Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2017, 10:29 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,654,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BicoastalAnn View Post
My standard is "entertainment" frankly. I don't bat an eyelash when they're petty, and get that it's part of their job to be entertaining and get ratings. People like Mika, Hannity, Ann Coulter, O'Reilly, etc. can say whatever they want. I may not agree with it but like someone said, I change the channel. They don't represent me. The president represents all of us.

Then no harm then if Trump pokes fun at them in the same manner. Why the outrage if this is all those people mean to you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2017, 10:29 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,720,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Will you teach our toddler to grow up and act as Mika Brenzski did on TV towards the President of the USA?

The behavior is acceptable or not.
Kitty, you're missing the analogy. Talking heads on news shows are held to a lower standard than the leader of the free world. It's been said to about a million different ways now but you still pretend to not understand it.

You must be exhausted and lonely. You're twisting yourself into all sorts of pretzels trying to defend Trump on this you're the only one still here doing it.

It's okay to take a break.

Old 06-30-2017, 10:30 AM

8,387 posts, read 4,374,196 times
Morning Joe’ Hosts Respond to Trump’s Tweets: ‘We’re OK. The Country’s Not’

'Morning Joe' Hosts Respond to Trump's Tweets: 'We're OK. The Country's Not' - NBC News

The "president has an "unhealthy obsession with Mika" "

Trump "invited them to dinner at Mar-a-Lago on Dec. 30. Scarborough said Brzezinski opted not to go, but then she changed her mind after Trump asked Scarborough if she could visit the next day"

"We were shuffled into a side room — it was actually a bedroom — talked for 20 minutes."

OPINION

Trump had the hots for Mika and she and Joe said no. This made him mad so he thinks, "I'll teach the witch a lesson."

END OPINION

Old 06-30-2017, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
This is a man who can set off WWIII .....
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
It is amazing that you even have to point this out.
WWIII isn't going to start because of a tweet about the Morning Joe show.

Though I do admit, the false outrage would make one think that it had indeed started.

Old 06-30-2017, 10:31 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,933,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
What's wrong with Trump is that he is mentally unfit to hold the office. It's the elephant in the room that no one wants to talk about, but I think we're reaching that point where it needs to be said out loud. Repeatedly.
There is a commission in the House that is charged with looking into whether Trump's mental fitness could be used to remove him under the 25th amendment. But if you have read the amendment, it seems highly unlikely that will happen. Impeachment is the only route, and there may not be enough evidence of crimes and misdemeanors to make that happen either.

Old 06-30-2017, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Kitty, you're missing the analogy. Talking heads on news shows are held to a lower standard than the leader of the free world. It's been said to about a million different ways now but you still pretend to not understand it.

You must be exhausted and lonely. You're twisting yourself into all sorts of pretzels trying to defend Trump on this you're the only one still here doing it.

It's okay to take a break.
I'm not missing the point.

You are trying to justify your straw man argument.

i.e. It's OK for News Anchors on major MSM New Networks to bash Trump in the most unprofessional of manners, but it's not OK for him to respond with a simple tweet. It's a double standard for sure.

Old 06-30-2017, 10:32 AM

3,532 posts, read 3,025,288 times
Quote:
Ahh. So MSNBC is nothing but a trash channel with anchors with all the bad attributes that you say about Trump. i.e. It's not worth watching.

You can't have it both ways.
You don't have to like the show in order to be disgusted by the potus tweets.

Old 06-30-2017, 10:34 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,177,836 times
~15% of the posts in a thread with almost 1,000 replies to defend the indefensible.

How sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto Jeff View Post
And yet you're bringing up the (rather incorrect) fact that Trump has been treated the worst out of any Presidents.

Therefore, opening up the comparisions.
Nope. I asked which President has suffered at the hands of Mika Brenzski like Trump.

16,579 posts, read 20,720,243 times
Quote:
I'm not missing the point.

You are trying to justify your straw man argument.
It's not a straw man argument. It's the point of the whole thread.

You get it. But for whatever reason, you're acting like you don't.

Carry on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies