Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2017, 10:35 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellob View Post
You don't have to like the show in order to be disgusted by the potus tweets.
If you don't like the show, then why be upset that Trump expresses his dislike too, and he, unlike you, are a target of their unfair attacks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2017, 10:35 AM

1,073 posts, read 623,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
You are so right.

His supporters aren't really Christians--they just go to church every Sunday to socialize, see who is holier than the other and hear what they want to hear.

If their book is to be believed, Jesus is going to say "I don't know you" https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...3&version=NKJV
So, they're wasting their tithe. They're going straight to hell. But hey, whatever makes them happy.

They're only against Bill Clinton's adultery. Donald Trump's adultery is OK.
I'm a Christian and am very moderate. I also live in the south which is Trump country. I voted for Kasich in the primary. I concur with what you all are saying though. Trump is a mess and it's surprising such devout evangelical Christians are supporting him. I have to say the things that mater most to conservative evangelicals are anti- abortion, safety from refugees and guns. All are high on Trumps list.

Old 06-30-2017, 10:36 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,930,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
WWIII isn't going to start because of a tweet about the Morning Joe show.

Though I do admit, the false outrage would make one think that it had indeed started.
You are exactly correct, WWIII is not going to break out over what Trump tweeted about Morning Joe. The problem is that Trump has shown that he can be easily manipulated into anger, and has virtually no brake between his brain and his mouth/fingers.

What could happen is that a two-bit dictator somewhere in the world yanks Trump's chain in order to goad him into a shooting war, or something else equally stupid. That's the problem. That's why this behavior is unacceptable for the Commander in Chief.

But I think you knew that.

Old 06-30-2017, 10:37 AM

2,333 posts, read 1,489,626 times
Quote:
Then no harm then if Trump pokes fun at them in the same manner. Why the outrage if this is all those people mean to you?
You seem to think I'm "hurt" on Mika's behalf or something. I wouldn't care if Ann Coulter said that to Mika, or Hannity, or you, or heck even Don Jr. They can say whatever they want because they represent no one else but themselves. THE PRESIDENCY is a 24/7 job where he speaks for the entire American people. I may not agree with everything he has to say, but I innately respect him because of the dignity of the office. I am disappointed that dignity was not honored by this tweet.

Old 06-30-2017, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
It's not a straw man argument.
Nope. You apparently think it is OK for the Anchor on a Major News Channel to make these statements about the President of the United states.

If you have a standard of behavior for the Office of the Presidency, then it should be the same whether it's the person sitting in the chair, or those News Anchors reporting about what he does.

This is not that.

Mika Brzezinski Called President Trump: Narcissist, Ignorant, Stupid, Mentally Ill, etc - In Less Than a Minute

You have a straw man argument.

Old 06-30-2017, 10:39 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,169,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA
This is an abuse of power by the White House. Harassment of Joe, Mika, and especially her children, is a serious offense.
Quote:
No it isn't.

Sure it is. The White House earlier confirmed that Donald Trump's tweets are official statements and communications from the White House. The President, acting is his official capacity, threatened and harassed private citizens. It is an abuse of power.

Old 06-30-2017, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
You are exactly correct, WWIII is not going to break out over what Trump tweeted about Morning Joe. The problem is that Trump has shown that he can be easily manipulated into anger, and has virtually no brake between his brain and his mouth/fingers.
How do you know he was angry? That is your assumption. So your point fails.

Old 06-30-2017, 10:41 AM

3,532 posts, read 3,023,028 times
Quote:
I'm not missing the point.

You are trying to justify your straw man argument.

i.e. It's OK for News Anchors on major MSM New Networks to bash Trump in the most unprofessional of manners, but it's not OK for him to respond with a simple tweet. It's a double standard for sure.
Do you work for Trump? Is he your relative?
I've never seen one person so invested in fighting for someone who doesn't even know/care they exist.

Old 06-30-2017, 10:42 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,401,311 times
Quote:
If you don't like the show, then why be upset that Trump expresses his dislike too, and he, unlike you, are a target of their unfair attacks.
Poor baby, Trump? Is that your argument?

Trump is bully in every sense of the word. Physical attributes are his favorite target.

He deserves every bit the criticism he receives. Trump isn't strong. He is showing himself to be weak and feckless.

So cry and whine about the unfair press because your little baby Trump can't take the pressures of the presidency and the consequences of his pathetic conduct.

Old 06-30-2017, 10:43 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,930,579 times
Quote:
How do you know he was angry? That is your assumption. So your point fails.
Angry? Stupid? Vindictive? Emotionally unstable? Not matter what the underlying motivation or reason, it teaches the world one thing; poke a stick at Donald Trump and you will get a reaction. That is a weakness not a strength. Your arguments take you further and further out onto a very thin limb don't they?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies