Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2017, 01:02 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,145,944 times

Advertisements

And I don't mean by some vague indirect way like "I'll be paying through higher medical costs". I want to know how many of those uninsured that your are going to add to your insurance plan and pay the bill for every month.

You guys keep trashing republicans because they "don't care about the poor". So since you guys support funding the poor, I want to know how many people you are going to support out of pocket.

I'm looking for either a number of people (0, 1, 2, etc.), or a dollar amount.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2017, 01:05 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
The sad reality of involuntary collectivism is that the less fortunate are forced to be so heavily dependent on the State it drains the people (physically from working, then financially via taxes) whose charity they need the most.

Old 07-01-2017, 01:05 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,492,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
And I don't mean by some vague indirect way like "I'll be paying through higher medical costs". I want to know how many of those uninsured that your are going to add to your insurance plan and pay the bill for every month.

You guys keep trashing republicans because they "don't care about the poor". So since you guys support funding the poor, I want to know how many people you are going to support out of pocket.

Let's go back to the fabulous fifties which the Trumpettes all pine for! Raise the capital gains tax to 90%, like it was back then, and you'll be able to pay for alot of healthcare!

Old 07-01-2017, 01:07 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
How many logical fallacies does the OP contain in their low information, emotionally driven rant?

Old 07-01-2017, 01:10 PM

5,792 posts, read 5,107,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post

No, that's like saying you don't have kids so you won't pay your property taxes because they fund the local schools. It's a public good that we all pay. If you don't want to help pay for the poor, then people on your plan may not want to help pay for your insurance either. That's not how insurance work. And.....if these poor people don't have coverage, they will still go to the hospitals when they are ill, and the cost will be incurred by all of us through higher medical cost in one way or another.

Old 07-01-2017, 01:15 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
No, that's like saying you don't have kids so you won't pay your property taxes because they fund the local schools. It's a public good that we all pay. If you don't want to help pay for the poor, then people on your plan may not want to help pay for your insurance either. That's not how insurance work. And.....if these poor people don't have coverage, they will still go to the hospitals when they are ill, and the cost will be incurred by all of us through higher medical cost in one way or another.
Yeah but, it's more fun spouting nonsense and shaking your fist angrily at the TV

Old 07-01-2017, 01:18 PM

18,802 posts, read 8,469,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
The sad reality of involuntary collectivism is that the less fortunate are forced to be so heavily dependent on the State it drains the people (physically from working, then financially via taxes) whose charity they need the most.
Brighter and more modern minds might find a way to satisfy both sides.

If China Can Fund infrastructure with Its Own Credit, So Can*We: Ellen Brown ~ Mike Norman Economics
https://ellenbrown.com/2017/05/17/if...dit-so-can-we/

Old 07-01-2017, 01:30 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,293,305 times
Conservatives go off on rants about "collectivism" on this forum, it gives you the impression that their ideal for society is for everyone to live out in the middle of nowhere in hovels like Ted Kaczynski.

Freedom!

Old 07-01-2017, 01:40 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Democrats, if "23 million lose their insurance", how many people will you buy insurance for?
What a stupid question. Some people will will see their premiums quadruple under Trumpcare, so they can't even afford their own insurance, let alone paying for someone else.

Old 07-01-2017, 01:44 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
What a stupid question. Some people will will see their premiums quadruple under Trumpcare, so they can't even afford their own insurance, let alone paying for someone else.
This is what they do now under Obamacare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies