Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2017, 10:58 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,404,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Nope. My argument, as it has been some time, is that you guys hold a double standard.

OK for Mika Brenzski to bash Trump in the most unprofessional of terms.

But it's not OK for Trump to respond.
Trump responded with a vicious attack on her appearance!!!!!

It is only in Trumpworld where conduct that would get you suspended from elementary school is acceptable from the President of the USA. Talk about low expectations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2017, 10:58 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,280,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Why is it different?
  • She's the anchor on a major News Network who get's paid millions of dollars/year. You don't expect the same standards of behavior?
or
  • Do you agree that MSNBC is nothing more than a trash channel that nobody should pay mind to?
Your choice.
Anchor on TV isn't remotely the same as PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES.

I don't agree re: MSNBC. It's no more or less trashy than any other news outlet, including the internet ones that everyone loves to claim are accurate because they align with their views or whatever.

Old 06-30-2017, 11:00 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,322,479 times
This about sums it up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb1k5YCNfCQ

Old 06-30-2017, 11:00 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,177,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellob View Post
99% are Waldo.
Yup. How sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BicoastalAnn View Post
I don't get it.... do you work? In a corporate environment? What the CEO does is held to a higher standard of maturity, knowledge, and accountability than every one else and sets the tone for the work culture. Surely you would agree with that?? You wouldn't expect your CEO to call out your boss's looks in response to a criticism of his performance? Or why is this hard to understand that roles with higher responsibility = higher accountability and expectations.
Speaking of, I bet you won't get a response for this post.

Old 06-30-2017, 11:01 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,130,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
A little off topic here,

Mika looks like a natural beauty. She and Joe make great looking couple.
Is what you say based on actually seeing them in a personal setting like at home or just what you've seen on social media and tv with all the makeup and hair done up by stylists?

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times
My uncle is a plastic surgeon, he said a lot of women go through plastic surgery in order to feel more youthful, and beautiful. They do it for themselves and their confidence.

Honestly speaking, her facelift is something personal to her. It should never be brought up or discussed in public. A good man won't touch that subject.

8,312 posts, read 3,933,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Anchor on TV isn't remotely the same as PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES.

I don't agree re: MSNBC. It's no more or less trashy than any other news outlet, including the internet ones that everyone loves to claim are accurate because they align with their views or whatever.
Exactly true. Cable news has mostly become infotainment, has been that way for several decades. Just follow the $$$ that is what journalism has become.

Trying to draw some parallel between the standards of behavior for an infotainment anchor and a President is mind boggling.

52,430 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Perfect response to a totally illogical argument. They get further and further out on an increasing thin limb trying to defend the actions of Trump, the level of pretzel logic needed to keep up that charade is truly amazing. But not particularly surprising.
Illogical. Nope.

The argument is that you hold two standards. One for Trump, and one for the News Media that bashes him constantly. i.e. OK if the News Media bashes Trump, but not OK for Trump to return fire. You justify it with the "opinion" that the President should know better.

I've never argued that you can't hold whatever opinion you want. But your criticism of Trump ring's hollow when you take this approach.

Old 06-30-2017, 11:02 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Is what you say based on actually seeing them in a personal setting like at home or just what you've seen on social media and tv with all the makeup and hair done up by stylists?
What is the big deal? I think they look lovely. It doesn't mean I agree with them or anything. For middle aged couple, they look great.

Old 06-30-2017, 11:03 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Exactly true. Cable news has mostly become infotainment, has been that way for several decades. Just follow the $$$ that is what journalism has become.

Trying to draw some parallel between the standards of behavior for an infotainment anchor and a President is mind boggling.
Then why the outrage if "cable news" isn't any better than say WWE wrestling match?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies