Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2017, 11:31 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times

Advertisements

When you become POTUS the you accept that you are fair game. Most others POTUS didn't even watch tv.

NOT DOUBLE STANDARDS.

YUGE difference. Also known as a double standard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2017, 11:31 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,884 times
Joe and Mika have been pouring scorn and insults on Trump for months. Trump punches back 1 time and suddenly liberals get a case of the vapors as though Joe and Mika have been holding the moral and rhetorical high ground the whole time.

Nonsense.

Old 06-30-2017, 11:33 AM

23,980 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallBull View Post
Thanks! I appreciate the appreciation. Oh and don't get me started on the MSM. CNN, MSNBC, NY Times, WAPO -- they gave this man all the free press because he was good for their bottom line. Now they don't like him. It's hypocrisy to the highest degree and I'm sick of it.

No tears here!
And they knew exactly what they were promoting for money.

Donald Trump is not an unknown in NYC.

Old 06-30-2017, 11:36 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Joe and Mika have been pouring scorn and insults on Trump for months. Trump punches back 1 time and suddenly liberals get a case of the vapors as though Joe and Mika have been holding the moral and rhetorical high ground the whole time.

Nonsense.
Fox News spent eight years going after President Obama. How many tweets or comments did Obama respond with in which he personally denigrated or outright lied about any of their hosts? Yeah, that's right, ZERO times. THAT, my friend, is how one acts presidential. It's a word Trump probably couldn't even spell, let alone comprehend.

Old 06-30-2017, 11:50 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,490,585 times
Quote:
Joe and Mika have been pouring scorn and insults on Trump for months. Trump punches back 1 time and suddenly liberals ...
It's not just liberals. Many Republicans and moderates have called Trump out for his inappropriate remarks regarding the Morning Joe tweets.

Old 06-30-2017, 11:55 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,496,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Fox News spent eight years going after President Obama. How many tweets or comments did Obama respond with in which he personally denigrated or outright lied about any of their hosts? Yeah, that's right, ZERO times. THAT, my friend, is how one acts presidential. It's a word Trump probably couldn't even spell, let alone comprehend.

As did Trump. As a private citizen he constantly criticized Obama. Typical bully. Can dish but cannot take it.

Old 06-30-2017, 11:59 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You can drop the false indignation towards me.

I never said the behavior is acceptable.

What I did say is that is it hypocritical for you guys to call out Trump for defending himself when the MSM attacks him with the same indefensible behavior.

YUGE difference. Also known as a double standard. You can't call a behavior, indefensible, then ignore it when Mika Brezenski does it.
You are still saying you think these behaviors are equal.

People in power do not attack those whose power is unequal to their own.

Trump can get into it with Congress and the SCOTUS all day if he wants. They have somewhat equal footing, though I'd argue his perceived stature as POTUS is higher.

But, one of DOZENS of everyday citizens who work for a news agency?

Nope. He's not a private citizen anymore.

How would you feel if the Chief of Police in your town took to Twitter to lay into you whenever he felt like it?

That's the equivalent to those of us who aren't in the media or some sort of celebrities.

For a private citizen, the Police Chief, Mayor of your town, someone who has a good deal of authority in that capacity attacking you via Twitter for speaking the truth OR for being critical of them would be seen as an abuse of their authority.

So, why's it okay for Trump?

Old 06-30-2017, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallBull View Post
Send me a check...I'll gladly relocate. Sick of the hypocrisy in America. He won't attack me because I'm not attacking him. I'm not chummying up to him either. And that makes me NOT a hypocrite.
So, Mika is a hypocrite. Or, maybe she thought his candidacy was a joke and later realized that she'd done genuine harm having him on her show?

I know plenty of media types didn't think Trump would be elected because he's not a politician and, as we have seen since he was elected, he sucks at this job.

So, is she a hypocrite? I dunno. I'm not really into these types of shows and I'd need to know more about her.

I do know that Trump going after her in that fashion was disgusting.

Old 06-30-2017, 12:03 PM

569 posts, read 671,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Exactly. If Trump had an issue with the hosts and cannot stop himself from commenting at least keep it about the issue he is objecting to. Taking it to a personal level is junior high level arguing and has zero to do with the issue.

Old 06-30-2017, 12:05 PM

Quote:

Nonsense.
Presidents don't get to do this type of "punching back."

It is beneath the office.

All he had to say, if he wanted to address them at all was "I don't watch these shows, but I understand they said X about me and my administration. It's unfortunate that they cannot rally together with the rest of us to create a better America, but the press does have the right to free speech, and I support our nation's Constitution, even if I do not agree with the content of this news program."

Or something of the sort.

Truth is, he had no leg to stand on. He lashed out at her for telling THE TRUTH.

You can push it back and claim it was for some slight weeks or months ago, but it was for calling out his fake magazine covers.

Those are fake. TIME magazine has confirmed that they are fake.

Any adult would laugh this mess off.

But, not Trump. He's so fragile. Babies are less fragile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies