn't think it was undignified for Bush Jr to fall riding a Segway. Funny, yes, once I saw he wasn't really hurt, but undignified? Nope.

But, that was an ACCIDENT.

Come on... Trump does this crap on purpose and it is deliberate and cruel.

Why is that okay in a President?

Old 06-29-2017, 01:50 PM

39,229 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Yeah... that really called for the type of retaliation he took on Twitter.

If he wanted to respond at all, all he had to say was that he assumed everyone knew those covers were made up and he thought they were hilarious, so people should just lighten up already.

LOL.

How hard would that be? He's embarrassed he got caught. So, he attacks a private citizen's appearance and makes misogynistic implications about her.

This is the guy that squeaked through the electoral college. We might need to give that system another look.
damn, you are good.

It is hard to debate this, I have to admit.

Old 06-29-2017, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanokie View Post
lots of salty tears.....especially from people who have done nothing but insult his appearance and intelligence since he announced his candidacy.
But, none of us are President of the United States.

Therein lies the difference. When Trump did this stuff as a wealthy guy with a reality TV and pageant empire, it was sometimes really harsh and ridiculous, but people weren't shocked by it because...

HE WAS NOT THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES.

Seriously? You don't see why this isn't okay?

Sigh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies