Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2017, 10:10 AM

2,333 posts, read 1,489,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
What is your standard for TV anchor on a major news network?

You didn't mention that one.
My standard is "entertainment" frankly. I don't bat an eyelash when they're petty, and get that it's part of their job to be entertaining and get ratings. People like Mika, Hannity, Ann Coulter, O'Reilly, etc. can say whatever they want. I may not agree with it but like someone said, I change the channel. They don't represent me. The president represents all of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2017, 10:10 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,495,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Joe & Mika: poke fun at tRump for his ridiculous fake Time magazine covers prominently displayed at his clubs.

tRump: unhinged personal attacks followed by blackmail involving his WH staff and old pal who publishes the NI tabloid.

What's next?

Hopefully, supoenas from Mueller for phone reords from Scarborough. Nat. Enq and WH.

Old 06-30-2017, 10:11 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
What's wrong with Trump is that he is mentally unfit to hold the office. It's the elephant in the room that no one wants to talk about, but I think we're reaching that point where it needs to be said out loud. Repeatedly.
I was on the treadmill this morning switching back and forth between Morning Joe and Fox and Friends, which is the only time I ever see those shows. Joe was saying that something is wrong with Trump and that he has changed in the last two years. He said that he used to "get the joke" but that now he doesn't seem to understand what's going on.

On F&F they played the remarks for Kellyanne who completely blew it off, but I think we'll be hearing about it more and more.

Old 06-30-2017, 10:18 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,880 times
How can someone as hideous-looking as Donald Trump insult someone for not being as aesthetically pleasing as he would like?

Old 06-30-2017, 10:21 AM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
This is a man who can set off WWIII with a few misplaced words.

So yes we hold him to a higher standard, double standard, whatever you want to call it - hell, any standard above current gutter level would be welcome at this point.

Old 06-30-2017, 10:22 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto Jeff View Post
Does it matter if she personally attacked Obama when the point was Obama was attacked by right-wing media just as bad if not worse than Trump has been attacked?
The topic is about a specific tweet to a specific anchor.

Old 06-30-2017, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Basically, yes.

We have lots of double standards. We expect toddlers to have meltdowns when they're hungry and tired, but we expect adults to continue to act reasonably when they're hungry and tired.

Will you teach our toddler to grow up and act as Mika Brenzski did on TV towards the President of the USA?

The behavior is acceptable or not.

Old 06-30-2017, 10:25 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,929,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
This is a man who can set off WWIII with a few misplaced words.

So yes we hold him to a higher standard, double standard, whatever you want to call it - hell, any standard above current gutter level would be welcome at this point.
It is amazing that you even have to point this out. But then again it is amazing that someone like Trump ever got elected in the first place. I am becoming more convinced every day that we do not have the ability to govern ourselves. America is on the downhill slide and right now I don't see much evidence that we have the ability to stop it.

Old 06-30-2017, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
You can 'see' whatever argument you like. At this point the only two people I have heard defending Trump are you and Sarah Huckabee Sanders
Another Ad hominem fallacy.

Old 06-30-2017, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
What's wrong with Trump is that he is mentally unfit to hold the office. It's the elephant in the room that no one wants to talk about, but I think we're reaching that point where it needs to be said out loud. Repeatedly.
Why would people in a room want to talk about your opinion?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies