Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2017, 09:55 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,493,741 times

Advertisements

As a citizen Trump for years attacked Obama without provocation. You know what they say about dishing it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2017, 09:56 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BicoastalAnn View Post
. I don't expect the same behavior from a reality TV star and a respected actor, a student and a teacher, a teacher and a principle, or even a CEO of a privately held company and one from a publicly held company. There are different standards for different roles. ...
What is your standard for TV anchor on a major news network?

You didn't mention that one.

Old 06-30-2017, 09:56 AM

189 posts, read 110,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
So, Mika is on TV. She has a show where she is speaking as herself. If you don't like what she is saying, or you think it is unprofessional, by all means change the channel, boycott her sponsors, or complain to the network that hired her.

Donald Trump is essentially the CEO OF OUR COUNTRY. When he speaks, he speaks for all of us. He represents the United States of America every time he opens his mouth.
If Mika says something stupid, she isn't representing me. If The Donald does, then he is.

I can't fathom that you don't see the difference here.

Old 06-30-2017, 09:58 AM

13,414 posts, read 9,948,375 times
Quote:
Ahh. Another party who tries to make it about me. I don't fault others here for calling their disliked politicians names. Not even you.
Awww, that's mighty big of you Kitty. But I don't think the POTUS should be held to your level.

Old 06-30-2017, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northshorenative View Post
So, Mika is on TV. She has a show where she is speaking as herself. If you don't like what she is saying, or you think it is unprofessional, by all means change the channel, boycott her sponsors, or complain to the network that hired her.

Donald Trump is essentially the CEO OF OUR COUNTRY. When he speaks, he speaks for all of us. He represents the United States of America every time he opens his mouth.
If Mika says something stupid, she isn't representing me. If The Donald does, then he is.

I can't fathom that you don't see the difference here.
All I see is a straw man argument. Either behavior is acceptable or unacceptable. You can't have it both ways.

Old 06-30-2017, 09:59 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,651,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
I mean come on, I realize this is par for the course for him and not the biggest of his issues, but this is just so disgusting and unpresidential.

An official statement by a sitting US president is insulting a woman's looks and intelligence, because she was critical of him on the morning show he claims not to watch.

How can you people condone this behavior? How does this dignify the office of the Presidency?
I guess the people who voted him in thinks it's fine. I personally think his conduct is lower than the lowest bar of Presidential behavior, but I guess his followers don't mind.

Old 06-30-2017, 09:59 AM

13,414 posts, read 9,948,375 times
Quote:
All I see is a straw man argument. Either behavior is acceptable or unacceptable. You can't have it both ways.
Sure you can.

This idiot you elected is meeting with world leaders and statesmen/women. His behavior is embarrassing. He's a very very powerful man who acts like kids in my child's fourth grade class.

It doesn't matter what I call him, it does matter what he calls others. Welcome to the real world.

Last edited by FinsterRufus; 06-30-2017 at 10:09 AM..

Old 06-30-2017, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto Jeff View Post
You can counter with that, most certainly. It's completely and utterly wrong, especially with all that Obama went through even at the hands of Trump alone, but you can counter with that.
Did Mika Brezenski, what this topic is about, say this about Obama?

Mika Brzezinski Called President Trump: Narcissist, Ignorant, Stupid, Mentally Ill, etc - In Less Than a Minute

Old 06-30-2017, 10:00 AM

2,573 posts, read 3,502,557 times
what is more unbelievable is that he has time to watch all this. If he didn't watch this and someone in his family or his staff mentioned this to him then it becomes even more unbelievable!

"Boss they are saying bad things about you on channel number 419"

Log into my Tweeter. I am a Tweeter warrior and will teach channel 419 guys a lesson

Old 06-30-2017, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Sure you can.
Thank you.

You guys just proved what I said about holding a double standard.

And if Mika had said those same things about Hillary or Obama, you would have gone to DEFCON 1.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies